REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-10-2024, 11:38 AM   #751
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post

We did a thang
Congrats! How do you like it so far?
Advertisement
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 11:41 AM   #752
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,038 Times in 4,523 Posts
I stand corrected. Guy I know replied saying the external tracks are on his own dime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
The other option is to find a hot young girlfriend so you're suddenly motivated to get into shape.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 12:18 PM   #753
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Congrats! How do you like it so far?
I burn less gas?

They put brand new P Zero Neros on the car, partly made my decision to buy the car. Turns out I hate the tires already The tires flat spot if you park it for over a week, which is how long it sat from when I test drove it until I picked it up yesterday. The 21" wheels make the car very darty and jerky on the highway. Not that I wanted the 21" steamrollers to begin with but can't be too picky with used cars. We missed out on the Dravit Gray one at BJ used already.

It has almost every single option for the X5, only thing that I can find that it doesn't have is the full leather interior, which would have covered the bottom of the dashboard with Tartufo as well instead of black. First 45e I found that had Bowers and Wilkins optioned.

I'm not a fan of black cars, but at least this is Carbon Black which is black with blue flakes. I am looking into getting either PPF or just ceramic coated.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 12:20 PM   #754
RS Veteran

You need to wrap it. White
Quote:
The other option is to find a hot young girlfriend so you're suddenly motivated to get into shape.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 12:35 PM   #755
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

With the M-sport package are you able to fit a set of wheels that are not staggered? Not a fan of the X5’s massive 315 rears
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:08 PM   #756
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Bought a '98 Civic

Came with:
- k24 w/k20 head
- 6spd with LSD
- Ktuned ecu
- Basic coil overs and suspension/bracing
- lots more

Plans:
- prep for track
- do a bunch of laps

Took it for a drive yesterday, hitting 9grand before banging a shift is fucking great.

Rich

Last edited by Vancouver240sx; 06-10-2024 at 01:14 PM.
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:25 PM   #757
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
So awesome, and the swap looks super clean too!

Look forward to seeing you on track again, Rich!
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 01:37 PM   #758
RS Veteran

This is so awesome. I can only dream of a K-series engine swap into my R53 Mini.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 01:38 PM   #759
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,849 Times in 969 Posts
I think that's the one up for like $9000? I was eyeing that. Damn RS ballers, I can only afford pick up in Surrey
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:46 PM   #760
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,598 Times in 3,459 Posts
Dats one epic rice box. Need more vtec stickers though
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 01:59 PM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
With the M-sport package are you able to fit a set of wheels that are not staggered? Not a fan of the X5’s massive 315 rears
I'm not sure, will need to look into it. I assume a square setup should work, shouldn't be pigeonholed into a stagger winter setup.
Old 06-10-2024, 02:02 PM   #762

^did you guys get the crystal shifter knob package ? If not I’ll take away your wife’s shanghainese card
Old 06-10-2024, 02:19 PM   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^did you guys get the crystal shifter knob package ? If not I’ll take away your wife’s shanghainese card
Yes it came with the car, no we didn't want it. It's so tacky and ugly.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2024, 03:05 PM   #764

Oh come on. She loves it….. Secretly.
Old 06-10-2024, 10:19 PM   #765
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:

I'm not a fan of black cars, but at least this is Carbon Black which is black with blue flakes. I am looking into getting either PPF or just ceramic coated.
congrats!!
you'll either grow to love it or regret having it with every wash lol will you be doing a full ppf or just partial
red kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 11:44 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by red kryptonite View Post
congrats!!
you'll either grow to love it or regret having it with every wash lol will you be doing a full ppf or just partial
I want to do a full PPF because I want to be lazy with upkeep, but I don't know if I can stomach the price of full PPF on a large car like an X5. To get a quality job where I know it will be done properly is closing in on 10k.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:45 AM   #767

10k?!! You might as well get those colored ppf / thick ass wrap like mine if it’s 10k

My wrap has held up extremely well. It’s been two years and I got no complaints. It saved me a few rock dings already
Old 06-11-2024, 07:53 AM   #768

I'm not a fan of coloured wraps, much prefer paint. The guy said he'll work with me to see if we can get a package that works for me but I think I'm leaning towards just getting the thing properly detailed and doing ceramic coat.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 08:27 AM   #769
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
I'm not a fan of coloured wraps, much prefer paint. The guy said he'll work with me to see if we can get a package that works for me but I think I'm leaning towards just getting the thing properly detailed and doing ceramic coat.
IMO, unless you're driving a lot and a lot of that driving is on shitty roads a good ceramic coat is enough as you'll just not get enough rock chips to justify the PPF. That or your car is north of $100k.

My coating is now over 4 years old and is still doing great with fairly minimal upkeep - it spent about half its life parked outside as well. The ROI on it ($2k job) has been great.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 08:30 AM   #770
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
Came with:
- k24 w/k20 head
- 6spd with LSD
- Ktuned ecu
- Basic coil overs and suspension/bracing
- lots more

Plans:
- prep for track
- do a bunch of laps

Took it for a drive yesterday, hitting 9grand before banging a shift is fucking great.

Rich
Nice, I had an EK that I k-swapped too... which mounts did they use? HASport? What steering rack? I used the EG rack but it still kind of sucked for steering feel. I sold the car for $7500 and had a looooooooooooong list of people messaging me about it. That was before the swap got so expensive though.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:06 AM   #771
all work and no play

Quote:
Which dealer? I would love to do a ED on a Cayenne SE, but a friend just bought one and it was 189MSRP he said. That's way out of my budget right now, plus my wife would refuse to drive it.
Porsche Seattle North. Have been living down here for five years.
fuzebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:12 AM   #772
all work and no play

Quote:
Originally Posted by red kryptonite View Post
congrats!
what exactually is included in a ED, and is everything out of pocket?
Ehhhh I didn't have the best experience and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

It's a $1500 option for starters. I chose to do Stuttgart as the date I was given was January 22nd, so I chose Zuffenhausen over Leipzig and planned a snowboarding trip in Switzerland instead of the usual track day shit. All I've ever wanted to do my whole life is see the factory in Stuttgart where they build 911s.

Everything is out of pocket, apart from the very mediocre hotel they will put you up in for up to 2 nights. I had to pay 400 euros to rent a set of snow tires.

The actual "experience" is pretty underwhelming, basically a sales guy shows you how to pair your phone and adjust your seat and walks you through the features, much like taking delivery at your local dealership. We flew in the night before, and then had to be at Porsche at 7:30am, so we were pretty exhausted and feeling the jet lag. The day they gave us was a Monday, and most stuff in that town (including our hotel restaurant) is closed Sundays and Mondays. Stuttgart is a blue collar industrial shithole and we ended up having to eat Burger King for dinner.

The factory I've been waiting my whole life to visit was closed on our scheduled day, so we were given a tour of the Sondermunsch (special wishes division) where we could see them applying stripes and graphics to GT cars. Maybe cool for some people but not really my thing.

After that you get a complimentary lunch in the corporate dining room which was actually excellent (choice of two tasting menus and wine pairing).

The real downside is, after that day Porsche consideres your vehicle delivered, and then it goes through like a third party logistics company for transport, your point of contact is PCNA in Atlanta versus your dealer, and it took them 4 months to get the vehicle to Seattle. It was basically missing in europe for 2 of those months. It was also damaged in transport and the roof needed to be repainted.

Driving a decent car in Europe is a fun experience though, I don't know if I'll be able to rent a Fiat 500 or Skoda Octavia again.
fuzebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:22 AM   #773
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,406 Times in 5,469 Posts
Wow that sounds pretty miserable on an expectations vs reality scale
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 09:41 AM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzebox View Post
Ehhhh I didn't have the best experience and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

It's a $1500 option for starters. I chose to do Stuttgart as the date I was given was January 22nd, so I chose Zuffenhausen over Leipzig and planned a snowboarding trip in Switzerland instead of the usual track day shit. All I've ever wanted to do my whole life is see the factory in Stuttgart where they build 911s.

Everything is out of pocket, apart from the very mediocre hotel they will put you up in for up to 2 nights. I had to pay 400 euros to rent a set of snow tires.

The actual "experience" is pretty underwhelming, basically a sales guy shows you how to pair your phone and adjust your seat and walks you through the features, much like taking delivery at your local dealership. We flew in the night before, and then had to be at Porsche at 7:30am, so we were pretty exhausted and feeling the jet lag. The day they gave us was a Monday, and most stuff in that town (including our hotel restaurant) is closed Sundays and Mondays. Stuttgart is a blue collar industrial shithole and we ended up having to eat Burger King for dinner.

The factory I've been waiting my whole life to visit was closed on our scheduled day, so we were given a tour of the Sondermunsch (special wishes division) where we could see them applying stripes and graphics to GT cars. Maybe cool for some people but not really my thing.

After that you get a complimentary lunch in the corporate dining room which was actually excellent (choice of two tasting menus and wine pairing).

The real downside is, after that day Porsche consideres your vehicle delivered, and then it goes through like a third party logistics company for transport, your point of contact is PCNA in Atlanta versus your dealer, and it took them 4 months to get the vehicle to Seattle. It was basically missing in europe for 2 of those months. It was also damaged in transport and the roof needed to be repainted.

Driving a decent car in Europe is a fun experience though, I don't know if I'll be able to rent a Fiat 500 or Skoda Octavia again.
Wow that was so different from my BMW experience as I felt like we were treated like VIPs. We gave them the day and time we preferred to be picking up the car (Sept 11 morning) and they set us up with a 10am appointment. The delivery process as you said is the same as here where they walk through all the car's functions. They highlight the differences that we have to deal with while in Europe because the car is NA spec and they need to override certain functions such as Nav for it to work.

Typically we are supposed to do the museum tour on delivery day, but when we approached the reception 2 days early, they gave us tickets to the museum for which we were grateful. We did the factory tour on delivery day.

Our point of contact was BMWNA and they had customer service reps specifically to deal with us. We knew we wanted to drop off in Nice, BMWNA knew, but the Welt called the dropoff company's branch in Nice to make sure our appointment was set.

We did arrive 3 days before pickup so we can experience Munich because we really didn't need the car when we were staying in Munich.

The car took 12 weeks to arrive in Vancouver. It would have been faster if we were in the East Coast (8-9 weeks probably) as it was dropped off in Halifax and trained over with their regular cars.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We had such a great time that we are planning to do another one. That's the whole reason we are eyeing Porsches brand new as they are the only one left doing ED except for Volvo, and we aren't interested in Volvo. ED in Canada is also a zero cost option it seems, at least in the configurator it was.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2024, 09:59 AM   #775
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,818 Times in 3,332 Posts
Saw that EK listing too.

nice pick up. solid deal!

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: