REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #826
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,698 Posts
The Official 2022/2023 Canucks & NHL Thread

Canucks offence cooked the Ducks tonight.

First hat trick for Kuzmenko.

Another two goal game for Horvat.

Petey with 5 points (one goal, four assists)

JT scores a goal.

The PP was 2 for 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2022, 09:00 PM   #827
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
I think i need some bbq roast duck for lunch or dinner today lol
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:01 PM   #828
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,085 Times in 1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ great pep talk and lots of quotes from his one day here. I wonder if he will ever go into coaching ... does TV analyst pay more or does a coach? I know which is less stressful for sure, maybe that's why retired players take on TV analyst. Should be a good vibe night.
I think Bieksa's colourful personality would be wasted behind the bench. He's better suited in front of a camera, as a TV analyst.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2022, 09:29 PM   #829
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
I think i need some bbq roast duck for lunch or dinner today lol

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2022, 10:48 PM   #830
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,038 Posts
Was at the game today because of Bieksa, couldn't have picked a better game.

The ducks made the Canucks look good, lots of sustained zone time. But damn there were some bad gaffs by the nucks.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2022, 04:01 AM   #831
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,570 Times in 5,160 Posts
Our penalty kill is jsut beyond awful
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 09:43 AM   #832
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,038 Posts
Some of the goals that the ducks score, you could just see it from a mile away because the nucks were not in position and just scrambling. And scrambling into the wrong positions.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:31 AM   #833
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,526 Times in 4,911 Posts
Plans for a parade?

No worries...................

The Canucks have been invited to participate in this year's Santa Claus Parade. hee hee, hue hue, pew pew................
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:56 AM   #834
I bringith the lowerballerith

That one goal with Hughes pinching, and Stillman pinching lead to a goal. No one was covering the back end at all.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:21 PM   #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
That one goal with Hughes pinching, and Stillman pinching lead to a goal. No one was covering the back end at all.
I don't understand what the heck the assistant coach Mike Yeo is teaching the d-men and forwards in terms of defensive systems.

It's on the players and this assistant coach to fix the defence.

The team was leading the game, up 2 goals late in the third period, when Hughes and Stillman were pinching in the Ducks' zone.

Why did they make such a high risk play at the point in the game? -would have been better to have the d-men stay back in the defensive zone.

Is any lead in a game safe for the Canucks?
Old 11-04-2022, 01:33 PM   #836
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Mike Yeo and Nolan Baumgartner apparently learned from the same guy. Jk but i wouldnt be surprised if they did
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #837
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,307 Times in 1,647 Posts
That was a great game to be at last night. First and foremost, we were all there for Juice. I'm glad we got the opportunity to thank him. Great little ceremony for Bieksa and honestly, a great gift by giving him that piece of the stanchion

Things I noticed watching them in person:

1. For the first half of the game or so, they could hardly string together 2-3 clean passes to each other. Incredibly frustrating to watch because so many of those were no look passes to no one in particular. They really struggled to get anything going and were fortunate to tie the game up at the end of the first.

2. Petey was an absolute force out there from beginning to end. Every shift he had, no matter which end of the ice, he was effective. Once Mikheyev and Kuzmenko got into a rhythm, things finally clicked and we saw a bunch of goals. Petey led them there.

3. This team would be shit without Bo. He may be a quiet leader, but he absolutely leads by example. Plus, literally no one else on the team is above 50% on FOs. He's out there all the time to try and win possession for us.

4. Miller is still not on his game. Prior to his goal, he was playing like dog shit. He's better than this and I'm sure he'll figure it out soon.

5. The defense, holy fuck it's bad. OEL looks like he lacks any sort of confidence most of the time. There was one moment where OEL found himself alone in the Duck's zone and instead of taking a shot he just threw up a floater towards Gibson.

Stillman is what he is I suppose but yeesh. I don't understand why he's being played in favour of others.

Meyers had that monster hit which was nice but he always falls afterwards. Really wish he would make good use of his size more often. For someone who's a literal giant, he doesn't seem to put fear into his opponents.

Hughes is doing everything he can to help this team win. Honestly, it seems like sometimes he does too much because he knows he has to be the one driving the play. It often leads to defensive breakdowns because the people who are supposed to cover him simply fuck it up with bad decisions.

Bear I actually thought played well last night. Physical, able to make the break out pass. If he can improve his game during the course of this season, he may actually be a bit of a steal for us. I see some good potential in him.

6. The fourth line actually plays well for us. I have to admit, I was skeptical when they didn't re-sign our guys from last season but these guys have been a nice little surprise. Any time a fourth line can be physical as well as contribute offensively, you can't ask for anything more. We need it and they delivered.

7. Kuzmenko! Chants of KUUUUUUUUZ were loud in the building. When I first saw videos of him skating with local kids and during training camp, I could see that this is a real likeable guy. Such positive vibes from him almost all the time. It was a real privilege to see his first NHL hat trick in person. The whole bench was ecstatic for him. Great sight to see. Just seeing the look on his face as he soaked in the adoration of the crowd was amazing. I hope this guy sticks around with us!

Forgot to add, as great as last night was, let's be real for a second. The Ducks are a terrible team right now so we absolutely should have won. We also gave up 5 goals to a shitty team and couldn't kill penalties again. I don't count the one at the end because time ran out before the penalty did lol. This was great for their confidence and hopefully they can start to build up some momentum heading into other games.
Spoiler!

Last edited by spoon.ek9; 11-04-2022 at 03:41 PM.
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2022, 03:58 PM   #838
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,873 Times in 903 Posts
Kuz is figuring it out as he goes. He seems like someone who thrives off the fans' in the building. As long as they don't lose confidence, I think he'll be real good.

Bo absolutely destroyed on faceoffs and is carrying the team in play. They have to re-sign him, even if it means trading away Boeser + others to make room. If they can't keep him, it would be the start of a rebuild and I don't see Petey sticking around for that.

Not sure if it was the same play, but I did see OEL flip one in on Gibson and I'm positive it was to let the guys change and take a face off in the offensive zone.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 12:45 PM   #839
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,767 Times in 909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
That was a great game to be at last night. First and foremost, we were all there for Juice. I'm glad we got the opportunity to thank him. Great little ceremony for Bieksa and honestly, a great gift by giving him that piece of the stanchion

Things I noticed watching them in person:

1. For the first half of the game or so, they could hardly string together 2-3 clean passes to each other. Incredibly frustrating to watch because so many of those were no look passes to no one in particular. They really struggled to get anything going and were fortunate to tie the game up at the end of the first.

2. Petey was an absolute force out there from beginning to end. Every shift he had, no matter which end of the ice, he was effective. Once Mikheyev and Kuzmenko got into a rhythm, things finally clicked and we saw a bunch of goals. Petey led them there.

3. This team would be shit without Bo. He may be a quiet leader, but he absolutely leads by example. Plus, literally no one else on the team is above 50% on FOs. He's out there all the time to try and win possession for us.

4. Miller is still not on his game. Prior to his goal, he was playing like dog shit. He's better than this and I'm sure he'll figure it out soon.

5. The defense, holy fuck it's bad. OEL looks like he lacks any sort of confidence most of the time. There was one moment where OEL found himself alone in the Duck's zone and instead of taking a shot he just threw up a floater towards Gibson.

Stillman is what he is I suppose but yeesh. I don't understand why he's being played in favour of others.

Meyers had that monster hit which was nice but he always falls afterwards. Really wish he would make good use of his size more often. For someone who's a literal giant, he doesn't seem to put fear into his opponents.

Hughes is doing everything he can to help this team win. Honestly, it seems like sometimes he does too much because he knows he has to be the one driving the play. It often leads to defensive breakdowns because the people who are supposed to cover him simply fuck it up with bad decisions.

Bear I actually thought played well last night. Physical, able to make the break out pass. If he can improve his game during the course of this season, he may actually be a bit of a steal for us. I see some good potential in him.

6. The fourth line actually plays well for us. I have to admit, I was skeptical when they didn't re-sign our guys from last season but these guys have been a nice little surprise. Any time a fourth line can be physical as well as contribute offensively, you can't ask for anything more. We need it and they delivered.

7. Kuzmenko! Chants of KUUUUUUUUZ were loud in the building. When I first saw videos of him skating with local kids and during training camp, I could see that this is a real likeable guy. Such positive vibes from him almost all the time. It was a real privilege to see his first NHL hat trick in person. The whole bench was ecstatic for him. Great sight to see. Just seeing the look on his face as he soaked in the adoration of the crowd was amazing. I hope this guy sticks around with us!

Forgot to add, as great as last night was, let's be real for a second. The Ducks are a terrible team right now so we absolutely should have won. We also gave up 5 goals to a shitty team and couldn't kill penalties again. I don't count the one at the end because time ran out before the penalty did lol. This was great for their confidence and hopefully they can start to build up some momentum heading into other games.
Lol I think the Ducks were 0 fir their last 25 PPs coming into the game too.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2022, 08:29 PM   #840
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,923 Posts
Looks like the Bieska locker room pep talk is wearing off.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 08:55 PM   #841
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,085 Times in 1,190 Posts
Another multi-goal lead, blown…
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 09:00 PM   #842
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,873 Times in 903 Posts
Captain oh my captain
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 09:00 PM   #843

The Official 2022/2023 Canucks & NHL Thread

Shoot out loss.

Wow, Bo looked bad on his shoot out attempt.

Another third period meltdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2022, 10:53 PM   #844
MG1

Didn’t watch game……. Carnac The Magnificent says…………………… “Who was in net?”

I miss Johnny Carson and the Tonight Show. Evenings that I thought would never end……….

Old 11-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #845
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

well... that was about as bad as a first period as we could have had. Bo scores again but really, that just means we won't be able to afford him

and of COURSE Hamonic scores against us.
Spoiler!
Old 11-08-2022, 04:31 PM   #846
MG1

Not sure if whatshisnuts, the President of Hockey Operations, did the right thing. What does it accomplish?

No sugar coating, sure.

If the Canucks play like they are supposed to and win here and there, he's going to look good. If they start losing, he still looks good. The players are already getting it from the fans. Now management is up your ass. Who'd want to play here? Dude is old school tough guy. Beating your horse or kicking your dog is, imho, not a good way of getting results. Other teams in the NHL are like loving it.

Oh well............... I think whatsisnuts is not a good fit for this organization.

"Bruce, there it is......" as he points to the door.

He's protecting his own job.

Last edited by MG1; 11-08-2022 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:31 PM   #847
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,843 Times in 8,205 Posts
Shots 31:12

Tie game
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:09 PM   #848

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCK BOESER
Old 11-08-2022, 05:30 PM   #849

Old 11-08-2022, 05:37 PM   #850
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

we absolutely did not deserve that win lol. Full credit to Martin and Bo for leading the team tonight.
Spoiler!