REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-16-2022, 08:00 PM   #51
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post
They're the #2 Mazda dealer in Canada for Sales Volume. The GM is gunning for #1 in Canada.

I actually bought my first car brand new from there in 2012 but have never stepped foot there since. My partner bought her CX-30 from Destination but only because I personally know a few people there. The Sales team at Destination are fantastic. The Service team wasn't when they had a particular Service Manager in power... I believe there are different people in charge there now.

I agree with Traum though.. regardless of who you buy from, you're hopefully getting the exact car you want at the price you wanted. Of course good customer service is expected. Aside from that, after-sales service can be done anywhere. Years ago, I heard Wolfe was the best for after-sales but I don't know what the word on the street is today.
Spoiler!
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:08 PM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
Spoiler!
Yes

Last edited by k3mps; 07-16-2022 at 08:15 PM.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 09:28 PM   #53
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

LOL!

What bad experience(s) did you have with him?

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-17-2022, 10:14 PM   #54

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
I won't share anecdotes from personal and industry friends because they aren't my experiences.

My partner did however bring in her at the time new car because of paint bubbling I had found. I did not go with her but she told me that because it was a paint defect, she dealt directly with him (as he was the SM) and had a very condescending and "creepy" conversation with him.

What really bothered me was that he added a line on the RO along the lines of "Advised customer that if Mazda Canada denies warranty repair, customer is NOT to contact (franchise) Mazda or Mazda Canada again regarding covering this imperfection". I sent that to the Sales team who said "ya... no we would repair that ourselves then", lol.

I was not impressed by this nor is it something we would ever advocate any of our advisors, for any of our stores, to put on an RO....
It ended up being covered because it was so blatantly obvious but ya, rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I'm being sensitive.

Last edited by k3mps; 07-17-2022 at 10:23 PM.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2022, 11:49 AM   #55
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

[QUOTE=AzNightmare;9068592]lol, this random review...

Speaking of random reviews, I was scrolling through their Google reviews and many 5 star ones are from random users with only 1 reviews....

Some recent 5 star ones are either bumped up or updated as the owner replied them 1 year ago already
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:33 AM   #56
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post
I won't share anecdotes from personal and industry friends because they aren't my experiences.

My partner did however bring in her at the time new car because of paint bubbling I had found. I did not go with her but she told me that because it was a paint defect, she dealt directly with him (as he was the SM) and had a very condescending and "creepy" conversation with him.

What really bothered me was that he added a line on the RO along the lines of "Advised customer that if Mazda Canada denies warranty repair, customer is NOT to contact (franchise) Mazda or Mazda Canada again regarding covering this imperfection". I sent that to the Sales team who said "ya... no we would repair that ourselves then", lol.

I was not impressed by this nor is it something we would ever advocate any of our advisors, for any of our stores, to put on an RO....
It ended up being covered because it was so blatantly obvious but ya, rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I'm being sensitive.
LOL. I'm sorry your partner had to go through that. I briefly worked with him at some point in my career and know a few personal friends who have worked with him as well, what I experienced and what I've heard is about in line with your own experience

Quote:
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-21-2022, 10:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
Mans grossed my friend's mum by like 8k.
Somehow they worked the numbers and boosted the lease residual value by 8k as well?
Former Vancouver Kia mans be running the show there
Copied and pasted from 1 of the recent Google reviews:

I purchased a CX30 at the store on May 27th. I have to say the whole shopping process was terrible, full of deceit and misleading. After the mandatory purchase of partial loss, VIP package, and lifeline, I finally bought the car; they said it was compulsory; when I got home, I checked the relevant information online and found that neither the law nor the dealer policy is mandatory to buy these products. So I returned to the store to ask, and after 1 hour of communication, the partial loss was waived, and I agreed to return $200 in cash, which was marked on the purchase agreement. When I was notified to pick up the check today, my $200 cashback was rejected on the grounds that it was not initialed. I highly DO NOT recommend buying any vehicles from this store; both sales and financial representatives are using deceit and inducement to close the deal. But Mazda is really a car that is easy to use and drive, and I suggest you seek help from other dealerships if you have any basic level of English; if you have to buy a car in this shop, it is recommended to compare the prices of other dealerships and pay attention to each document the legitimacy of and do not trust any verbal promises. I take responsibility for the integrity of the above events and I am happy to share information about the above events with anyone.
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Just make sure to tell them where they can shove their 'VIP' plan.

I purchased a CX30 at the store on May 27th. I have to say the whole shopping process was terrible, full of deceit and misleading. After the mandatory purchase of partial loss, VIP package, and lifeline, I finally bought the car; they said it was compulsory; when I got home, I checked the relevant information online and found that neither the law nor the dealer policy is mandatory to buy these products. So I returned to the store to ask, and after 1 hour of communication, the partial loss was waived, and I agreed to return $200 in cash, which was marked on the purchase agreement. When I was notified to pick up the check today, my $200 cashback was rejected on the grounds that it was not initialed. I highly DO NOT recommend buying any vehicles from this store; both sales and financial representatives are using deceit and inducement to close the deal. But Mazda is really a car that is easy to use and drive, and I suggest you seek help from other dealerships if you have any basic level of English; if you have to buy a car in this shop, it is recommended to compare the prices of other dealerships and pay attention to each document the legitimacy of and do not trust any verbal promises. I take responsibility for the integrity of the above events and I am happy to share information about the above events with anyone.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:37 AM   #59
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
I actually bought something from Mazda Richmond! It was a great experience too. Though this was 7 years ago

Paid $3000 cash (to the fleet manager)
I took the car home

The only annoying thing was they gave me the car with the fuel needle solid on the E. I was then told the nearest gas station was a Super Save.

Ended up sweatingly making it to the Chevron at Bridgeport and No. 5.

I wonder if it's the same fleet manager.

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:19 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I actually bought something from Mazda Richmond! It was a great experience too. Though this was 7 years ago

Paid $3000 cash (to the fleet manager)
I took the car home

The only annoying thing was they gave me the car with the fuel needle solid on the E. I was then told the nearest gas station was a Super Save.

Ended up sweatingly making it to the Chevron at Bridgeport and No. 5.

I wonder if it's the same fleet manager.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:08 AM   #61
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Looks like the onslaught of 1star reviews have been removed, I wonder how that works

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 01:22 PM   #62
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Looks like the onslaught of 1star reviews have been removed, I wonder how that works
A lot of them are still there if you scroll down enough.

But they been probably throwing everyone a free Starbucks/gas giftcard as long as you give them a 5* rating, regardless if you purchased a car there or not. Just to dilute all their ratings back up.

You can see most of the recent 5* reviews are all from people that gave only one or less than 5 reviews before.

Then you also have almost half of them where the person only reviewed recently but the owner commented a year ago...
Quote:
Frank Zhang
1 review
a week agoNEW
Response from the owner 11 months ago
Thank you for the great rating Frank.
Quote:
Tiffany Tsang
2 weeks agoNEW
Response from the owner a year ago
Thank you for the great rating Tiffany.
Quote:
Jill
3 reviews
2 weeks agoNEW
Thank you for the great rating.
Quote:
Hans M Gerhards
2 reviews
3 weeks agoNEW
Response from the owner 11 months ago
Thank you for the great rating Hans.
Quote:
Dave McArthur
1 review
3 weeks agoNEW
Great service
Quote:
Hsiang-ning Sunnie Wang
2 reviews
3 weeks agoNEW
David was SUPER friendly and professional. He clearly explain the procedure and what parts of my car need to be replaced and WHY. He also left me some options to choose. Thank you, David!
Quote:
Lei Zhang
Local Guide·24 reviews·923 photos
3 weeks agoNEW
Response from the owner 2 years ago
and so on....
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #63
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Probably cheaper to buy reviews online, some dude in India hashing out 1500 robot reviews for 89.95$

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:15 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
A lot of them are still there if you scroll down enough.

But they been probably throwing everyone a free Starbucks/gas giftcard as long as you give them a 5* rating, regardless if you purchased a car there or not. Just to dilute all their ratings back up.

You can see most of the recent 5* reviews are all from people that gave only one or less than 5 reviews before.

Then you also have almost half of them where the person only reviewed recently but the owner commented a year ago...

and so on....
This is the owner when he sees the 5 star reviews
Old 08-04-2022, 11:45 AM   #65
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Wait how does that work. Might be dumb question but the review is NEW but the owner response is 11 months old?
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #66
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Likely the review was made 11 months ago, owner replied, and the review was changed recently.

Most likely the reviewer knows the owner, and the owner asked them to do so.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:18 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Likely the review was made 11 months ago, owner replied, and the review was changed recently.

Most likely the reviewer knows the owner, and the owner asked them to do so.
I noticed this also
Old 08-14-2022, 12:10 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Probably cheaper to buy reviews online, some dude in India hashing out 1500 robot reviews for 89.95$
wow didn't know about this for Google reviews

I only know that for YouTube, there is people from India selling 1000 subscribers for $80 USD
Old 08-15-2022, 08:03 AM   #69
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Used to work for signature mazda before the recession, was a lube tech and parts driver. They laid off all non white staff, and even kept the just newly hired nephew (as parts driver) of one of the parts managers who's the son-in-law of one of the service guys who's related to the service manage who is also related to the parts manager. Basically, if your related to someone hire up, you kept your job.

Even the brown assistant parts manager, who'd been there for 13ish years got laid off and a Japanese dude i know who worked for them for 6 years as a service advisor.

I was only there for 2 years.
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:10 AM   #70
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Wow, nepotism much? Then again, if this is a family owned business and they had to make difficult decisions, well...

Sorry about your situation. Hope you landed back on your feet and moved on.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-15-2022, 08:28 AM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Wait how does that work. Might be dumb question but the review is NEW but the owner response is 11 months old?
If the customer updates the review, it will show as "new", but the owner's reply could be from the original review from 12 months ago etc. One Google Account = One Google Review on the listing.

This is why.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:36 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
Used to work for signature mazda before the recession, was a lube tech and parts driver. They laid off all non white staff, and even kept the just newly hired nephew (as parts driver) of one of the parts managers who's the son-in-law of one of the service guys who's related to the service manage who is also related to the parts manager. Basically, if your related to someone hire up, you kept your job.

Even the brown assistant parts manager, who'd been there for 13ish years got laid off and a Japanese dude i know who worked for them for 6 years as a service advisor.

I was only there for 2 years.
can we conclude and say the GM/owner is a piece of work/xxxx ?
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2022, 03:10 PM   #73
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
Damn.. hit 3,000 Google reviews - more than a popular fried chicken joint.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #74
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Wow, nepotism much? Then again, if this is a family owned business and they had to make difficult decisions, well...

Sorry about your situation. Hope you landed back on your feet and moved on.
Took some time, and went through two career changes after that but took advantage of the real estate during the recession and it's finally paying off!
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2022, 10:49 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
Took some time, and went through two career changes after that but took advantage of the real estate during the recession and it's finally paying off!
nice to hear you are doing better than before !
This post thanked by: