REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-02-2023, 07:16 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

$2,033 Five year replacement insurance policy - worth it?

We just bought a 2024 Subaru Crosstrek from the dealer today (ordered in June). Besides the regular ICBC insurance we also bought from the broker a $2,033 Motomaxx Stratford Insurance 5 year new vehicle replacement policy with coverage for our car that if it was written off by ICBC they would pay us in the next 5 years the difference between the depreciated value that ICBC would pay us and new replacement value of our Crosstrek.

I have traditionally never purchased extra optional insurance like this and I am now having second thoughts on buying this policy. It can happen of course but the odds of writing off this vehicle in the next 5 years has to be pretty low. I also noticed when I got home that there was a $400 referral fee included on the $2,033 total insurance fee. There is no loan on the vehicle and we have 30 days from today to cancel the policy and get a full $2,033 refund. What is everyone’s opinion on buying optional replacement insurance coverage?
Advertisement
spacemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 07:45 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
With any insurance it's a negative EV play!

Just decide if that's something you want.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 07:47 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
can be canceled within 30days

shop around, can probably get something for around 800

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:05 AM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
They wouldn't be selling it if the odds were in your favour, that said I was always against pet insurance and that's come to bite me in the ass so bad the last few years so don't listen to me lol.

When I bought my wife a new car a few months ago I did not get this insurance, like you I didn't have a loan either so I took that into consideration as I was willing to take the risk should the worst case scenario happen.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 08:54 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
https://www.icbc.com/insurance/produ...rotection.aspx

I'd get this - or at least crunch the numbers before your 30 days is up

in 2010 I wrote off my 3 year old Mazda3. Shitty Mazda depreciation I would have been lucky to get 12k for it. ICBC stroked me a cheque for the 25k price I paid for it (minus tax)

If you qualify for this policy (you do) it's definitely worth considering.

(note: I'm speaking from a 13 year old experience, things may have changed)
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote