REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #51
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
Sorry, I was out of province last year. The last coach I know of is Darwin. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.
Magnum's head coach is Brad Howie from Masters, and the assistant coaches are the Mui brothers, Klement and Kevin from Without Warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
You would need a VERY understanding girlfriend
I think the most understanding gf are prolly one that paddles as well lol

Quote:
Right now, my job is what's holding me back from committing to a team and more specifically, to FCRCC.
Arent you RCMP now or something?

Quote:
For someone like you though, sometimes its hard to believe a girlfriend wouldn't want their boyfriend to do something so grand, and trying to be the best you can be. Those kinda girls are selfish though so you're better off haha.
Plenty of fishes in the ocean brother..
Advertisement
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #52
I bringith the lowerballerith

Yeah, my job is 4 days on, 4 days off. I haven't had a vacation in 5 years due to paddling (travelling to race isn't really a vacation and I used my vacation time to race), so this year along with my break from paddling, I'm heading back to Thailand to visit my school and teachers and friends. Its been just about 10 years since I left.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #53
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:40 AM.
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:36 AM   #54

Quote:
How many people do Magnum have now? I noticed you guys are still recruiting. Alot of new paddlers?
Magnum has abt 23-26 paddlers but that number will be a lil bit less once the summer comes on full swing since some ppl has commitments to work/school.

new paddlers consists of abt 20-40%, as expected most seasons for most teams.

Quote:
Yeah, my job is 4 days on, 4 days off. I haven't had a vacation in 5 years due to paddling (travelling to race isn't really a vacation and I used my vacation time to race), so this year along with my break from paddling, I'm heading back to Thailand to visit my school and teachers and friends. Its been just about 10 years since I left.
U schooled in Thailand?
I thought I've met you before once or twice but i guess i might have been thinking of someone else.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 AM   #55

Quote:
Can I borrow your cf paddle sho (assuming you still have one) lol
Sorry, my collection of paddles are my precious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
U schooled in Thailand?
I thought I've met you before once or twice but i guess i might have been thinking of someone else.
For a year. And if you've been paddling since before October 2007, there is a very good chance you've seen me on the water.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #56

Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #57

Quote:
Sorry, my collection of paddles are my precious...

For a year. And if you've been paddling since before October 2007, there is a very good chance you've seen me on the water.
haha, i wouldnt lend anyone my paddle either, unless its an emergency race situation...even then, i'd think really hard abt it lol

Nah, i just started last season and I think the only times I've seen you was actually off the water..with ur gf at the time (which is your ex now i presume), Elaine something but i could be wrong haha

Quote:
That's a good sized team, RGL has about the same numbers. I hope I can get in for the races, it's going to be tough as a new paddler. I just have to go to every practice and improve as fast as I can
Dont worry man, I'm sure if you put in the hard work and attend the majority of the practices, you will stand out in the eyes of the coaches as someone who gives a damn and wont be sat out.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #58

Haha! Do I know you? Are you stalking me? Although, we haven't been together for nearly 2 years now... So I don't think it would have been me and her together that you would have seen in the past year.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #59

Old 05-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #60

Quote:
I'm surprised ppl from other teams aren't posting on here.
I would imagine that not a lot of DB'er goes on Revscene...at least they might not even check the sports forum part of it. I assume that you know abt the Dragon Boat West forum right?

Quote:
Haha! Do I know you? Are you stalking me? Although, we haven't been together for nearly 2 years now... So I don't think it would have been me and her together that you would have seen in the past year.
Yes, i am ur stalker, but dont tell anyone k, keep in on the down low...

LOL, no. I'm just blessed with an awesome memory haha j/k.
I doubt you remember me but the reason i remembered is coz you were sitting near me and you were probably the only white guy there lol
Its prolly 2 yrs or more now, hence i said off water meet. I was there through my friend Michelle (Hennesy lounge??). I talked to you and if memory serves me right, u used to work front desk at a hotel or something.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:31 AM   #61

Ah yes, I remember that fiasco of a night. There was $200+ worth of booze/food outstanding on the bill after everyone left that I covered, having not had any myself that night.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #62

If i m not wrong, didnt they have the booze on separate bills? in any case, it sucks ur friends shafted you man...I was there purely for dinner haha!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #63

Old 05-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #64

Nope. While you guys are out spending money, I'll be out making it.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #65

Quote:
Yeah, that's how I got into RGL. But usually a good majority of DB'ers and new paddlers are in the same demographic as those who visit RS. Maybe I'm wrong.

Two weeks till the FCRCC regatta, wonder how many teams there will be. Any of you two going to the FCRCC fundraiser?
I think a good portion would be those who frequent RS, but how many of that portion check out the sports forum section haha..

I never use to check out this section until i had to ask abt DB stuff..mainly just alot of lurking on vanc auto chat, off topic, buy sell, relationship, etc.

No i wont be either, I'll be out of the country.

Quote:
Nope. While you guys are out spending money, I'll be out making it.
lol, I've always liked the idea of the 4 days on, 4 days off work routine, gives u the "work hard, play hard" feeling i assume. besides, working 10 hour shift aint that much difference from 8 anyways..
Old 05-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #66

Quote:
No i wont be either, I'll be out of the country.
Are you still going to the regatta for Magnum?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #67

Quote:
lol, I've always liked the idea of the 4 days on, 4 days off work routine, gives u the "work hard, play hard" feeling i assume. besides, working 10 hour shift aint that much difference from 8 anyways..
10hrs? 12hrs shirts during the day and 11 at night. Minimum. Nothing like a 20+hr shift!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #68

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #69

Quote:
Are you still going to the regatta for Magnum?
Not me personally, as I'll still be out of the country, which sucks monkey balls.

Quote:
10hrs? 12hrs shirts during the day and 11 at night. Minimum. Nothing like a 20+hr shift!
lol, I didnt know that..i guess RCMP is a lil diff, coz my friend down at EPS (Edmonton) says his shifts are 10 hours long unless its double shifts or overtime, etc.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #70

Even with the RCMP, different cities/detachments work differently. We're lucky ours is a simple 4 on, 4 off system. I have some friends out east that have a pretty wacky schedule.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #71
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I'm excited for the FCRCC regatta this weekend too! Although there is a decrease in numbers compared to last year =[. Nonetheless, there is a handful of really competitive teams paddling this weekend! I think it'll be a real eye opener for a lot of teams cause I think this is kinda the "real first test of the season" that will show teams where they are, and what they need to do accomplish their goals. As for I, ill be there paddling for Magnum this weekend, and Magnum is a different boat than last year, with a lot of new paddlers fresh to the sport, and paddlers from different teams.. but that is the case for a lot of teams this season. Anyways, we're definately happy with our 2nd place finish at the dash, and hopefully our first 200m are just as good as our last 300m! =p
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #72

Old 05-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
Magnum is a different boat than last year, with a lot of new paddlers fresh to the sport, and paddlers from different teams..
I'm actually delighted that most of the new paddlers were actually from our sister rec team, Dragon Hearts Beat. You see them look at Magnum be competitive and they want to feel the competitiveness at a higher level too.

Quote:
I just took a look at the team list, with FCRCC paddling in it now, there's no hope for gold Silver and bronze is up for grabs between SI black, Magnum, RGL and Masters of D'Zone though I think. Hopefully RGL is in the mix anyway

It'll be a sunny weekend!
Watch out for Masters of D'Zone...they are someone to contend with.
Last year, they practiced as a team only once a week starting from the month of May if i recall correctly and they won Gold in Comp B in RTADBF.

You have been warned. lol

Last edited by TracerFX; 05-20-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #74

Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #75
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
I think we came up against Masters of D'Zone last Saturday during practice, it was a four boat practice race with them, Eye of the Dragon and Red Fusion. Their coach called the start and called a fast one so they jumped us at the start, but we managed to keep up with them, leaving Eye of the Dragon and Red Fusion in the dust though
That boat was Starbucks Waverunners.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote