REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-08-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
If you have a GeForce 3000 series, check out DLDSR

I'm not sure how many people used DSR in its original form - it basically let you run games at as high res as you wanted, and downsample to your native res. So you could play a game at 4K on a 1080p monitor, and it would look quite smooth. It's the original form of antialiasing really

It never really took off, I guess because the downsampling algorithm was not perfect. If you could run at exactly 4x res, it would work, but you'd have problems running newer games at that res.

Enter DLDSR which throws machine learning into the mix. It lets you run at partial multiples - so like 2.25x resolution, and uses ML to downsample and the results are AMAZING.

I haven't seen such a huge leap in graphics quality just from software, since DLSS. And yes, you can upsample to a higher res, use DLSS to render at a lower res, and upsample back to your native res. And the results are fantastic! It gets rid of all sorts of weird issues you'd normally see at lower resolutions

This feature isn't talked about much so I thought I'd start a thread. I think a lot of people are sleeping on it, but IMO it's worth enabling on just about every game you play, especially if you have performance to spare. I knew a 3070 on my 1080p monitor was pretty overkill, but with DLDSR it makes full use of the extra power with a huge improvement in quality.

Digital Foundry does a great job of explaining it here, with TONS of examples including combining it with DLSS

Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:34 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts

got all excited reading the title rdy to bust out my geforce 4
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: