REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 01-05-2004, 07:43 PM   #4226
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

so hows business ryan? im glad to see your doing something you like to do... so i have to pay for your help now? hehe
Advertisement
Enraged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:03 AM   #4227
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally posted by Enraged
so hows business ryan? im glad to see your doing something you like to do... so i have to pay for your help now? hehe

well so far is to cold to do any thign brrrrrrrrrr

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #4228
I bringith the lowerballerith

It's fucken crazy down here. I just got home Sunday night from up island. Can't believe how much snow there is. I coudn't even see my car when I got home it's almost buried. at least 5 inches on the back. IT's snowing like mad here now too, but college is closed WOOT!
islandsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #4229
HELP ME PLS!!!

wow, crapload of snow here too, must be nuts up island

ryan you bastard you cant advertise in your signature
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #4230
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by lil wicks
NashMan said "any sliver mrk 3 did you ever find out your prob whith your car ."

yea i did and so i got a new engine but it is not runing yet because of my cold starter is brocken.
Whoa,
hey, who are you? Got any pics of your sup?

MKIII's... Cherish the moments between BHGs!
SilverMK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:36 PM   #4231

Yeah, it's pretty snowy here too. MY battery is dead, can't move my car. CAn't get into my car because the doors are iced and frozen. I forgot to cover it before I went home for Christmas. This morning there was about 8 inches of snow on the hood... over 15 inches in the backyard right now.
I can't imagine trying to drive my supra in this crap, and it's stock. I dunno what you were thinking Paradox!
Old 01-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #4232
HELP ME PLS!!!

my battery was almost dead when i fired up my car today, too, good thing i noticed it now, since i havent run it in awhile
Old 01-07-2004, 07:54 AM   #4233

i wounder when all the snow will be all gone and stuff

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)

Old 01-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #4234

looks like it will be clear by the weekend.... gotta wash my car now, so much road crap on it...
Old 01-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #4235

lol my car is like brown all over even the hood i think the cleanest part is the roof

Old 01-07-2004, 05:15 PM   #4236

haha

my cars been parked since saturday, so its not too bad. its covered in snow right now
Old 01-07-2004, 06:27 PM   #4237

not mine i love to drive in snow to much and the supra did very well

na's are harder to drive in the snow cause of there big power they give

turbo never see that day of all there power cause there is no load ot get the turbo to spool good

Old 01-07-2004, 06:39 PM   #4238

I am getting excited. I haven't driven my car since October, and am probably going to put insurance on it in Feb.
I first gotta change my clutch master and maybe slave cylinder. Hopefully the weather will turn around pretty soon so I can get started.
Just got a line of credit at the bank... I wanna buy car parts SOOO bad!!! But it's supposed to be for school. damn school!
Anyways, I am just excited to drive my car again in like a month.
I should have taken a picture before I cleaned it off today. There was a good foot of snow on my car, couldn't even see it!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:42 PM   #4239

have your car ready in july, we're makin videos this summer

on another note, i need to learn how to pour, my fucking paralyzer is curdling...

oh ya, and ryan, it must be your tires, becuase i had ZERO grip off idle... let the clutch out... it would spin the tires instead of stalling...
Old 01-08-2004, 09:18 AM   #4240

umm some want but i had tad of wietgh in the rear when the snow gets wetter that is the bad snow that you vnas get stuck in very easly

my trick to starting off int eh rear whel drive is reves to 1st to get you to rock you way out plus you drive on you olld track again and most of the tiem you are free and drive down the road just drive you car liek penglimb

Old 01-08-2004, 10:50 AM   #4241
HELP ME PLS!!!

uhmm what?
Old 01-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #4242

nothing

Old 01-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #4243
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Just bought a Turbo '87 Supra

Hey guys, i just bought a turbo '87 Supra, it needs some work, but once i get it done it will be on the road. It doesnt run right now due to some electrical issues. I need to try and find a ecu to engine wiring harness, otherwise for now i will have to hardwire it but i really dont want to do that. If anyone has got one or knows where i can get one for a decent price lemme know. Thanks... hope to talk to you all soon. I will let you know when its done.

Oh ya, and i also wanted to ask if one of you supra owners would be so kind as to explain exactly how to install a BOV on my supra. I hear so many different stories its not even funny. Also what type of BOV do you guys recommend? I want to buy one really bad but dont know which one. I also heard that unless you keep the stock bypass valve installed with the BOV the car will run too rich when you shift under boost and can cause backfiring or stalling???? Whats with this, is there any truth to it and is it still possible to install a BOV, if so how? Thanks guys...

Last edited by Slate 85GTS; 01-10-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Slate 85GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 04:45 PM   #4244

well frist off a bov does nothing but make neato noise and bosh bov is comon repaire if the stock vavle is torn

as for eletric whast wroung wiht yours i have re wired my car

if you really need any help i willing to help

but really i whoudl hold off buy ssq ro greddy unit cause exhuast is more fun for our cars that and a intake

Old 01-10-2004, 05:01 PM   #4245

Well i have the K&N Intake kit already, and i will be making my own 3" custom exhaust at work whenever i get the car running. I just need to know what type of BOV to get that works best and sounds best with these cars?? The electrical on my car has been spliced all to shit, the kid before me put in a used engine and tried to splice the wiring, hes already blown one ECU. So i just want to get a good used wiring harness and hook it up.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:53 PM   #4246

if you cant read Ryans (nashmans) writing, you'll learn eventually lol

anyways, like he said, if you want a stock replacement, get a Bosch valve. www.supras.com has a writeup about it. if you want an aftermarket one that will make some noise, there are several options, including HKS SSBOV, Blitz, Greddy, etc. Me, Ryan, and Murray (Paradox) all have the HKS SSBOV. i have a custom upper hardpipe, ryan currently has it jury-rigged until he makes himself some new hardpipes, and murray has (or is going to?) get a flange for it welded onto his Defcon hardpipes.

as for your 3" exhaust, buy a turbo outlet flange from www.jblmk3.com and build yourself a turbo-back exhaust, rather than just an turbo-elbow back. getting rid of the turbo elbow will give you some good gains in hp and spool. mine came to about $38 shipped to my door, nice lasercut 3/8" steel.

for your wiring harness problems, look on www.supraforums.com or www.supramania.com for people selling parts. Mike92LX (hes on both SF and SM) sells parts, hes a very trustworthy guy, so if you ask him, he might have the parts you need.

if you need mechanical help, Ryans good to talk to. his typing is horrible but hes a smart guy, hes helped me out numerous times. but be prepared to pay him in beer haha

and now i end my book...

oh ya, as of 5pm tomorrow, i wil be the proud new owner of an 88 Sprint. Three cylinders of FURY! haha the car is a riot, the exhaust consists of Crappy tire bends and a glasspack muffler run out to a sidepipe.... louder than my supra with open DP lol

Last edited by Enraged; 01-10-2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:37 PM   #4247

ya ei cna't spell well hehe

if wana me to help you with the wireing i bet i chouold figure it out as long as it not to bad just takes time and the wrost part is you have to get eh right harness or it will not work toyota changed the harness every dame year they made the supra

best thignto do it buy the toyota wireing book for the supra it helps alot and it is pretty easy to fallow for evey body well some what

but yae i here to help

Old 01-10-2004, 10:49 PM   #4248

Haha thanks for all the info guys, i will check out those sites on BOV write ups and stuff. Im not sure what im gonna do about the wiring harness yet, im still gonna try my luck at replacing it but im not sure how successful i will be in doing that just yet. Ive signed up as a member on supraforums (87TurboB). Im still curious though, what is this stuff im hearing about a BOV causing the supra to run rich under boost shifts? Is this just rumor? Ive seen it on other forums and also the guy i bought the supra from told me if you hook up a BOV you should keep the stock bypass valve on it as well?? Im confused... what do you guys know about this?
Old 01-10-2004, 10:59 PM   #4249

ok i some up the boost relife vavle best i can whit best spelling i can

ok every time you get full boost you let off the vavl will open under vac persure form your intake there for oping the vavle up now instead of the are going to the pout said it gets recycaled

aka the air it put back in has bean metered so whe you vent to open air you have let out meater air so the enigne for brif sec has no air to so you will run rich cause the air that was supost to be reclcyed has bean vented out

so what happens is you car will stutter or just die after high rev in less you pre rev it befor you hit to low of rpms

so that is why you play wiht the tention sprin on a open air bov so you don't vent out to much air at the same time

if this still is prob then you will have to bump your tps to keep teh butter fly form closeing fully so you don't stall

but you can have justt he bov in there just have ot learn not to get of fthe throotel at high boost or you car will die when coming to stop

another trick is to ajust your throttel liage cabel so it keeps the butter fly open tad longer so you don't stall out

agin i hope this helps and you cna read what i just typed down

if not just ask toby or muray to re wright cause they are good sports

Old 01-10-2004, 11:24 PM   #4250

Haha no worries Nashman, i understand fully! That makes total sense to me now, see im a mechanic but i just didnt know how it worked. Thanks for all the info once again, now that i understand the theory of the metered air and the bypass valve i can figure out some other way of tricking it into not stalling. My next thought is i wonder exactly which BOV to buy... ?? i know that you guys all seem to have the same one, but maybe i should try something different? i dunno yet lol... worth thinking about i suppose... post your thoughts