REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #126
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
So I did this yesterday as it happened to be my wedding anniversary and it made for a great excuse to take my wife up to Whistler for lunch.

It was a 911S with a MANUAL with 4300km on it. It's the only manual in their fleet and just happened to get freed up in time for me. As you'd expect it made the experience even better. It was pretty much spec'd exactly how I would have except for the black wheels (I prefer silver or gold).

Dealer experience (Porsche Vancouver) was great - Adam, Henry and team do a great job in getting the car ready and walk you through everything you need to know. It's like a tidier, very professional rental experience just as you'd expect. Even the front desk knew I was coming.

The booking experience is mobile only and this is where it needs some work - the language in the app is still tailored to Ontario (or some other place than BC) as it refers to things like "insurance card" and doesn't use ICBC's terminology for the driver's abstract. It took multiple days for my profile to get approved I sent in the as wrong doc initially and had to email twice and call once with zero responses before Henry/Adam stepped in and sorted things out on their end. The app now only shows me the option to rent and not subscribe (it showed both when I first signed up) so it's pretty buggy. I figure it'll get worked out in the coming months.

Cost came out to $680 plus $75 of gas (300km). As I'm going to be in the market for a Porsche in the next couple years this is a great way for me to experience their cars and get a fix while I'm without one. (I lucked out that my wife came along as she liked the 911 a lot too so that roadblock is out of the way).

From what I've seen (Turo, other rental shops) the pricing is super fair for this type of car - it's basically the cheapest way to rent a Porsche once you add in everything. The subscription service, even for a month, is really good too especially as you can split it with a friend. In comparison you can rent a 5 year old F-Type on Turo for $260 plus fees/taxes and it only comes with 200km for a day. A 2 year old Corvette is going for $500 plus fees/taxes on Turo.

Edit: Overall, I really like it and plan to use it at least a few more times.

The car:

My kid showing me the proper driving position:
Thanks for taking the plunge and actually doing it. I assume $650 is for one day?
Advertisement
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:22 AM   #127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Thanks for taking the plunge and actually doing it. I assume $650 is for one day?
Yep, 24 hours. Pickup is M-F during their business hours. If you pick up on Friday it has to be a 3 day rental as you can't return till Monday. A 3 day rental is cheaper per day and I think by the time you do a full week you should just do a monthly instead.

I picked up at 9:30 but I think next time I'll pick up at the end of day so I can head out earlier.