REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #2626
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I average 300 to 400MB per month. There are WiFi everywhere I go. However my package comes with 2GB of data and no way I am going to give it up =D
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #2627
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I know noob question... But how long does it take for Rogers to unlock my iPhone? Never unlocked a phone before
gloors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #2628
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I'm on 500mb too. Good enough for just regular mail read, light web surf, check facebook, check weather when I'm off wifi. But it's by no mean great.

I think retentions don't offer much anymore and they are a pain in the ass unless you really really haggle for hours. I'm with Bell and usually they just offer the standard 10% off for renewing contract and some further minor discount on voicemail and caller id stuffs.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #2629
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
tried retentions after my 3 year contract has just expired, decided to leave them when they can not offer anything good other than 10$ off a 80$ contract. Fuck off rogers.
I think that where the problem lies is that your plan expired.
If you are still on contract, then they will be more willing to offer you a better deal.
I started my negotiations with retentions when I had 6 months left on my contract. Then I ended up switching to the municipal plan instead.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #2630
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Not if they were forcing him to switch to an $80/month contract with a 500mb cap.

Seriously who the fuck can survive on 500mb of data per month?

This CEO is some new kind of retarded the world has never seen before
That's exactly why they want your money. If you look at data price trends its been actually going because of demand. Yes I agree there's wifi everywhere, but data is still going to be in demand because of the convenience of not logging in or finding it or connecting to it.

The reason they want you on the new share everything plan is because it offers "unlimited canada wide calling" and that's their sole point of boosting the price or "share" everything
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #2631
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
That's exactly why they want your money. If you look at data price trends its been actually going because of demand. Yes I agree there's wifi everywhere, but data is still going to be in demand because of the convenience of not logging in or finding it or connecting to it.

The reason they want you on the new share everything plan is because it offers "unlimited canada wide calling" and that's their sole point of boosting the price or "share" everything
Whatever their motive is, I see absolutely zero value in an $80 plan with 500mb of data.

Have any of you guys been voicing your opinion on this new HUP policy to Rogers? I've done so on Twitter and all they said was "Thanks for your feedback"

I really hope people start standing up for themselves and ditch Rogers so they're forced to slash prices. I'm sick of these assholes raising prices then saying any type of bullshit to make it justifiable.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #2632
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post

I really hope people start standing up for themselves and ditch THE MAJOR 3so they're forced to slash prices. I'm sick of these assholes raising prices then saying any type of bullshit to make it justifiable.
Fixed it for you. Is not only Rogers doing it, Telus and Bell is the same thing. You can try their sub companies Fido, Kodo, Virgin........ Or go with the smaller provider like Wind or Mobi. However keep in the mind with the smaller provider and the sub companies they don't have all the flaghship phones or every phone on contract.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #2633
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Fixed it for you. Is not only Rogers doing it, Telus and Bell is the same thing. You can try their sub companies Fido, Kodo, Virgin........ Or go with the smaller provider like Wind or Mobi. However keep in the mind with the smaller provider and the sub companies they don't have all the flaghship phones or every phone on contract.
True, but I think most people would be more willing to buy a phone outright than be locked into paying $80 per month for 2 years for a subpar plan. Just my opinion though.
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 06-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #2634
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
^ You are probably correct. My plan is currently $50 + tax per month (public sector plan). If i was forced to go $80 per month, thats $30 extra a month. One year is $360 more, and two years is $720. That is the same amount of money that you can use to buy a phone outright, and keep your current plan.

My current plan has 5GB of data, so it is totally more beneficial for me to outright buy my next phone. I am sure alot of folks here have a plan that has more than 500MB.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 AM   #2635

They introduced the $2 extra a month thing a while back. I think due to the uproar they decided to cancel their decision. The way they test waters to increase prices intrigue me, its like they want you to get angry and complain LOL

Maybe they want you to complain and then twist it around and introduce something else you didn't think of like the 2 yr pricing
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:06 AM   #2636
How I Mod your mother

Customers will ALWAYS complain when they get charged more and receive less
Quote:
Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #2637
I don't get it

rogers retentions called me today to see if i was happy with my plan

($60 unlimited call/picture msgs/txt, visual voicemail and caller id, and 3 gb data)

i said no, because i tend to go over my data by $10-$15 a month and i was going to move to telus as they are offering a better plan (which they werent lol)

agent says ok, well we will give you an exta 3 gb data for free per month until Jan 1st and then maybe they will be able to offer me a better plan at that time.
Cassijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #2638

So I renewed my contract Nov 2013 Black Friday for 60 buck plus taxes which is around 67.
I get this months bill and I see 86 bucks. I noticed they took away my 15 dollar discount without my consent..... I'm furious!!!
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #2639
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
So I renewed my contract Nov 2013 Black Friday for 60 buck plus taxes which is around 67.
I get this months bill and I see 86 bucks. I noticed they took away my 15 dollar discount without my consent..... I'm furious!!!
That's rough. Whenever I saw my credits on my bill, they always had an "end-date" associated with it. When I was still with Rogers, this meant calling before the contract was up to make sure it was renewed and the dates extended.

Perhaps that's what happened to you?
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #2640

Yah. I receive my bills by email. And didn't check the bill. But was curious this month as to why It was more expensive. It did say ends on May 8. But can they do that? Even thought I didn't agree to it
Old 07-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #2641
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Yah. I receive my bills by email. And didn't check the bill. But was curious this month as to why It was more expensive. It did say ends on May 8. But can they do that? Even thought I didn't agree to it
Well, they have it on paper that the credit they were giving you was expiring. You having re-up'd with them doesn't mean that they had to re-up your credits as well unless it was agreed upon during negotiations.

So technically, I don't see why they can't take it away from you on the agreed date (I say agreed because it was part of the contract you signed to use their services, whether you were aware of it or not). There's no harm in arguing with them saying that you were promised that the credits would remain. But with Rogers current stand with retentions and a lack of urgency to retain compared to years passed, you might be left with nothing but a more expensive bill.

This is a huge part of the reason why I left contracts to go month to month. The subsidied-phone you receive as compensation isn't worth it anymore.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #2642

yah. looking at cell phone plans these days. id rather buy them out.
im gonna call in and see if i can get that credit back.
ill keep you updated
Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #2643

so i called in earlier and they were unable to get me back the discount and saying it doesnt exist anymore. I receive my bills online and never really checked them. on the bill it gave me a 3 month notice to when it will expire. if i called in then i might have been able too keep it.
but this aint over. i will continue to call and negotiate.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #2644
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I've always been curious if the "Savings" on a bill is the same as a "Credit." I price matched a Fido promotion a couple years ago and only really now looked at what I'm paying for.

Talk Text & Internet 3GB* 75.00
Savings: Monthly Service Fee -20.00
Mini Voice Msg / Call Display* 8.00
Savings: Call Display & VM Mini Disc -8.00
Unltd Canadian Long Distance 10.00
LTE 3GB Data Service Plan 0.00

(Yes, not a good deal, but whatever. I'm happy enough with it). Anyway, since it doesn't state that they're credits, I shouldn't have to worry about when the contract ends, right? I plan on doing month to month after this, so my only real concern is that Rogers may try to say those savings expire.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #2645
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Depending on your opportunity cost? Is it really worth it to keep calling back? You know they do keep records on their end?

Go to Hofo, find a local dealer, find the best deal you can find and get it over with.

Quote:
so i called in earlier and they were unable to get me back the discount and saying it doesnt exist anymore. I receive my bills online and never really checked them. on the bill it gave me a 3 month notice to when it will expire. if i called in then i might have been able too keep it.
but this aint over. i will continue to call and negotiate.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #2646
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
quick question guys, i'm on the public sector plan. it has 5gb of data. i'm wondering if that data can be used nation wide or will there be roaming charges?

the wife is going to Toronto and wants to know.
thanks.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #2647
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Nationwide
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:51 AM   #2648
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Rogers profit drops to $405M as wireless growth slows

Rogers Communications Inc. has reported a lower second-quarter net income of $405 million, or 76 cents per diluted share, while the telecom company struggled to add more wireless customers.

Net profit was down 24 per cent from $532 million, or 93 cents, in the same quarter of 2013.

Toronto-based Rogers says its net additions of post-paid customers, those generally on smartphone contracts, was 38,000, down 60 per cent from 98,000 in the same quarter last year.

Revenues were flat year-over-year at $3.2 billion.

Adjusted net income, excluding items, was $432 million, or 84 cents, versus $497 million, or 96 cents, in the same quarter last year.

Analysts had expected adjusted net income of $448.4 million on earnings per share of 84 cents, according to data compiled by Thomson Reuters.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #2649
degenerate extraordinaire

That's some good news right there. Especially with the new greedy CEO.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #2650

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Anyone done HUP price matching at the store? How did the process go?

I went to do a HUP at the store price matching the S5 with london drugs $99. The guy said they will honor it. I got home, called customer service and they said there was no note on my account saying there was a price match.

For people wanting to price match HUP, do it through the phone with customer relation or anybody at rogers. That way you will have confirmation number and a note on your account.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote