REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-01-2022, 10:23 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Great tips from everyone here. To be clear, in Canada a dealer is not allowed to sell a vehicle above MSRP. As a result, you don't see a line item for "market adjustment" like you would with some hot vehicles in the US.

However, some dealers may try to get around it by fitting vehicles with accessories which are marked up to create that market adjustment. In BC, common accessory items may be 3M films, body parts, running boards, roof racks, gator guard rim protectors etc etc. Basically anything they can attach.

When you write your deposit agreement you can try to write no additional accessories to be fitted on the vehicle. If they don't agree that should be a bit of a red flag.

Hope you have an enjoyable purchase experience. The GR Corolla is awesome!

Kev
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2022, 12:54 PM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's one of the things I really prefer about consumerism in Japan compared to most other countries (especially outside Asia). The options are all there, but everything is totally straight forward and laid out for you to clearly see. Whether it's buying a car or buying ramen from a ticket machine.
so basically the west are a bunch of dishonourable scumbags, makes sense

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:04 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Now that the car has been announced, I assume it'll take a bit for the dealers to get more info but I assume they'll be calling me at some point with updates? I don't want to annoy them but I don't want to be forgotten either.

And I'm assuming adding a BOV would void the warranty but adding tint and some graphics is fine?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #29
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
"Reversible mods"
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Ditto on reversible, especially if you are bringing it back to them for regular maintenance as part of your warranty period. Some dealerships will jerk you around if they see even the slightest of a mod. I speak from experience on my not-so-interesting Corolla iM and it depends on the dealer. Original dealer where I bought the car gave zero fucks whereas second dealer I went to didn't even want to look at it.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 01:32 PM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Now that the car has been announced, I assume it'll take a bit for the dealers to get more info but I assume they'll be calling me at some point with updates? I don't want to annoy them but I don't want to be forgotten either.

And I'm assuming adding a BOV would void the warranty but adding tint and some graphics is fine?
Warranty is a whole ‘nother can of worms which can vary from manufacturer and even dealership. Usually the way it goes is, if you have a BOV, but you develop tpms issues, clearly they’re not connected. If you started getting CEL’s for emissions or high/low boost etc etc then they could void it.
Old 04-01-2022, 01:55 PM   #32

I looked up the install for a Yaris (same drivetrain) and it's not easily accessible, at a minimum you're pulling covers and boost pipes off, realistically you need to pull the lower subframe off so it's pretty obvious you've been fiddling around down there. It's also controlled by the ECU so who knows if it can tell that you've swapped it for an aftermarket one.

My inner 14 year old will just have to wait until the day after the warranty expires to put one on lol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 04-01-2022, 02:10 PM   #33
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
I would watch out for Langley Toyota and Westminster Toyota if I were you.

I was dealing with Langley Toyota today for a 2022 4runner TRD Off Road. He kept insisting for a $1000 nonrefundable deposit to lock in the deal. They wanted it to be non refundable even subject to finance, so If I was approved for 6% and not the 3.79% from toyota, I wouldnt be able to back out of the deal without loosing the money. They wanted to charge me $1000 over MSRP and wanted to charge $1794 Key Fob protection and BC package "One free oil change, Windshield repair for life, nitrogen in tires" because they don't do documentation fees.

Similar with Westminster Toyota a few months ago, tried to undervalue my trade to "keep their lights on," he only changed his tone after I left a long bad review.
Let me know if you'd like a Toyota dealership recommendation I just picked up my 2022 4Runner TRD Off-Road last weekend. Ordered first week of January with a $500 refundable deposit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

oh hahaha, I totally understand...

The most stupid mod, that probably cost me performance instead of adding to it is adding the SSQV to my EVO with no recirculation line, so 100% of the pressure gets released into the atmosphere....

Yes, I lost throttle response... but yoooooo that high pitch "pshhhh" sound everytime you let off the throttle lolol

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:40 PM   #35

That's exactly what I have on my Celica

100% completely pointless on that car, and it actually wastes a little bit of gas for nothing, but I love having it on there.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #36
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
For rates, I've heard good things about Coast Capital Auto Finance. They're quite specific on who they hand loans out to but if you are approved, the rates are really competitive. You won't get an exact rate beforehand, but call before applying to see what their range of rates are at the moment.
Another good thing I like about Coast is that it doesn't show on your credit bureau report.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 02:34 PM   #37

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Imagine thinking you have negotiating power during Covid ultra-low inventory, ultra hype car, limited numbers.

Get yourself a treadmill so you can practice walking away. They've got your nuts in a vice.

They've got 10000 asian kids at UBC on speed dial that will pay 10k over MSRP.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:51 PM   #38

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
^^ I doubt it...

This is not a joke... some of the younger kids in my wechat groups... they are all crying why the GR Corolla is manual only, alot of them went with the Golf R over the FK8 for that reason... all the while I was in the group saying... guys... it's got auto blip feature/anti stall whatever whatever... it is not even "really" a manaul.... like WTF....

But yea, they grew up at a different time, their first car on the wall is a 458 and a Haracan and the 991.1 911 GT3 RS...

Its the same though, ideally my current dream car (which somewhat realistically still attainable) is a Gated Manual - V8 R8. And my dad's generation will be like, why do you want AWD, and TCS and all those electronic gizmos/nannies.

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:32 PM   #39

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
You always hear from the ppl complaining, you won’t hear from those that won’t. The fact that the Type R was selling above msrp will tell you what will happen to the GR.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2022, 08:30 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
If it ain't a tyte caR, it ain't a type R.

... if it ain't a tyte caR, it ain't a gR.