REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Euro Tech Resources

Euro Tech Resources All Euros (VW, BMW, Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

2006 Audi TT Door Lock problems **SOS**

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Audi TT Quattro that was recently broken into the broke my driver side lock and I have taken it in for Repair to the Audi Burrard service centre in Vancouver Canada, it has been a frustrating process to say the least I have been stuck without a car for over three months.

The part is not made from OEM anymore, and the dealership will not source the part for me, they provided the part number so I have had to go out and find it on my own, although I found the product but I am told it won’t work as there is a slight difference in the product they need as you will see in the photo even though it is the part number they gave me, I guess there is slight differences.

I am wondering if anybody in the community or any mechanics taking a look at this have any recommendations of what to do, or where to find this exact part, or how to get it working. The dealership has made no progress and is not being helpful with a resolution. Hopefully the power of the community can help me out. Thanks guys

image: https://ibb.co/sRkKrw7
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2023, 03:55 PM   #2
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Might be time to start calling junk yards, and look for your exact car thats in parts section on craigslist. Ebay, used car part websites, etc are also an option.

If noone else is moving the ball forward, then your on your own.

I would also see if you can swap the internals of those two part, but those are low odds.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
Old 11-22-2023, 04:11 PM   #3
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Also, take your new lock + old lock to a locksmith. Those guys can sometimes repair parts, or even provide suggestions.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2023, 09:08 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Check row52 and car-part.com to see what wreckers have that gen of TT. Have you taken the damaged one to a locksmith? If it's just the internals that are damaged they might be able to repair it. It looks like the passenger door lock is more readily available so if nothing else a locksmith might be able to use parts from a passenger lock to repair yours?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
Closed Thread