REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   2023 Corvette Z06 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/717608-2023-corvette-z06.html)

Badhobz 10-03-2022 09:28 AM

2023 Corvette Z06

Holy crap!!!!!!!

5.5L of NA v8 goodness. flat plane crank, 8600RPM redline. sounds INSANE

twitchyzero 10-03-2022 10:15 AM

would be floored to do a factory delivery

replacement tires are gonna be like 5k+ and might not even be fun on a tight track like vimc

donk. 10-03-2022 10:37 AM

Anyone else think they butchered the c8 by making it look like a Camaro from the rear

The Producer 10-03-2022 10:59 AM

2023 Corvette Z06

the whole car is ugly AF. part ferrari, part Michael Bay

but it's performance is undeniable.

my neighbour just picked up a 2019 C7 Z06 w every option you can think of.

It's spectacular. A real muscle car - not a euro supercar rip off. Does it perform as well? I'm sure it's not even close, but for him anyways - that wasn't the point.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c0ce3552d2.jpg

nessus 10-03-2022 11:29 AM

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...=ng:webp/ngcb2

A 90k USD markup, yakes

Badhobz 10-03-2022 11:38 AM

agreed the old c7 looks better. This c8 isnt the best looker but my god the engine sounds UTTERLY EXOTIC. more ferrari than ferrari nowadays.

JDMDreams 10-03-2022 03:18 PM

No care unless I can buy at MSRP

Traum 10-03-2022 05:17 PM

Serious (but still hypothetic) question -- if you have the means to do so, and the car can be purchased at MSRP, would you do it with your own money? (You're not allowed to flip it for profit or anything.)

As sexy as that engine noise sounds, I have a hard time trusting GM enough on a high performance vehicle like this. I dunno very many people from the Corvette Club, but among the amateur motorsports circle that I interact with, I personally know at least 3 -- if not more -- Corvette owners who have had catastrophic engine failures when they track their Corvettes, not to mention minor little issues. Some were covered under warranty and some were not, but the odds don't really seem all that appealing to me.

Yes, I know people who have blown Miata, Honda, and BRZ engines too, and of course I also know Corvette owners who have happily beat on their Vettes without issues. But the frequency of failure just seems a bit higher than I would be comfortable with...

supafamous 10-03-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 9077572)
Serious (but still hypothetic) question -- if you have the means to do so, and the car can be purchased at MSRP, would you do it with your own money? (You're not allowed to flip it for profit or anything.)

Any car in this price range has performance that vastly exceeds my current and potential talent level on a track so if I could only spend this kind of money for one car I'd get the one that also makes me feel like a million bucks on local roads as well and the Corvette is just too damn ugly both inside and out. I think I'd almost be embarrassed to be seen with it in some cases (The C7 is much more attractive). The reliability aspect on track probably doesn't ever affect me though - I have no ability to push a car like that till it blows.

FWIW, last week I put a deposit down for a Boxster GTS 4.0 so I've made my call on how to spend close to this kind of money (now I have to actually find the money if I get an allocation).

trollface 10-03-2022 06:38 PM

I put a $500 deposit down on a Veyron

teggy604 10-03-2022 06:49 PM

I can see the customer buy one of these. Go for a spirit drive on S2S hwy. Get pulled over by police, because some Karen didn't enjoy a v8 singing a song. Or worst get your car impounded for going 40km/h over which is super easy when you mash the skinny pedal.

JDMDreams 10-03-2022 06:59 PM

This is the actual corvette I would consider buying. I actually specced one on the site a few weeks ago and it was only $85000. Remember when the gtr was supposed to be the everyday man's Ferrari beater and now they are $200k? :okay:

Also this doesn't make me feel like a boomer in shorts and new balance when I look at it. I actually like the design and interior doesn't look like plastic crap inside. Used c63s sells for this money. Sounds like a hell of a deal for a v8 drop top mid engine car. Aren't golf r and type r close to $60k now a days. And I will trust this over a turbo BMW anyday.

Aren't ls motors supposedly cheap American work horses? Not sure about the c8 motors. But since it's na there's less shit to break.

Badhobz 10-03-2022 08:06 PM

if i actually gave 2 shits about performance and trackability id for sure buy one. but im not one of those guys who tracks cars, and thats why i have no intention of getting anything remotely hardcore. at 100k this thing is a downright bargain for people who track.

Traum 10-03-2022 08:55 PM

First of all, congrats on putting the deposit down for that BGTS 4.0! You already know you'll enjoy the car. Hopefully it'll come soon enough within 12 - 24 months. In the mean time, keep staring at that options list and agonize over what you'd want to add to your build LOL~

I'd also say that you shouldn't count yourself short on how much potential you have with your driving! For the most part, I think most car enthusiasts have the capacity to drive a sports car at a brisk enough pace on track to thoroughly enjoy themselves. Usually, most novice drivers I coach at Mission can do exactly just that over the course of 1 - 3 track days (that isn't spread over too long of a break). And then if you keep going at it, they'll be able to comfortably squeeze a good amount of what their cars are capable of.

Hope to see you in the BGTS on track soon enough~! (Maybe or maybe not at Mission, even though I still think it is a fun and easily accessible track.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by supafamous (Post 9077575)
Any car in this price range has performance that vastly exceeds my current and potential talent level on a track so if I could only spend this kind of money for one car I'd get the one that also makes me feel like a million bucks on local roads as well and the Corvette is just damn ugly both inside and out. I think I'd almost be embarrassed to be seen with it in some cases (The C7 is much more attractive). The reliability aspect on track probably doesn't ever affect me though - I have no ability to push a car like that till it blows.

FWIW, last week I put a deposit down for a Boxster GTS 4.0 so I've made my call on how to spend close to this kind of money (now I have to actually find the money if I get an allocation).

donk. 10-03-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teggy604 (Post 9077579)
I can see the customer buy one of these. Go for a spirit drive on S2S hwy. Get pulled over by police, because some Karen didn't enjoy a v8 singing a song. Or worst get your car impounded for going 40km/h over which is super easy when you mash the skinny pedal.

Can confirm, Corvettes in general are a red flag on the road....
I only had mine for 4 months, an 07, got pulled over 3 times, that was a record for me.....

As someone else said on this forum years ago, having a car with that kind of power is almost "not fun" to drive in the city.
Spoiler!

Your in first gear, and your already at 60kmh by feathering the gas :fullofwin:

Anyone that has a chance to own a supercar, do it. Do it. Do. It.
Make sure to post pics for all the plebs on this forum :okay:

EvoFire 10-03-2022 09:25 PM

Watched both videos, sounds utterly amazing.

I don't like the looks though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMDreams (Post 9077581)
This is the actual corvette I would consider buying. I actually specced one on the site a few weeks ago and it was only $85000. Remember when the gtr was supposed to be the everyday man's Ferrari beater and now they are $200k? :okay:

Also this doesn't make me feel like a boomer in shorts and new balance when I look at it. I actually like the design and interior doesn't look like plastic crap inside. Used c63s sells for this money. Sounds like a hell of a deal for a v8 drop top mid engine car. Aren't golf r and type r close to $60k now a days. And I will trust this over a turbo BMW anyday.

Aren't ls motors supposedly cheap American work horses? Not sure about the c8 motors. But since it's na there's less shit to break.

You aren't speccing a Z06 then.

dark0821 10-03-2022 10:11 PM

No question, that sound...

Badhobz took the words out of my mouth. After wathcing the vids, before looking at the comments, I told my wife the same words "damn, this sounds more Ferrari than the current Ferraris"

Unfortunately I also fall under that if I have the money, I would not buy category. To sound like a broken record, the looks just doenst do it at all for me. I agree 100% the C7 looked way way way better.

I am getting old though, I am 100% in the GT3 Touring camp, I dont want the big wing and outlandish crazy aero. I still want the "crazy aero" but very subtly that only the people in the know will know. Otherwise I just want to blend the GT3 in the sea of 911...

Haha I make it sound like I have 550K to drop on a GT3 (not the RS, just the GT3), Porsche vancouver has another "used" 992 GT3 asking 399K + taxes and fees

Now.... talk me out of trying to find a manual 360 Modena, are those still the sweet spot in term of reliability, maintenance, insurance and sound? (one again, I am dreaming of actually being able to afford one)

Badhobz 10-04-2022 07:18 AM

a lot of people, like my wife, wouldn't spend 100k+ on a brand that doesn't have the clout to carry that 100k price tag.

people dont care if it performs like a dream, sounds like god singing, or rev's to 8600rpm. its a chevy... a 100k chevy. at 100k it better be at least german, or near exotic.

twitchyzero 10-04-2022 07:30 AM

that’s what makes it even more appealing

surprised reviewers find the zr1 1le more hardcore

Badhobz 10-04-2022 07:35 AM

i think its only for us crazy motherfuckers.
its like if you buy a nautica shirt for 1000 dollars. or if you were buy a kirkland jacket for 1000 bucks that doesnt have a dead dinosaur logo on the breast.

Traum 10-04-2022 09:07 AM

I actually love the front end of the C8. But I can't get over how big, ugly, and seemingly unnecessary its butt is. And most important of all, it doesn't seem to offer the same degree of track use reliability that I need / expect out of a car that I would use, and that is the deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I'd love to have one in my garage. Whether GM has the "clout" to sell a $100k car is irrelevant to me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 9077599)
a lot of people, like my wife, wouldn't spend 100k+ on a brand that doesn't have the clout to carry that 100k price tag.

people dont care if it performs like a dream, sounds like god singing, or rev's to 8600rpm. its a chevy... a 100k chevy. at 100k it better be at least german, or near exotic.

Dbone 10-04-2022 09:21 AM

I agree, the front looks good, but the last third of the car looks just wrong... and obviously they had to do that so it could still hold golf clubs.

Corvette is known enough in NA to carry a six digit price tag. It's a multi-Le Mans (GT) winner, and has a history that goes back generations.

Still... buying it in that red makes it seem like you really wanted a Ferrari but had to settle for something domestic.

trollface 10-04-2022 09:29 AM

You get Ferarri performance with none of the maintence price tag, let's be real.

You can actually not feel guilty flogging this thing.

JDMDreams 10-04-2022 09:35 AM

^^ more than you can afford pal Ferrari.:lawl::awwyeah:

If you have Ferrari money you're not gonna buy a Corvette. This is for poor working men. :okay:

Hondaracer 10-04-2022 09:54 AM

Spending 100k on a Porsche that’s barely a Porsche, or you spend 100k for a vette that outperforms exotics quadruple the price lol

Really depends on what you’re looking for. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a C8 Z06 If they could be had at retail. It’s no different than a viper etc. you know what you’re getting. This will pretty clearly be some of the top quality GM has ever put into a car with the bespoke engine, finishings, etc. you’ll always have the detractors of a domestic super car but it’s hard to argue with the performance

Personally I think the C8 looks great