REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Matrix Resurrections (https://www.revscene.net/forums/717361-matrix-resurrections.html)

pastarocket 09-09-2021 12:22 PM

Matrix Resurrections

Aww yeah, the first trailer for this new Matrix movie.

Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss are back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikemhg 09-09-2021 12:48 PM

No Lawrence Fishburn?

pastarocket 09-09-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9038914)
No Lawrence Fishburn?

No, Fishburne, aka Morpheus, is not in this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CivicBlues 09-09-2021 01:33 PM

Watched this again, it totally looks at first like a parody trailer with its bright colour palette and odd tilting font. Especially the first 30 seconds of it. I sure hope the move is better and recaptures the existential dread of the first movie.

inv4zn 09-09-2021 02:58 PM

^I agree, I hope it's a bait/switch for the trailer, it's almost like a rom-com lol.

I really really hope they don't make this one into a gung-ho fast & furious type movie, there's a reason the first (and 2 and 3, lesser) were so good.

It's like the Mission Impossible series. The first 2 movies are so good, because they're so different. 3+ just turned into another typical action movie with world dominating villains, and they lost their way. If you ask me to tell you difference between any of them I wouldn't be able to.

underscore 09-09-2021 04:32 PM

It's been ages since I saw Revolutions so I'm a little confused as to whether this is a reboot or a sequel or ? It kinda looks like a bit of both?

I noticed only one of The Wachowskis is involved, which is interesting.

SkinnyPupp 09-09-2021 04:54 PM

Morpheus is in it, just not Fishburne. It looks like they got a guy to impersonate a younger Fishburne.

So weird. This whole thing is so weird. There are also scenes in the trailer where the original movie is being played. So it might be some strange meta thing, who knows.

I'm intrigued... Not hyped, but intrigued.

snowball 09-09-2021 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 9038930)
^I agree, I hope it's a bait/switch for the trailer, it's almost like a rom-com lol.

I really really hope they don't make this one into a gung-ho fast & furious type movie, there's a reason the first (and 2 and 3, lesser) were so good.

It's like the Mission Impossible series. The first 2 movies are so good, because they're so different. 3+ just turned into another typical action movie with world dominating villains, and they lost their way. If you ask me to tell you difference between any of them I wouldn't be able to.

This surprisingly looks decent. I remember I didn't like 2 and 3 when they first came out but the story aged very well even though the execution wasn't great.

Mr.Money 09-09-2021 08:37 PM

lot of people said "The matrix would be my top movie ever if they didn't make part 2 or 3".

this seems a little odd but i'll watch it just to see it unfold.

nabs 09-10-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 9038946)
Morpheus is in it, just not Fishburne. It looks like they got a guy to impersonate a younger Fishburne.

So weird. This whole thing is so weird. There are also scenes in the trailer where the original movie is being played. So it might be some strange meta thing, who knows.

I'm intrigued... Not hyped, but intrigued.

If the Oracle can change how she looks, so can Morpheus. I'm sure that's how it will be explained.

mikemhg 09-10-2021 10:50 AM

I'm on the fence here.

Some scenes literally look like a remake of the first film, and can we stop doing prequels, or "young" versions of the same character?

The fact that 2 of 3 of the main characters are back, and Fishburne is not, is fucking retarded.

I don't want to see a "young" version of him. Meh, I'll be watching it anyways, even though Hollywood sucks nowadays.

inv4zn 09-10-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 9039040)
If the Oracle can change how she looks, so can Morpheus. I'm sure that's how it will be explained.

But the Oracle was a program. Morpheus was not.

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2021 05:36 PM

I'm sure they'll come up with some way to explain Morpheus but I think it's weird not having the second biggest star and most recognizable character from the first movies in this one.

According to Fishburne, they never even offered him a role. But then when I hear that, maybe they're doing a swerve and he's in there, who knows.

underscore 09-10-2021 07:59 PM

That would be a great twist actually. It's been done before, I can't recall the film, but the characters appearance was a big surprise that the actor didn't want ruined by people expecting him, so he opted not to be on the posters, do any plugging, or have any mention of his involvement at all.

Hondaracer 09-10-2021 10:04 PM

Trailer is pretty bad ass

Interesting to read today the directors, former Wachowski brothers are now actually trans-sisters…

SkinnyPupp 09-10-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9039172)

Interesting to read today the directors, former Wachowski brothers are now actually trans-sisters…

There's a pretty popular theory that the entire Matrix is a metaphor for transgender issues.

It's pretty convincing but the Wachowskis have never acknowledged it AFAIK so I don't know

Edit: I'm wrong, they say that it always was but couldn't be upfront about it in 1999. I totally buy that

What will be fun is if they are totally overt about it in this new one, and people will freak out about it. We've even seen it here with Star Trek EleGiggle

68style 09-11-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9039172)

I had absolutely NO idea that had happened.

Was wondering when watching the trailer who Lana Wachowski was... thought like... weird did they get their niece to direct this or something?!

That's a hell of a story all on its own.

white rocket 09-12-2021 12:36 AM

I'm stoked!! Hoping for a decent storyline and not a desperate cash grab reboot vibe.

Didn't know about the Wachowski switcharoo; will have to look that one up.

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2021 01:25 AM

Wachowski movies have all been flops since the last Matrix, so if they make another good one, it'll be a huge accomplishment.

My wife and I really enjoyed Sense8 on Netflix though, that was excellent

Manic! 09-12-2021 01:05 PM

Morpheus/Lawrence Fishburn died in one of the video games that's why he is not in it.

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2021 03:50 PM

Oh yes I forgot the stupid video game is considered canon. Morpheus died and became an AI.

mikemhg 09-12-2021 04:27 PM

Video game? :lol Who played that shit.

Since when does a video game become canon?

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2021 04:52 PM

IIRC the Wachowskis wanted to basically let the community take over the Matrix storyline with a super long term online game similar to Second Life after the trilogy was over. Let people actually live in The Matrix. So the game developers worked with a lot of input from hardcore Matrix fans

It was a cool idea at the time but yeah that game was unfortunately a flop

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-14-2021 03:06 AM

yeah all the wachowski movie's are about identity in some way... more and more obvious after matrix 2.

everything they made after matrix 1 was totally downhill. 2 was not bad, 3 was... ok...

everything after worse and worse. speed racer... wtf... jupiter ascending... cloud atlas... ok cloud atlas was soso.. not bad.

and what someone said above about the matrix being the best movie if they didnt make 2 or 3... yeah totally agree.

i almost wanna just say matrix 1... is is all the matrix you need.

just like terminator 2 is all the terminator you need.

semi spoiler/rumor/guesses
so this is supposed to be some meta shit.
someone mentioned you can see the matrix movie in the trailer, that mr anderson is an actor or something, and he plays neo in the matrix, in this matrix?

my guess is why some of the scenes look like remakes of the old matrix, and why morpheus looks... different, but is still "morpheus" is, all those are just scenes from his "movie" inside this matrix. lol.

yeah the color is all weird, but the end of matrix 3, was all bright as well. it just doesnt have that same feel. that dark, kinda green old vintage 1950's feel yet have that kinda 1990s gothic undertone to it.

and what civicblues saying it is like a parody... HAH i totally feel that now that i watch it again. feels like one of those MTV movie awards parodies they did back in the days.

there's just gotta be an asian chick with blue dyed hair in it...

SkinnyPupp 09-14-2021 03:47 AM

Powerful Asian women must have coloured hair. Natural hair colour is weak, you see.