REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 AM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
you forgot #4) get failed countless times

that goes for you too
Don't worry bro, I've been brought up well, do the door for old men and help grannies cross the road thing. I've also personally stopped two armed robberies at knifepoint by not being a pussy and letting a crackhead looking victim get stabbed to death. Even though others may have considered a crackhead a lesser life form.

Absolutely I could have yielded, and would have, IF HE DID NOT SWEAR ME OFF AND CALL ME A SLUR. That shook off his moral highground in the dispute. I retained it and settled in for a battle of attrition. I motioned for him to yield as I approached. Look at the diagram, I have nowhere else to go! He flipped me off then sic'd his wife on me to yell, then came out himself to continue the abuse.
Advertisement

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Offer different means of figuring it out other than the dice.
Examples: foot race, flip a coin, arm wrestle, push up contest, who can throw a rock the furthest, tic tac toe, hangman.
Posted via RS Mobile
At least i offered a truce.

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.

Last edited by Valour; 05-31-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 AM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
what the shit lol, depends where i am im obviously not going to do this near my house and what the opposed party is doing.
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:37 AM   #29
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
1. u obviously had too much time on ur hands to waste
2. this could've easily been prevented if u just reverse back out and let him go first, but noooooo u had to be a tough guy and just sit there
3. ur not in a deadlock if u can reverse out
4. no u do not have the right of way, technically he is going straight while u r turning
5. ur the big guy and hes the small guy, what if the other guy was actually a drug dealer carrying a gun, or a big black guy? i bet u would fucking reverse the fuck out of there at light speed

FUCKING FAIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
1. u obviously had too much time on ur hands to waste
2. this could've easily been prevented if u just reverse back out and let him go first, but noooooo u had to be a tough guy and just sit there
3. ur not in a deadlock if u can reverse out
4. no u do not have the right of way, technically he is going straight while u r turning
5. ur the big guy and hes the small guy, what if the other guy was actually a drug dealer carrying a gun, or a big black guy? i bet u would fucking reverse the fuck out of there at light speed

FUCKING FAIL
My turn was completed and I was on bearing straight ahead. Also, due to the position of the parked car I am unable to see his approach.

It's not that I was the bigger guy. It's that I'm the smarter guy. I know my rights and when you have the gift of intelligence, it is sometimes worthwhile to exercise your wit and put it to practice. Any monkey can whimper and scramble off, but a man stakes his ground and wins his contests!

If a big black guy or drug dealer wanted a fight, I'd give them one. In this situation I had weighed the costs and clearly figured that I win, even if it was a battle of attrition. Know your enemy know yourself, one hundred battles one hundred victories!

It may seem like peanuts to you, but you know what else is the size of a peanut? your anus. and when somebody wants to fuck u up your anus, I shall fight.

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"

Last edited by Valour; 05-31-2010 at 02:53 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2010, 04:52 AM   #31
smk
bye bye REVscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
that's a man in woman clothing
smk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

congrats to op. you didn't get beaten up, shot or your car vandalized.

But, I still have to fail you. Don't care if you are right or wrong. I just hate people causing traffic jams.

Another fail for op because you escalated and made the problem worse.

3rd fail for you because you thought it was a good idea to post this on revscene.

And finally, and additional fail for the op because after reading all the comments and having time to reflect, you still think you are right.

I hope I never meet you in person or on the road.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:07 AM   #33

Not only do i think I'm right. I AM right! I got vindicated later on by poe poe. So counter fail to you. Buddy, listen, have a sense of humour and just enjoy the lighter side of things. But i don't think i'll waste the precious fail button on you. Just let it be a lesson to urself!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #34
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
wow you sat in your car your being a douche at least be man enough to get out and confront him anyone can sit in their car being all hardcore...get out of your car and talk to him or just move your car and get on with your life
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #35

I did get out of my car to talk to him. i also offered a solution. he told me to fuck off. If I get in your face and tell you to fuck off, would u sit there and take it like a cunt? from your response sounds like you would...

Look haters gonna hate. Why don't u guys think of some more imaginitive responses? Have some fun with this scenario.

Last edited by Valour; 05-31-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #36
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

so what happened in the end?

and why is everyone bashing op? It takes 2 hands to clap.
he is obviously not in a rush to go anywhere... and i'd think pissing off rude people is better entertainment than sitting in front of a TV anyway.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 AM   #37
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
if he got in my face and told me to fuck off no i wouldnt sit there and take it i would wait for him to move his car after he woke up
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #38

exactly. The mitigating factor here is that HE escalated the dispute by swearing and slurring me and also by outright being rude and impudent right off the bat. If he approached calmly and explained competently why he couldn't yield to the large parking spot on his right, I would have graciously expedited a solution.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:25 AM   #39
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

the other person is your buddy/friend?
mugentsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #40
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I like this. It's good to see douchebags getting douched on by people who can douche them right back.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugentsx View Post
the other person is your buddy/friend?
In the pic? No that dude is their relative from the house in background. They all came out and goaded them on, encouraging them to not back down.

I dunno, but i prefer not to shit in my own backyard. Rules of war, pick your battleground. I think the fact that my opponent knows my house/friends house is a vulnerability.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
I had to give props to OP on his decision. Sometimes you just gotta step up for youself and dont back down.

If he can reverse like many suggested here, why not the other guy reserve and stop causing trouble ?

It's a 2 way things, since neither of them wants to back down then the show shall go on.
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
so what happened in the end?

and why is everyone bashing op? It takes 2 hands to clap.
he is obviously not in a rush to go anywhere... and i'd think pissing off rude people is better entertainment than sitting in front of a TV anyway.
x2

If I had the time to waste, this would be a funny way to waste it.

The usual polite thing to do in these encounters is the car that can yield into a parking spot does so the other car can pass. I haven't met anyone that hasn't done this, now I'm hoping I do so I can post a similar thread!
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 AM   #44
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

great use of your saturday
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
great use of your saturday
This was done on sunday. Saturday I had a topless poker tourney, followed by a stripper accompanied dinner at coast, and then followed by 16 strippers at a condo penthouse till 4am with duo girl on giril interactive audience show. and lots of booze, boobs and pubes. No pics allowed due to mama san request.

When I get home I'll post a body shot from one of their FB pages.

Last edited by Valour; 06-02-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #46
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
This was done on sunday. Saturday I had a topless poker tourney, followed by a stripper accompanied dinner at coast, and then followed by 16 strippers at a condo penthouse till 4am with duo girl on giril interactive audience show. and lots of booze, boobs and pubes. No pics allowed due to mama san request.
LOL, after such a fun night you still have energy for bullshit like this ?

did you get any?
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
LOL, after such a fun night you still have energy for bullshit like this ?

did you get any?
I should start a new thread on this! haha i don't want to respond cuz my "moral" highground is my selling point in this dispute! lol

Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #48
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
i had to double check the url, i thought i accidently clicked on Sun Tzu's Art of War homepage..
Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #49
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
this is rediculous
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
i had to double check to url, i thought i accidently clicked on Sun Tzu's Art of War homepage..
It's a great 101 for strategy. Read Three Kingdoms after Sun Tzu and it's like case studies on how to apply the strategies. Both in warfare and in debates. Then practice all that shit by playing poker for a couple years and u'll be this crazy ass no back down fighting machine!

Last edited by Valour; 05-31-2010 at 09:46 AM.