REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 03-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #1
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Garden hoses

I need to buy a new garden hose for our strata car wash bay. Something around 50 feet. Because it's heavily used and abused, I'm looking for something that will hopefully last as long as possible, but not so heavy and rigid that it can't be rolled up into the hose reel. The current hose lasted about 9 months, kinked a lot, and finally cracked and split open.

Maybe instead of running a rubber hose, I could try one of those flexible metal ones? Never tried one before.

There are some brands like Flexi Hose on Amazon that have thousands of reviews and rated 4 stars, but always thought those were made for TV brands that were crap

Maybe someone here has a suggestion?
Advertisement

Last edited by Eff-1; 03-08-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
I'm interested in those none kink shrinking hoses too. I only need about 30 feet and I'm lazy to roll up a regular 50 foot hose.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Costco. The hose they normally carry is rugged as hell, but it’s quite heavy and can get annoying. This year I bought the flexible no kink one and so far I’m happy with it. Much lighter and shrinks when not used, and still like 100f
Old 03-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,123 Times in 179 Posts
I have one of those super cheap amazon flexi-cloth wrap hoses and I expected shit, but it's been actually a lot better than I was expecting. I use it at least once a week in the summer for our 3 family cars, so I wouldn't say I'm a heavy user, but I would definitely buy again.

Not having to fight to twist and roll a hose back up on it's reel is a wonderful experience.
immorality is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #5
private modder

^ yeah cool I might give it a try.

I will say the people in our building are pretty rough with the equipment. I've had to replace 3 or 4 nozzles already in less than a year. I've tried various kinds, right now it's one of those brass old-school ones that seems to be holding up the best.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Do not buy the yardworks medium duty hose from Canadian tire.instanly kinks and started cracking. Literally can't believe they are legally allowed to sell a piece of shit like that. Next time I'm going to go to a hose place like greenline and get a proper one.
chris walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:55 AM   #7
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,123 Times in 179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris walter View Post
Do not buy the yardworks medium duty hose from Canadian tire.instanly kinks and started cracking. Literally can't believe they are legally allowed to sell a piece of shit like that. Next time I'm going to go to a hose place like greenline and get a proper one.
Can confirm.

immorality is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2021, 07:55 AM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
i used to have one of those coil ones and it was a bit narrower in diameter than a normal hose but was actually a pretty decent hose for what it was. less output but not too bad, and always coiled right back into shape.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 01:30 AM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
I need to buy a new garden hose for our strata car wash bay. Something around 50 feet. Because it's heavily used and abused, I'm looking for something that will hopefully last as long as possible, but not so heavy and rigid that it can't be rolled up into the hose reel. The current hose lasted about 9 months, kinked a lot, and finally cracked and split open.

Maybe instead of running a rubber hose, I could try one of those flexible metal ones? Never tried one before.

There are some brands like Flexi Hose on Amazon that have thousands of reviews and rated 4 stars, but always thought those were made for TV brands that were crap

Maybe someone here has a suggestion?
My work tried the flexible metal ones. Works great until somebody ran it over with a car.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #10
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
best place to get a heavy duty garden hose from is New-Line Hose and fittings.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:39 PM   #11
private modder

Our maintenance company ended up getting the hose for our car wash bay. Not sure what brand but it's orange, rubber, and is holding up quite well so far.

The bigger trouble has been the nozzle. Cheap plastic ones keep breaking from abuse. So we went with this brass one and it's super solid. https://www.amazon.ca/Dramm-12380-He.../dp/B001DGII5O

Except it's been stolen twice. Can't win.