REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #1451
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
SHIT ORGANIZATION SHIT MANAGEMENT SHIT PLAYERS SHIT FANS SHIT CITY

CANUCKS SO GOOD
Advertisement
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2023, 04:10 PM   #1452
I bringith the lowerballerith

Nothing wrong with Bruce. Canucks did well last year with him. Players skill doesn't disappear one year later. Who remember Green? How many coaches has the Canucks gone through? Sure bring in Tocchet and in a few years he will run out of town as well.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:10 PM   #1453
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,912 Times in 925 Posts
what happens if Bo gets traded before the All Star weekend? lol
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:52 PM   #1454
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
Nothing wrong with Bruce. Canucks did well last year with him. Players skill doesn't disappear one year later. Who remember Green? How many coaches has the Canucks gone through? Sure bring in Tocchet and in a few years he will run out of town as well.
I may be the odd man out on this. I'm glad BB didn't get a contract. Everyone's on his side now, but imagine a 3 yr contract. It shows last season was a 1 off and management knew that. If the team picked up where they left off, extension talks would've already rumbled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
what happens if Bo gets traded before the All Star weekend? lol
2nd player jersey I buy and he's on his way out. It'll be another 15 years before I buy another player jersey. Serves me right
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 04:54 PM   #1455
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,432 Times in 5,688 Posts
Who was your first
Old 01-20-2023, 04:57 PM   #1456

Ed Jovanoski. Lol
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2023, 05:21 PM   #1457
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
I may be the odd man out on this. I'm glad BB didn't get a contract. Everyone's on his side now, but imagine a 3 yr contract. It shows last season was a 1 off and management knew that. If the team picked up where they left off, extension talks would've already rumbled.
Well the issue is that we need a scapegoat. I don't think it's particularly on Bruce. I'm not sure if there's any coach that's capable of saving Canucks right now.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:14 PM   #1458
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
How come this mgmt didn't have the wisdom to do that for JT Miller and extended him with 1 yr to go?

I recall how the fan base was going goo goo gaa gaa over Miller (after a 100 pt season) and screamed sign him, sign him. But the mgmt was initially hesitant but they gave in and offered him the 7x$8M ...
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:23 PM   #1459
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,529 Times in 4,913 Posts
Fire the owner! Lol..............

Me thinks the players like BB. Get rid of him and the team is just going to fold up like a tent.

Are any of the players like a Linden or a Sedin? Players who loved playing here and made this city, home. Most of the players on this team probably just want to get the hell out of Dodge. The organization is not organized and nobody has loyalty to this messed up, poor excuse of an organization. Linden is probably thanking his lucky stars for leaving and not having to deal with the stupidity and fullshit.

Not that I give two shits............. hee hee.

Canucks so good, indeed.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:40 PM   #1460

I recall everyone screaming trade Miller cause he's hot commodity. Then he signs and everyone says good deal!! WWAAHH!! Coaches job is to get the best/motivate/fix players shortcomings. Yes, end of the day it still falls on the players shoulders but someone has to be responsible however it's also the coaches responsibility the team performs on the ice and to purely blame 1 player for the team not doing well is well, kind of shortsighted.
Old 01-20-2023, 06:56 PM   #1461
MG1

Stupid turnovers gonna kill this team.............correction: is killing this team. That's totally on the players. Mental errors. Can you practice not making stupid decisions? If so, then it's on the coaching staff.

BTW, Rutherford is a tool. Don't know why, but he reminds me of Biden.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:59 PM   #1462
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,931 Posts

I think you mean 'shameful' ... not shameless.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2023, 09:25 PM   #1463
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,871 Times in 8,226 Posts
Poor Bruce man.. Dude deserves better than to work for this shithole franchise anyway. This team sucks
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:09 PM   #1464
Banned (ABWS)?

damn... this made me a bit emotional.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2023, 12:00 AM   #1465
MG1

Man, that's hard to watch. The man is so passionate about hockey. No matter what happens, the canucks organization is rotten to the core. All the ceremonies and tributes are just for show. They don't give a rats ass about anybody except the bottom line. Nothing is going to change until the fans stop going to the games and sponsors pull out, which will never happen of course. Such a toxic environment. Thinking of all the teams that have won championships in their respective sport, they have one thing in common. Everybody from owner right down to the players and support staff are all on the same page. Don't think that's the case with this hockey club. They continue to hire the wrong people. People who look for blame instead of actually working with them towards a goal. Rutherford has so much hate. You can see it in his eyes. Since day one, he's been gunning for Boudreau. Anyway, it is what it is......................... so glad I don't waste money on them anymore. Losing games, I can handle. The bullshit......... not so much. /rant

Last edited by MG1; 01-21-2023 at 12:38 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2023, 12:53 AM   #1466
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,871 Times in 8,226 Posts
Knowing how much of just a sweetheart the guy is makes it so much worse, talking about how much his wife helps him deal with this shit. Remember him blushing red when his favourite wrestler showed up as a surprise and gave him a championship belt?

I tried giving the Canucks thing a go again after the run a couple years ago, but yeah.. nah, I don't have time to deal with trash teams like this. Win or lose I just can't get into it. I felt the first cracks when they lost Tanev, and it all kind of kept falling apart from there.

Also the team is toxic and I bet the reason why they overpay players so much is nobody wants to go there unless they do. They're the Browns of the NHL.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 07:34 AM   #1467
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,770 Times in 911 Posts
As a fan watching and supporting the Canucks for over 30 years this is the first season I have chosen to just ignore the team. It's a weird feeling looking at the score days after the game was over vs constantly reloading the score live. Even then I randomly come across the score most of the time. I think I've watched a total of maybe 60-90 minutes of hockey on TV. Heck I even contacted Shaw to ask what the penalty was to break my contract and remove cable the Canucks being the only reason I still have it. That's saying quite a bit because we've gone through some dark ass times as a franchise before. The worst is I don't believe we will find a way out of it for years to come.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2023, 07:52 AM   #1468
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,315 Times in 1,652 Posts
Really embarrassed and ashamed at how management has treated Bruce. Props to the fans for showing him love last night and hopefully tonight too. I'm still paying attention to results but haven't watched a game in weeks now. It's pointless. News about JR's press conference saying he wants to retool and not rebuild is really the last straw. If that happens, this team is doomed for many more years to come. I am simply unwilling to support this franchise financially with how things are.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:14 PM   #1469

Thanked 4,657 Times in 1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Fart is not from John Garrett.

Anyone that age cannot make that kind of a fart sound.

The car......... is it his for good? Or, is it like Tim Horton's, "Roll Up the Rim," prize where it's a one year lease, gulolol.
What do your farts sound like then?
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #1470
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Sig’d

Quote:
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2023, 01:20 PM   #1471
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
As a fan watching and supporting the Canucks for over 30 years this is the first season I have chosen to just ignore the team. It's a weird feeling looking at the score days after the game was over vs constantly reloading the score live. Even then I randomly come across the score most of the time. I think I've watched a total of maybe 60-90 minutes of hockey on TV. Heck I even contacted Shaw to ask what the penalty was to break my contract and remove cable the Canucks being the only reason I still have it. That's saying quite a bit because we've gone through some dark ass times as a franchise before. The worst is I don't believe we will find a way out of it for years to come.
I stopped paying for cable tv 2 years ago. I catch all the highlights on dtms.com now. I still make it an effort to spare 10 mins to watch them just to follow the games, but meh... there's no way I'm going to invest any more time to watch an actual game.

I remember it hit a nerve back in the days when Luongo was snubbed from that Heritage Classic game and being a fan has never been the same since that day.

The way this organization is handling this mess, this might be the final straw. JR and Allvin was a shakeup to turn things around, but I've lost all faith in them already, especially with JR's recent press conference.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2023, 01:33 PM   #1472

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
u guys are crazy. This is the most entertaining the Canucks have been in years
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2023, 06:08 PM   #1473
MG1

WTF? Fans had their signs supporting Boudreau confiscated?

Gotta dig into this deeper. Just heard the pregame show and they mentioned it.

Edit: Couldn't find anything except for what was said by Elliotte Friedman on Sportsnet.

I read a statement by Canucks organization somewhere along the lines of, "Signs are okay, as long as it's between plays (stoppage in play)."

Last edited by MG1; 01-21-2023 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:49 PM   #1474
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,203 Times in 2,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Really embarrassed and ashamed at how management has treated Bruce. Props to the fans for showing him love last night and hopefully tonight too. I'm still paying attention to results but haven't watched a game in weeks now. It's pointless. News about JR's press conference saying he wants to retool and not rebuild is really the last straw. If that happens, this team is doomed for many more years to come. I am simply unwilling to support this franchise financially with how things are.
Funny thing is, this team could actually retool, but u know, OEL and now JTs contract threw a spanner into those plans haha. I will say it again, a team right up to the cap shouldn't be swimming at the bottom of the league. its fucking embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
u guys are crazy. This is the most entertaining the Canucks have been in years
Now, imagine social media was around and popular during the Messier era!

Quote:
WTF? Fans had their signs supporting Boudreau confiscated?

Gotta dig into this deeper. Just heard the pregame show and they mentioned it.

Edit: Couldn't find anything except for what was said by Elliotte Friedman on Sportsnet.

I read a statement by Canucks organization somewhere along the lines of, "Signs are okay, as long as it's between plays (stoppage in play)."
The dude's sign was exceptionally larger than the rest. There's really not much more to this.

https://twitter.com/timandfriends/st...284896256?s=20
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 07:01 PM   #1475

Thanked 1,607 Times in 547 Posts
Went to the game last night, first in a long long time, and a few things I noticed since it's different in person vs TV is...

Bo creates excitement even if he can't put up the numbers, i can't believe he's the guy we can't keep.

Pettersson is amazing but needs a Bertuzzi.

Miller doesn't use his linemates at all, probably cause he thinks theyre chitty and he can do it all himself. He can't.

I don't understand why we wanted OEL so badly, he's not particularly amazing or special.

Boeser was invisible, needs a change of scenery.

Basically this team has no chemistry when I compare it to the Sedin era even though I think this team is more individually skilled. Total lack of teamwork and situational awareness, poor set plays and terrible defense.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote