REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:50 PM   #1001
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
I just checked the standings and wow I wasn't expecting us to be right in the mix for a wildcard spot with how the season started
I have paid no attention this year in all aspects and finally took a look at standings, stats etc after last night and to your point was shocked lol. Starting the season what was it like 8 games or something without a win and even after that still losing multi goal leads I thought we were bottom dwellers for sure. Didn't realize we've now won 5 of 6 or is or 6 of 7, basically 500 and Calgary and Edmonton both around our level in terms of record. Our top 6 scorers are averaging a point a game as well. Jason Robertson 2nd in the league and Dallas 1st wtf. Seattle 2nd in the Pacific what is going on lol.
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 11:04 PM   #1002
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/1...ation-doerrie/

Lol fuck she seems legitimately psychotic

Even in her claims it seems like she’s laying out exactly why she was terminated with cause..
Old 11-28-2022, 01:17 AM   #1003
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/1...ation-doerrie/

Lol fuck she seems legitimately psychotic

Even in her claims it seems like she’s laying out exactly why she was terminated with cause..
Reeks of the millennial entitlement and delusion that successes are fully attributed to themselves and nobody else's support or mentorship, while challenges and shortcomings are everybody else's fault but their own.

I've managed several of these types of people over the years and they are the worst.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2022, 07:19 AM   #1004
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
From article:
Doerrie says she reported to Emilie Castonguay, the assistant general manager for the team, who was hired a few months after Doerrie started.

So who hired her? Rutherford, Allvin? Damn, do your due diligence!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:24 AM   #1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I have paid no attention this year in all aspects and finally took a look at standings, stats etc after last night and to your point was shocked lol. Starting the season what was it like 8 games or something without a win and even after that still losing multi goal leads I thought we were bottom dwellers for sure. Didn't realize we've now won 5 of 6 or is or 6 of 7, basically 500 and Calgary and Edmonton both around our level in terms of record. Our top 6 scorers are averaging a point a game as well. Jason Robertson 2nd in the league and Dallas 1st wtf. Seattle 2nd in the Pacific what is going on lol.
It seems like Canucks is stuck in mediocre purgatory. Sure, they are 3-4 pts away from a wildcard spot but they are also 4-5 pts away from being like Arizona bad.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:33 AM   #1006
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,451 Times in 5,113 Posts
So this crazy ass Rachel girl is blaming her sex for her being fired and saying the Canucks are discriminatory even though she reported to a female manager?

Huh?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:48 AM   #1007

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
So this crazy ass Rachel girl is blaming her sex for her being fired and saying the Canucks are discriminatory even though she reported to a female manager?

Huh?
Nope, this Rachel girl is suing the Canucks for firing her from her job because she claims that they discriminated against her on the basis of her gender and mental illness. She claims that the Canucks know about her diagnosis of PTSD during her job interview with management.

These are the key points that I read from the article in this thread:

The article was written by her friend, Patrick Johnston. Johnston had texted Doerrie statements made by Canucks head coach Bruce Boudreau, complimenting Doerrie’s abilities.

When Doerrie said this to Castonguay, the document alleges that Castonguay responded saying, “You’re not important enough to be cared about,” and “no one in the media is your friend.”

“Castonguay told Ms. Doerrie: ‘I dont know if you have what it takes to do the job, mentally,” the document added.

Doerrie claims the comment about her mental well-being was related to her long-standing diagnosis with a mental illness.

Doerrie was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) in 2018, with associated panic and anxiety attacks and depression. She also lives with the heart condition vasovagal syncope and a leaky heart valve.

Before being hired by the Canucks, Doerrie says she “disclosed her mental and physical disability to them in the interview process, including details of ‘triggers’ and how her illness presented themselves.”

After the conversation with Castonguay, the document says Doerrie’s conditions were triggered

In other words, this Rachel girl is claiming that Castonguay's comments about her "mental ability" to do the job triggered PTSD.

Hmm, that is a far stretch of a claim for this Rachel girl to say that Castonguay's words triggered PTSD to happen again for her IMO.

I am not a psychiatrist, a mental health medical professional. It does sound, however, like the big burden of proof is on Rachel to prove that Castonguay discriminated against her based on her "mental well being" AND that the assistant GM's comments triggered PTSD in her again.

The Canucks are arguing that this Rachel girl disclosed confidential information about her promotion to her friend in the media. She violated privacy rules.

Last edited by pastarocket; 11-28-2022 at 07:56 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 08:32 AM   #1008
Performance Moderator

I have a hard time believing Emilie even said those things at all.

Especially if she knew about this girls headspace.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:30 AM   #1009
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Im glad that it Castonguay that fired her, at the very least we dont have to see her play the im a female card thats why i got fired. Im really hoping they bury this girl.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2022, 09:50 AM   #1010
My homepage has been set to RS

vasovagal syncope is not really a heart condition...

This girl seems to be leaning on every possible item - depression, anxiety, PTSD, heart conditions, etc. Shit, I have depression and it is no joke, but I don't use it as a crutch and want special treatment. Who the hell discriminates for drops in blood pressure? She sounds like she needs to mature and become an adult.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #1011

Doerrie went on Global National and there is a clip of an interview with her.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:19 PM   #1012
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Sounds like she violated the terms of her contract, was given a talking to, decided to make a stink about it, and organization decided they didn't want to deal with this shit and let her go. now she's twisting words and trying to frame things a certain way to get sympathy/support from the social justice warriors.

It was already previously rumored early in the season that she was the leak of personnel info, so this honestly doesn't look well for her. i'm sure there's way more to the story with this media friend.

The downfall of super smart people sometimes is that they think they can play everyone and win.

bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2022, 11:20 PM   #1013
Need to Seek Professional Help

As a hiring manager, this will likely follow her through her post-hockey career. Yes, hockey is a male-dominated profession and I can understand why someone may have a chip on their shoulder, but there's also a shadow side to that chip. I'm sure she will find a lot of support online but in the real world, people will be hesitant to hire her unless it's a position with limited contact and/or on a short contract. She's obviously talented, but there's a point where fit > talent, particularly in a team environment.

The situation reminds me of the hot girl meme, where someone somewhere is tired of her shit.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:48 PM   #1014

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
As a hiring manager, this will likely follow her through her post-hockey career. Yes, hockey is a male-dominated profession and I can understand why someone may have a chip on their shoulder, but there's also a shadow side to that chip. I'm sure she will find a lot of support online but in the real world, people will be hesitant to hire her unless it's a position with limited contact and/or on a short contract. She's obviously talented, but there's a point where fit > talent, particularly in a team environment.

The situation reminds me of the hot girl meme, where someone somewhere is tired of her shit.
Yeah, no matter how talented sometimes the history and risk of drama and bullshit, and toxic entitlement is simply not worth it.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:21 AM   #1015

how is it obvious that she is talented?

what is obvious to me is that someone in the Canucks GM level (Allvin or Rutherford) is inept in hiring.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:02 AM   #1016
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
It seems like Canucks is stuck in mediocre purgatory. Sure, they are 3-4 pts away from a wildcard spot but they are also 4-5 pts away from being like Arizona bad.
Totally agree and it drives me mad. I rather we just be shitty instead of constantly being a capped out team that tries to compete for the wild card and missing. Sadly some more years of this I'm sure.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:22 AM   #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
how is it obvious that she is talented?

what is obvious to me is that someone in the Canucks GM level (Allvin or Rutherford) is inept in hiring.
Exactly, what makes her soo talented? Whats on her resume that makes it speak for itself? She was let go by New Jersey and look how well they r doing now(i know very unfair)

Shes really paving the way for young people, young girls to never get hired in theses types of positions in the future.

Judging by IG posts, facebook comments, twitter, no one believes her and shes gonna be the next Amber Heard.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 10:25 AM   #1018
My homepage has been set to RS

She was hired by the Devils at 21 with little to no experience. She is what, 25 now? I still didn't know much at that age. Like many Gen Z'ers she is entitled and wants everything right away.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 12:07 PM   #1019

So i listened to the donnie n dhali interview and what i got out of it is, she basically has a problem with EC, she had nothing but positive things to say about everyone in management and the coaching staff aside from EC. Cause of her mental health she required some i guess "special treatment" to help her cope with it, she brought that up when she was hired that they agreed to and she was entilted to but never got. Its no secret shes an outspoken person but she was told to "stay in line" which she doesnt agree with. She wants to speak her mind, and i guess not stay in her lane. She doesnt want to be silenced, in a hockey culture where its the norm to be silent. It does make alil bit of sense unless shes telling higher level employees how do to there jobs when shes basically a low level employee, comes off as entilted

The last thing she said got me. She basically said that the work environment wasnt changing for her which is why doesnt want to go back unless it changes.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:29 PM   #1020
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
You can’t work for a sports organization and be basically a leak to media sources, especially when you’re brand new. I don’t care what team or owner you’re working for, that wouldn’t fly anywhere at any level
Old 11-29-2022, 12:54 PM   #1021

100% agree. Apparently she had a meeting about it which she also says in her interview, and that she wouldn't do thst anymore. But when they moved her to a different position, she made a complaint against EC, i guess management knew she was just gonna be a problem for years to come and fired her.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:23 PM   #1022
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

How ironic she claims the organization was blind to her mental health when it was the Canucks who started Hockey Talks.
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:10 PM   #1023
Performance Moderator

Well... BELL is the sponsor for Let's Talk... and they've got an absolutely horrible track record for human rights and employee wellness issues... so it doesn't always mean much.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 03:14 PM   #1024
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
Martin in net tonight. Looks like he's stolen the job from Demko for now
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #1025

Oh my ... another example of parody !!

WSH's record is 9-11-3