REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-17-2022, 09:38 AM   #1
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Windows 10 Search Questions?

Anyone familiar with Windows 10 Search function?

I recently just migrated from Windows7 to Windows10 after my old X220T finally just bite the dust after 10+yrs

Before in windows 7 I could use the window search and quickly search thru the content of all my files. (Mainly thousands of .xlsm & .docx file) I could always search for a phone # like 123-456-7890, or address on the windows 7 search and get the result of the file that contain the search phase.

But in windows 10 "window search", it wouldn't search thru the content. I already tried all the usual like rebuilding the index, checking all the boxes to search index and search content etc.

However, the content search would work perfectly if I use the file explorer search instead of the windows search. (i.e. the search box at the top right of the folder)
It would show the result immediately before I even finish typing the full search term. (e.g. if I type 123-456-, it would immediately list all the files that has 123-456-xxxx in them.

Well I guess my question is how do I make the window search more like file explorer search?

And I prefer using the windows search because it is much easier to access with a click of window button and I can type my search. (vs file explorer search I have to open a folder, click the top right search box and type the search term)
Advertisement
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote