REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 11-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #2876
Banned By Establishment

Did anyone else hear if the corp350 plan as of today is now completely gone?
As in the only way you can keep this plan is by buying your next phones outright and going MTM.
Advertisement
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:46 PM   #2877
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I just did a hardware upgrade from retentions.
I got to keep my 6GB superplan and my credits, and upgraded to iphone 6 Plus, I wanted the 6S plus, but the deal was alot better for the 6plus. I got the 16gb as that doesn't really matter to me, but I got to keep my plan, which was at $60, plus credits which they extended, $50 bill credit, and the phone cost me $299.

Im happy with that, mainly just wanted to subsidize the phone, so works for me. Took about 3 calls an hour each.

MY REVSCENE FEEDBACK
jambo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #2878
My homepage has been set to RS

Nice work man.

feedback
iPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #2879
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Yeah, he got a great deal. I haven't heard of people being able to keep their old plan/credits($50-60 plans with 6GB) and being eligible for HUPs.
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #2880
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
I have the same/similar 6GB plan and I tried at the beginning of the year to HUP but they wouldnt let me keep my plan if i did. Been MTM since then. Maybe its worth another try now.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:20 PM   #2881
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Anyone know of any current promotions for 2 lines? I won't be buying a device through Rogers so that should save a little money off right off the bat. I have my line with bell which is $78/month and my mom's line with wind that's $44/month. Want to combine them both into one bill on a share plan. Share plan would work well for us because she uses next to nothing for data and I need about 5gb. Any suggestions?
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:45 AM   #2882
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Since your BYOD. Gonna be tough to get a deal from Rogers
Check out fido's plans.
They got 5 gig for $90 and 300mb plan for $35.
Ask them to put it all on one bill
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #2883
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Just got off the phones with retentions:
-$90/month ($100 - $10 credit) - 5 gigs, Unltd nationwide, unltd text, unltd day time, $312 Iphone 6s 16gb ($85 credit - $35 of which is my rogers points)

-$80/month ($90 - $10 credit) - same as above

*The $10 dollar monthly credit expires after 12 months*

Don't know if I am getting hosed or if I should jump on these offers?? I am finding it hard to justify going from paying $65/month up to $90. I definitely need a new phone as I am still rocking an Iphone 4. I know that tenure does not count for anything with Rogers (been with them for 13 years). Should I just pony up the cash and buy a second hand iPhone 5s off craigslist or settle for an iPhone 6 from rogers in order to pay less upfront? I tend to keep my phones for a loooooong time. Hence the reason for me wanting the latest iPhone 6s.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #2884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
-$90/month ($100 - $10 credit) - 5 gigs, Unltd nationwide, unltd text, unltd day time, $312 Iphone 6s 16gb ($85 credit - $35 of which is my rogers points)

Don't know if I am getting hosed or if I should jump on these offers?? I am finding it hard to justify going from paying $65/month up to $90. I definitely need a new phone as I am still rocking an Iphone 4. I know that tenure does not count for anything with Rogers (been with them for 13 years). Should I just pony up the cash and buy a second hand iPhone 5s off craigslist or settle for an iPhone 6 from rogers in order to pay less upfront? I tend to keep my phones for a loooooong time. Hence the reason for me wanting the latest iPhone 6s.
If you keep your phones for a long time, do the math.

Buying the phone on contract will cost an extra $25 per month will cost you $300/year. That's an extra $900 over a 3 year term plus the cost of buying the phone. If you plan on keeping your phone longer than 3 years, i'd just buy the phone outright as it will be far more cost effective long term.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #2885
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Believe me, i've done the math and I am aware it makes sense to just buy the phone outright. The problem is, I don't have over a $1000 to blow on a cell phone.

Looks like its time to start perusing craigslist for an Iphone 5s.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #2886
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Guys I'm in a predicament with rogers.

Loyal customer for 10 years. My 3-year contract expired last month and my bill used to $55 + tax and now it is $77+ tax and the rep apparently can't do anything except offer some bullshit $80+ share plan. My free caller ID expired as well so in 2015 I don't know who's calling me!

Is it possible to get free caller ID and a monthly credit still? I don't have any interest doing a hardware upgrade.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #2887
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
Guys I'm in a predicament with rogers.

Loyal customer for 10 years. My 3-year contract expired last month and my bill used to $55 + tax and now it is $77+ tax and the rep apparently can't do anything except offer some bullshit $80+ share plan. My free caller ID expired as well so in 2015 I don't know who's calling me!

Is it possible to get free caller ID and a monthly credit still? I don't have any interest doing a hardware upgrade.
Rogers is shit to deal with these days. Blame the whiners that wanted out of 3 yr plans. If providers have less time to get your money, all they have to do is jack up the price to make up for it.

Not to mention whenever you go for a HUP, your current plan is always "discontinued" so you're forced onto something more expensive that offers less.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:45 AM   #2888
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
it is always better to buyout a phone and stick to your month to month plan if you have something good. you save a ton of money long term.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:52 AM   #2889

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:

1. Do you actually use 80% or more of what your plan offers?
If no, think about a prepaid plan. With wifi everywhere now a days, these data plan is ripping people off. A study has shown that the majority of Canadians don't even use what they pay for.

2. Do you REALLY NEED the features on a 6 or 6s?
If you're using your phone for browsing, messaging, calling, videos, etc. you probably don't need a 6s. The cameras from 5 to 6s are minimal improvements. Most device from the last 4 generations are minimal upgrades each giving like .2 Ghz processor, 500 MB ram, etc.

Do the calculation and think smart with your money.
$25 x 24 = $600 + $312 for the device price.
Iphone 6s is a little over $1000 outright.
Iphone 5s is a $700.
Instead of paying that extra $25/month, throw $40 into a piggybank each month and extras/month and just suck it up with the 4s for now. You'll be surprised how fast time flies and you'll have $700 in that piggybank in no time.

I hear people paying $100 for plans and they barely even use more than 100 minutes a month or utilize all 6GB of their data. So many of my friends switch to prepaid talk + data because of Shaw wifi and public wifi are everywhere. The only time you'll get value IMO from these share everything plan is when you have 2+ lines and two or more people are paying for it.

I recently ditched my $60 grandfather 6gb plan and went with Koodo's prepaid plan. $15/month, bought 500 minutes for $25 that will last me the whole year probably since all I do is message, 1GB for $30 probably once every 3 months since I use wifi wherever I go. Koodo's minute and data rollover (no other provider rollover data as far as I know) as long as you renew your plan every month which is $15 for me.

If I buy a Note 4 outright for $800, I will only spend $1000 in a 2 year period. Since I haven't bought a Note 4 yet, I am $200 total in 2 years. If I renew my grandfather plan on a 2 year (which most likely they won't allow me to if I want a HUP), just the plan alone is already $1500 (not including the Note 4 device price).

Look through your phone bill and check your usage for the last 12 months. Pay for what you actually use and not get tempted by the perks and the mindset of just having 6GB or unlimited calling.

Lastly, be aware if you're buying off craiglist. If you're gonna spend $800 on a brand new 16gb 6s, why not just take the $200 hit and get it at a retail so you're 100% safe? I'll never buy off craiglist anymore since I've been a victim of blacklisting.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by mr_chin; 11-29-2015 at 06:57 AM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #2890

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Just got off the phone with Rogers. Ive been month to month for the last year paying $62 for 2GB which I continuously went over on, 500min, vm, call id ect.

My girlfriend and I have been pondering the thought of a shared plan.

I called Rogers, told him what I wanted and he said he couldn't touch it for the price that I expected so he passed me right through to retentions.

Ended up getting 9GB + 1GB free (black friday sale which was only up to 5gb plans but I argued)
unlimited nationwide calling, text, vm

Main line is $100/month with a $10 credit for the first 12 months = $90
Second line is $55/month with a $10 credit for $24 months = $45

So $135/month for the first 12 months, $145/month for the remaining 12.

Not a great deal, but to get 5GB alone on a plan is tough to do now a days.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #2891
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Got roughly the same plan for my parents.

10GB

$110 mainline w/ HUP ($90 as bring your own device) (Also after $15 credit)
$30 each line after that w/o HUP (After $10 credit)

Thing is my credits are both for 24 months. And yes it is a Share Everything Plus plan. Not bad at all...And if you do go with a HUP it is cheaper than buying a phone outright over the long term. Because youre paying $20 extra a month. thats $240 + tax over the year plus the cost of an iPhone 6S+ is $609. So $849+ tax essentially.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #2892

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Just got off the phone with Rogers. Ive been month to month for the last year paying $62 for 2GB which I continuously went over on, 500min, vm, call id ect.

I called Rogers, told him what I wanted and he said he couldn't touch it for the price that I expected so he passed me right through to retentions.

Ended up getting 9GB + 1GB free (black friday sale which was only up to 5gb plans but I argued)

you should have went with the koodoo plan.

- Unlimited Talk Canada-Wide
- Unlimited Global Texting
- Unlimited Canada-US MMS Picture Messaging
- Voicemail
- Caller-ID
- Call Waiting
- 5GB Data ($10/GB for overage)
- $48/Month ($54.25 w/ Tax)
Old 11-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #2893
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Believe me, i've done the math and I am aware it makes sense to just buy the phone outright. The problem is, I don't have over a $1000 to blow on a cell phone.

Looks like its time to start perusing craigslist for an Iphone 5s.
Got an unlock iphone 5s 32GB sitting around. Basically brand new condition as my old iphone 5s was having issue and apple replace it for me.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:36 PM   #2894
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post

- Voicemail
- Caller-ID
- Call Waiting
how would one get this plan?
Old 11-29-2015, 10:46 PM   #2895
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
1. Do you actually use 80% or more of what your plan offers?
If no, think about a prepaid plan. With wifi everywhere now a days, these data plan is ripping people off. A study has shown that the majority of Canadians don't even use what they pay for.

2. Do you REALLY NEED the features on a 6 or 6s?
If you're using your phone for browsing, messaging, calling, videos, etc. you probably don't need a 6s. The cameras from 5 to 6s are minimal improvements. Most device from the last 4 generations are minimal upgrades each giving like .2 Ghz processor, 500 MB ram, etc.

Do the calculation and think smart with your money.
$25 x 24 = $600 + $312 for the device price.
Iphone 6s is a little over $1000 outright.
Iphone 5s is a $700.
Instead of paying that extra $25/month, throw $40 into a piggybank each month and extras/month and just suck it up with the 4s for now. You'll be surprised how fast time flies and you'll have $700 in that piggybank in no time.

I hear people paying $100 for plans and they barely even use more than 100 minutes a month or utilize all 6GB of their data. So many of my friends switch to prepaid talk + data because of Shaw wifi and public wifi are everywhere. The only time you'll get value IMO from these share everything plan is when you have 2+ lines and two or more people are paying for it.

I recently ditched my $60 grandfather 6gb plan and went with Koodo's prepaid plan. $15/month, bought 500 minutes for $25 that will last me the whole year probably since all I do is message, 1GB for $30 probably once every 3 months since I use wifi wherever I go. Koodo's minute and data rollover (no other provider rollover data as far as I know) as long as you renew your plan every month which is $15 for me.

If I buy a Note 4 outright for $800, I will only spend $1000 in a 2 year period. Since I haven't bought a Note 4 yet, I am $200 total in 2 years. If I renew my grandfather plan on a 2 year (which most likely they won't allow me to if I want a HUP), just the plan alone is already $1500 (not including the Note 4 device price).

Look through your phone bill and check your usage for the last 12 months. Pay for what you actually use and not get tempted by the perks and the mindset of just having 6GB or unlimited calling.

Lastly, be aware if you're buying off craiglist. If you're gonna spend $800 on a brand new 16gb 6s, why not just take the $200 hit and get it at a retail so you're 100% safe? I'll never buy off craiglist anymore since I've been a victim of blacklisting.

Hope this helps.
I wouldn't call them little upgrades. Used my mom's iphone4 and compare to my iphone 5s it piss me off how slow the iphone 4 open apps and we are talking about stuff like what's app and wechat only. 512MB of RAM won't do it these days. Also most iphone 4 have been on the market for a few years now and battery life on these phones aren't the best. I know my mom iphone 4 barely made it through the day and she barely use her phone. With Iphone is usually every other gen you see big improvements. Iphone 4 VS iphone5 or Iphone 4s VS Iphone 5s. So upgrading from IP4 to IP5s you are going to see a big improvement.

Sure you might not use your data now but what about the future. Change of jobs, life or maybe you move or your jobs requires you to be away from the city where there isn't very good shaw wifi. Or you switch ISP? Shaw Wifi might be good if you are going to be in the same spot. Try driving or taking the skytrain. Shaw wifi won't connect very well when you are on the go. I try that shaw wifi didn't work out.

Cell phone providers aren't going to come up with better plans then when you had an awesome old plan. I would keep it as long as I can and buy my phone outright.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #2896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post

- Voicemail
- Caller-ID
- Call Waiting
Several co workers have Koodo and Wind. 80% of the time they have 0 reception at our work. I don't mind paying an extra $20ish a month knowing my phone is going to work.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:50 AM   #2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post

I should also add, we both did HUP.

I was able to get them to price match Bestbuy @ $79.99 for the iPhone 6 - 16gb instead of $99.99, and they gave me a $50 bill credit towards the second phone, so essentially I paid $110 for both phones.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #2898
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I go through almost 11gb of data a month and I dont go on any video steaming sites. Props to those who have 1 to 5 gb of data
Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #2899

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMme View Post
I go through almost 11gb of data a month and I dont go on any video steaming sites. Props to those who have 1 to 5 gb of data
streaming music and podcasts? lol
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #2900
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
my credits ended so now i m paying close to 80 bucks for my super 6 gig plan..

should i ditch it?

i was paying 52 with my credits just last month.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote