REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,842 Times in 8,204 Posts
3 massage parlours in Atlanta GA shot up, 8 dead

Pretty disturbing story, not all details are out yet. We don't know the motive yet but...

My first guess is this 21 year old racist incel decided to attack these women.

I've been noticing more racism towards Asians in the US, at least it's being more exposed to me in the news and social media, and with organizations bringing it up to fight it.

The obvious reason is Trump's constant racist remarks influencing these idiots, and it goes on from there. From snide remarks, to random attacks, to down right serial shootings. Pretty fucked up.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
i once came across a sub that was dedicated to hating asian women with non-asian guys

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i once came across a sub that was dedicated to hating asian women with non-asian guys

Was it a white group or an asian group? I've seen that form of racism on both sides
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2021, 08:36 PM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
When I first read the title I thought gang violence, then I opened the link and saw the pic... ffs yeah I've been hearing about all sorts of hate crimes against Asians lately not just in the US but in Canada as well

Even my family in the states NY, Boston, WA, Cali have all experienced racism these past couple of years

Edit: side note I think at least one of these places was more like a happy ending place than actual massage, it's named "young Asian massage"
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:22 PM   #5

It's obviously that kind of place, most likely all of them. Shouldn't discriminate though, it's tough enough for sex workers to work under draconian laws.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2021, 09:26 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

Edit: side note I think at least one of these places was more like a happy ending place than actual massage, it's named "young Asian massage"
*Young’s asian massage
Old 03-16-2021, 09:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's obviously that kind of place, most likely all of them. Shouldn't discriminate though, it's tough enough for sex workers to work under draconian laws.
Yeah but it just makes me think if there's some sort of religious angle with this guy too where he thinks he's taking on heathens... But maybe I'm just discriminating him based on his appearance
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2021, 09:50 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,403 Times in 553 Posts
Nobody deserves to go that way, especially while at your place of work trying to provide for yourself and family. Shooter is a scum

First large incident targeted against Asians, and it certainly won't be the last. There's a real deep rooted societal problem that goes back decades. It was never really solved, and now its rearing its ugly head again. Realize we never really get taught about the Chinatown riots and other historic anti-asian policies/acts in school.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #9

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,420 Posts
The callousness of the police statement empathizing for the killer is

The news conference stated that "Yesterday was a really bad day for him and this is what he did"
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,613 Times in 1,738 Posts
When I heard about this story yesterday, without even looking at the photo, first thing I thought was incel.

Seeing his face, this is definitely the case, among some possible racist motives.

These kind of guys are a dime a dozen in the US, I'm telling you.

What a coincidence though, mass shooter shoots a bunch of Asian girls, and arrives safe and sound in police custody.

Not to make this a racial discussion, but why the fuck are these guys never shot and killed like a black man possibly armed and interacting with police?

They probably bought this guy a hamburger on the way to the precinct like they did Dylan Roof.

It's becoming laughable at this point.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #11

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,420 Posts
Fucking savage:

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 01:12 PM   #12
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,399 Times in 5,671 Posts
To Mike’s point that’s kinda fucked up as well as literally in under 12 hours of the murders NBC and even the local radio stations have police saying “the criminal actually says it wasn’t a racially based attack but rather he had a sexual disorder that he was trying to deal with”

Now I don’t follow the mainstream media too much but I can guarantee you if this was a black person etc. They are going to be in the deepest, darkest, cell you can find and the character assasination will be in full force rather than trying to portray the perps message out to the media lol..fucked up
Old 03-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #13
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,544 Times in 5,148 Posts
I wouldn’t go so far as to say he “looks” like an incel, he may well be but I’m not so sure they all look alike... he does look like a very typical guns and confederate flag truck owner though.

Sad day, more flames being stoked in America’s growing race war.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:04 PM   #14

This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 02:12 PM   #15

If he were black or middle eastern looking he would be dead and or marked a terrorist before any investigation

'mericuh doesn't change
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #16

Yup, not a terrorist, but someone with a "mental disorder"

Remember last year when there was a debate here about the guy who was shot to death while running away from cops who caught him sleeping in his car at a Wendy's?

People actually debated about that. Those members all left after Trump lost, but it's a reminder that there are people who think like this, even in Canada.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,184 Times in 967 Posts
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...acist-facebook

Headline: The Cop Who Said The Spa Shooter Had "A Bad Day" Previously Posted A Racist Shirt Blaming China For The Pandemic
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 03:44 PM   #18

Fuck
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 06:41 PM   #19
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,537 Times in 1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yup, not a terrorist, but someone with a "mental disorder"

Remember last year when there was a debate here about the guy who was shot to death while running away from cops who caught him sleeping in his car at a Wendy's?

People actually debated about that. Those members all left after Trump lost, but it's a reminder that there are people who think like this, even in Canada.
Remember when I said white people are always labeled as "mental disorder" and coloured people (usually middle Eastern) are labeled as "territorists"?

Also when people commit hate crimes against white people and black people, it's actually hate crime. But hate crime against Asian people is just "aggrevated assault"

Got failed a bunch, probably will get failed a bunch too. But crimes against Asians don't matter to most people.

Also that dude who killed that elderly grandpa, his peers are like "my ___ is such a good boy, he would never doing something like that". Funny how those same people might be the same people who riot the streets when one of their own is jumped the same way.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #20
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,544 Times in 5,148 Posts
I don't think anyone disagrees with you, it's just that generalizing doesn't do anyone any favours and tends to weaken the stance of the one generalizing even when they're right...

We would all do well to avoid statements like "everyone" and "always" in society, heck, even our own personal relationships and love lives for that matter...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 09:32 PM   #21

He bought his gun the same day

Someone on twitter noted in GA if you wanted an abortion, you have to wait 24hrs before you can go through with the procedure, a gun? right away

Quote:
Hours before the shootings started, Long bought a gun from Big Woods Goods in Holly Springs, an employee told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Now the store is cooperating with law enforcement. A 9mm firearm was found when Long was arrested.
https://www.ajc.com/news/exclusive-s...P7GLOQ6AQJ27A/
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 01:19 AM   #22

Dude randomly attacks old Chinese lady (after already beating up an 89 year old Asian man), she fucks him up, he goes to the hospital

Look at him try to give her the finger and it's broken backwards
Old 03-18-2021, 03:27 AM   #23
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah but it just makes me think if there's some sort of religious angle with this guy too where he thinks he's taking on heathens... But maybe I'm just discriminating him based on his appearance
heathens... infidels...
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 07:25 AM   #24
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
i thought the guy actually went to parlours too, which makes it weird.. hates asians, but not enough to get happy endings from them?

glad to see guy got it from granny...she wasn't old 'n frail like most attacks...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:14 AM   #25

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,698 Posts
True story from my extended family. My American cousins, all women, live in California, Texas, and Florida. My cousins in B.C. and I keep in touch through a Whatsapp group chat with our American extended family.

One of my cousins in Burnaby sent a Youtube link twice in the past year during this pandemic through Whatsapp. A Youtube video about the "Top 3 best handguns to buy" for women.

Then my cousin in Burnaby sends a message " Y'all stay safe!"

I don't believe for a minute that carrying a handgun will change the attitudes that some racist Americans have towards Chinese Americans or any Asian American for that matter.

That being said, I was cheering for that Chinese senior, the granny, for standing up for herself, and using that two by four to defend herself from that white bully.

Like what SkinnyPup said in his last post, she fucked him up good!

OG granny laid his ass out. -turned the tables on that piece of shit!

How sad is it that there needs to be more resources available for Asian Americans to protect themselves from assaults during this pandemic and even pre-pandemic.

Trump made things worse with his statements during the pandemic. Calling Covid "China Virus" and "Kung Flu". Some Americans that support Cheeto will latch on to those comments to justify their violence against Asian Americans. -to justify their racism, bigotry.

More police patrols? Neighbourhood watch?

-can't always depend on the cops to protect you from violence perpetrated against you because you are Chinese, Asian.

Self defence is a right! Maybe I should ask my cousin from Burnaby to show me some of his black belt karate moves, kung fu, or Muay Thai kickboxing.

Last edited by pastarocket; 03-18-2021 at 08:22 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: