REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-17-2023, 08:05 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Turo review and more

Turo

Planned a 5 day trip to LA with 3 buddies and wanted to rent something different than what the car rental places offered. Did some research on Turo and found out via reddit that LA Auto spot was a good host to rent one via Turo. They have 5 locations across the US. The LA location has over 140 cars including a Civic type R. Rented a Maserati Levante sport for $600 cad taxes and insurance with a $3000 deductible for 5 days.

Got to the airport. Used the shuttle to get to the taxi and app ride parking lot. Got an Uber XL to LA auto spot. Cost $30. Pick up was easy. Showed them My ID and they handed me the keys. The SUV was clean and pretty nice inside.

Drop off was super easy. Filled the SUV back up and then parked the car in the designated drop off spot and left the keys in the car with the window open. Uber cost us $25 to get back to the airport.

Bonus LA Auto Spot is near Crenshaw Blvd.

10/10 would recommend.
https://turo.com/us/en/drivers/1347938

Hoonigan

After Ken Blocks death we had to visit Hoonigan. It was a pretty somber experience. They had a memorial outside. Bought a bunch of merch at the store and left.

Peterson museum

It was awesome. Had all the hot new hyper cars including the Rimac Nevera. The Tesla exhibit had the cyber truck. It looks way way better in person than the pictures. This thing will drop all jaws when it hits the streets. You could pull up in any car and this would get way more looks. The exhibit also had the sledge hammer and ball bearing that broke the window.
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2023, 11:16 AM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
i rented from turo on my last trip in sfo as well.

person came to my hotel and dropped off the car. took a picture of my license and handed me the keys. same with return, he just came to pickup the car from the hotel.

didn't need to deal with the rental company shitty customer service and their bs insurance stuff.

Rent a SQ5 for about $300 for the 3 days i was there. rental company wanted $400+ for a ford escape
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:41 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I rented from Turo last summer in LA

Good Exp. with the Host.
Way easier and cheaper than traditional car rental company.
I paid extra and picked up & dropped off at LAX.

I rented a Corolla Hybird for my 4 days trip with wife & kids. Gas Price was record high. Best decision ever
Old 01-18-2023, 11:43 AM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Did you guys go for the Turo insurance? Does CC rental insurance cover you for Turo?
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:05 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I took a day-trip to LA for the auto show and almost rented their CT4-V Blackwing for $180 USD, but decided against it since I was only driving between the airport, convention center, and Petersen.

I'll give them a shot next time when I'm staying a few days in LA.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:41 PM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Did you guys go for the Turo insurance? Does CC rental insurance cover you for Turo?
I just came back from Hawaii and rented from Turo.

CC insurance does not cover Turo as it does not recognize it as a rental company. I spoke to ICBC and they confirmed that APV281 rental policy covers Turo vehicles and is $10/ day.

One thing to keep in mind when you pick up the car is to take as many photos as you can of the vehicle exterior and interior when you check in on the app and check out. There are many horror stories of hosts scamming people for damages that had already existed.

This was my first time using it and it went pretty smoothly.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 02:14 PM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,725 Times in 893 Posts
How is the review on the maz? The levante is growing on me and depreciation is making it very tempting
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote