REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-21-2021, 05:49 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Selling a vehicle after passing the VI inspection

So recently, I got a box 2 VI for loud exhaust. I am putting back the OEM exhaust next week and getting it inspected at a certified shop.

I am going to sell the car after, but I heard that after the inspection they will put a decal on your windshield and some paperwork to be put in the car? There is a dealership that is willing to give me a good price to buy my car but I havent told him about the VI yet.

My question is, will the VI have any affect on the value of the vehicle or will the dealership wont want to buy the car anymore because of the past VI ? Thats assuming the car has passed the inspection.

Also, if a car that had a VI and passed the inspection, and then they get caught again, is it an automatic box 1?

Any input will be helpful, thanks.
Advertisement
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:10 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
The decal must remain on the windshield for a year after the inspection IIRC. And a dealer wants to put you in a new car, I doubt they care as long as it’s ready to be registered.

And if you get it passed and don’t re-modify it, there is no reason the car should be given a VI again. Unless you put the loud exhaust back on after inspection
Old 01-22-2021, 06:31 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

The decal can go on the back of a passed inspection form you leave in the car, that's the acceptable alternative.

I'd say this should make zero difference in value as long as the car wasn't permanently damaged.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:35 PM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,925 Times in 3,877 Posts
They might even see it as a good thing, since the car basically got PPId already
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If it passes the VI with flying colors, it can be a bonus as you basically just paid for a full mechanical inspection of your vehicle before selling it to the dealer.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote