REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   2021 Formula 1 Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/717427-2021-formula-1-thread.html)

TypeRNammer 12-05-2021 01:36 PM

2021 Formula 1 Thread

Saudi Arabia highlights for today, very dramatic race.

Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton are now tied for top spot with one more race to go.

Thanks to Netflix and drive to survive, it has once again peak my interest in formula 1. And to top that off this has been one of the most dramatic seasons in my opinion.

Koflach 12-05-2021 01:50 PM

It's been one of the best seasons to watch in years. I can't wait to watch the netflix breakdown of the season.

Oshiguru 12-05-2021 02:38 PM

This whole week is going to be spicy. Definitely one of the better in terms of drama season endings.

Looking forward to this weekend

StylinRed 12-06-2021 02:23 AM

It's been crazy this year the drama is unbelievable, if they made a movie out of some the scenes you'd find it corny and unbelievable (like verstappen walking on the track after his qualifying crash and seeing his dad flipping out on the big screen)

Definitely entertaining, I was going to go to the last race but got told no(there were still tickets available two weeks ago)

Max walking back from crashed car, merc driving by, dad on the big screen raging... total corny dramatic movie sequence

TypeRNammer 12-06-2021 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 9046582)
It's been crazy this year the drama is unbelievable, if they made a movie out of some the scenes you'd find it corny and unbelievable (like verstappen walking on the track after his qualifying crash and seeing his dad flipping out on the big screen)

Definitely entertaining, I was going to go to the last race but got told no(there were still tickets available two weeks ago)

https://streamable.com/srnf7x

Max walking back from crashed car, merc driving by, dad on the big screen raging... total corny dramatic movie sequence

Or even Toto when he was raging about Max slowing down to let Lewis pass only for Lewis to hit him in the rear

nabs 12-06-2021 08:16 AM

Gotta love a good Toto meltdown.. waited all season for it.

nabs 12-06-2021 08:16 AM

MTL tickets go on sale some time next week! Who's going?

HonestTea 12-06-2021 01:50 PM

What a crazy season! LETS GO LEWIS!

twitchyzero 12-06-2021 08:52 PM

was at cota during gp weekend

my 3rd one but i couldn't believe the popularity

Hondaracer 12-07-2021 06:49 AM

Can’t believe Max crashed on that final corner of qualifying.

I’m fully back into F1 and pumped for the 2022 overhaul. Smart money is on Lewis but it’s gonna be crazy either way

Great68 12-07-2021 09:09 AM

Seasons are so much better when they're down to the wire.

I don't really have a favourite driver or team, I typically root for the underdog. I'd like to see a Verstappen win just because it would be his first (just like I was rooting for Lewis in 2008), but if Lewis wins it'll definitely be hard fought and earned and fine with me.

I just don't want the title to be decided after the fact with penalties etc.

I can't stand all the bellyaching on the Reddit F1 sub about Max's driving in the last race. It's hard fucking racing, give your balls a tug people. Maybe they were just too used to Rosberg laying over for Hamilton back in those days.

Hondaracer 12-07-2021 09:39 AM

I think the Lewis nut huggers also forget some races Lewis has had in the past where his “defensive” driving was akin to Max’s pushing the boundaries as well

Eff-1 12-07-2021 09:53 AM

I'm cheering for Max because it's fun to cheer for the challenger. But credit to Lewis, he's a formidable challenge.

It's been a great season but I really can't wait for next year. New cars! Fresh start.

TypeRNammer 12-07-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9046761)
Can’t believe Max crashed on that final corner of qualifying.

I’m fully back into F1 and pumped for the 2022 overhaul. Smart money is on Lewis but it’s gonna be crazy either way

Can't blame Max for going absolutely full send, especially going purple for the first two sectors

And bad luck for Perez, now have to settle for 2nd place for constructors title.

blkgsr 12-07-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 9046777)
I'm cheering for Max because it's fun to cheer for the challenger. But credit to Lewis, he's a formidable challenge.

It's been a great season but I really can't wait for next year. New cars! Fresh start.

agreed but fuck lewis. his interviews are painful to listen to, such an ass kiss

TypeRNammer 12-07-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 9046781)
agreed but fuck lewis. his interviews are painful to listen to, such an ass kiss

I think it's just painful in general

On one hand, he always talks about kids watching formula 1 and trying to set an example.

On the other hand, gets P1, thanks the team and everyone at the factory, but if he gets P2, just dead silence on the radio.

Eff-1 12-07-2021 10:25 AM

I'm cheering for Max but my wife loves Lewis way more than Max. According to her he's humble and appreciative, while Max is arrogant and not personable at all. Haha we have domestic rivalry.

StylinRed 12-07-2021 12:43 PM

Ppl forget what a baby ham was like in the past, especially vs rosberg

I want max to win only cuz I don't want some with more wdc than Schumi :lol

As for Maxs driving, his style used to be praised, hell hams hero Senna drove even more dangerously

Hondaracer 12-07-2021 01:19 PM

I feel like the margins are so close now and drivers cut it so close like when Hamilton clipped his front wing and then is bitching on the radio it’s like fuck man you are using DRS right on his ass and then complaining about getting brake checked?

Or getting into these 3 wide packs and making contact and then the radios are just each driver trying to blame the other driver lol

TypeRNammer 12-07-2021 01:57 PM

Maybe someone is going to go bowling in the last race haha.

I mean Bottas did, knocked out Perez and Max drove with no barge board, essentially half a car.

HonestTea 12-07-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9046806)
I feel like the margins are so close now and drivers cut it so close like when Hamilton clipped his front wing and then is bitching on the radio it’s like fuck man you are using DRS right on his ass and then complaining about getting brake checked?

Or getting into these 3 wide packs and making contact and then the radios are just each driver trying to blame the other driver lol

LOL did you get into this sport cause of DtS? cause you're clearly talking outta your ass. Max clearly brake checked him from the official FIA documents "69 bars of pressure resulting in 2.4G of deceleration" and using DRS prior to the contact? DRS detection line was in front of them, there was no DRS during the contact.

Koflach 12-07-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 9046599)
MTL tickets go on sale some time next week! Who's going?

i'd love to go see it live one day. bucket list event for me for sure.

Hondaracer 12-07-2021 02:38 PM

Been into F1 for 15+ years but casual at best for the last 6 or so. Sorry if I wasn’t referencing the FIA docs bro. When I was watching the recap on YouTube could have sworn they had Hamilton using DRS right before contact but I guess not

Doesn’t take away what I said though about everything being so tight. You want to get that close in an attempt to overtake? Better be aware of the potential for contact. Albeit 2.4G Of deceleration is a pretty nice brake check lol

Koflach 12-07-2021 02:39 PM

i'm all for hard fought racing but Max can't push someone off the track when they have the lead and not expect to be penalized.

blackGS? 12-07-2021 05:32 PM

The best result would be Kimi winning on his last GP.
Max P10
Lewis P11