REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #101
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFX View Post
Don't worry, in a few years, you guys wont have the feeling like you guys are paddling out of a shack anymore
Somebody should really build a proper facility there, at least with actual changerooms and showers. I dunno how people can just go home after being splashed with dirty false creek water, especially on the rainy days
Advertisement
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #102
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Hey, nothing beats paddling at DBA =p (It's not active anymore due to Olympic Site Construction). But i've paddled at all three facilities, and I must say, DBA was pretty ghetto. There was one huge shack, that contained any broken boats, paddles and life jackets and a little "building" with make shift changing rooms lol (and the changing rooms only lasted my 1st year of paddling... after that, iono where we went to change =S, but i always just rushed home/went out to eat after and rushed to the showers when I got home.
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #103
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
Somebody should really build a proper facility there, at least with actual changerooms and showers. I dunno how people can just go home after being splashed with dirty false creek water, especially on the rainy days
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
but i always just rushed home/went out to eat after and rushed to the showers when I got home.
They have a plan to completely replace the Dragonzone location by the end of the Olympics if i recall correctly.

Lol, Im one of those ppl too, I just prefer changing to dry clothes and then going out to eat/home, then taking a nice long shower in the comfort of home...helps if you drive, coz for me, its like 5-10 min to get home. If I bussed, then I'd have to rethink the whole shower-before-i-go-home strategy haha
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #104

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #105

Quote:
GREAT day of racing everyone, Magnum posting up really good times, watched you guys once and I was impressed that you maintained great form at the finish
I hope it wasn't our first or second race of the day, our coaches said we looked a bit sloppy cause we had an insanely high rate. We had a much slower rate in the semis and the finals, and posted better times too! (Incl. our personal best of 2:01 this season! =]) RGL did great too, you guys had really tough heats through out the day, with SI:B in pretty much all your heats, and Masters / FCRCC thrown into the mix in some heats. Which one were you?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:33 PM   #106

Old 05-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #107

Yeah, haha I sat by your tent once and talked to Derek for a while when we were waiting for our semi-final match. But yeah, it is a RGL tradition to race shirtless, but isn't it also a requirement to have a 6 pack and nice arms too?

We got kinda a scare in our semis, we knew we'd have stiff competition from Masters of D'Zone and that it'd be a close race, but the boat in Lane 2 (Burnaby Fire Fighters) kept up with us in the first 100m until we pulled ahead. (We had a practice race with them on thursday practice where they only went 200m, but we were able to pull ahead from the start). It wasn't until after the race that they said they were paddling exhibition with 17-18 guys and 2-5 girls (Mixed heats require 8 girls min.)

Last edited by xXDragonXx; 05-24-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #108

Old 05-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #109
I bringith the lowerballerith

What a beautiful day for races.... I'm glad i stopped by to say hi to old friends/teammates. I wish i could have been on the water paddling too though.

I might be hitting the water a few times in July to practice for the WPFG that are coming here in August... I've been recruited for a team of decent paddlers. We'll see if I've still go it. Haha!
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:12 AM   #110

Quote:
I got a nasty tan on my arms, maybe I'll go shirtless for the next race? It's RGL tradition after all lol
You guys should really forgo buying a team jersey...just go shirtless and have the team logo tattooed (permanent or otherwise) on your backs...(corporate sponsors on biceps lol).
I believe i speak for the rest of the db community that we certainly wont object to your women member's new jersey design hahahaha!

Speaking of which, I still have yet to see the rumors of nude db'ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
I wish i could have been on the water paddling too though.

I might be hitting the water a few times in July to practice for the WPFG that are coming here in August... I've been recruited for a team of decent paddlers. We'll see if I've still go it. Haha!
Yeah u should if u can make time, I'm sure DiggerPig still need to complete his roster, logistical nightmare i say haha
Old 05-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #111

Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #112

Quote:
Yeah u should if u can make time, I'm sure DiggerPig still need to complete his roster, logistical nightmare i say haha
Yah, I talked to him yesterday at the regatta. I don't even need to jump into any crew practices. haha Going to have to work my way up to 200m sprint intensity though. All 200m sprints for the WPFG.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
Old 05-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #113

And yes, I noticed quite a few attractive ladies in the staging area as well. But shhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell my gf I said that.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #114

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that either lol, our captain has done a pretty good job of recruiting girls this season. It's hard to keep focus sometimes haha. I noticed that girl in the white hoodie and shorts from DH Beat too, who is she?
lol, hard to keep focus eh? so the very essence of your team name is working against the competitiveness of your boat coz of activities such as ogling? hahhaha

xXDragonXx should be able to answer you on that since i wasnt there to see who was wearing the white hoodie and shorts, while ur at it, get him to do intros, and say you are from the Ridiculously Good Looking team and that the team name is a prerequisite to membership, thats bound to break some ice lol!

Quote:
Yah, I talked to him yesterday at the regatta. I don't even need to jump into any crew practices. haha Going to have to work my way up to 200m sprint intensity though. All 200m sprints for the WPFG.
yeah, its going to be murder on the body if you haven't been practicing 200m sprints in a while. perhaps when you catch a bad guy, tell them that its their lucky day and you are in a swell mood, that you would give them a chance to run...so u can practice on the 200m intensity by pursuing the suspect haha. call it the catch and release program =)
Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #115

Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #116

Quote:
Cause our tent was close to that area
You guys were lining up for the semis when I was there. I was the shaved-head guy that was getting mocked for my pasty white skin by Kamini before you guys were sent down to the docks.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #117

Last edited by RacePace; 01-26-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #118

Definitely him. by a long shot. haha!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #119

Old 05-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #120

He's been on the water since he was ~14yrs old in sprint kayaks, frequently paddles at the Nationals, and is, stupid fast. I'm not sure when the Men's outrigger practices are anymore, but usually early saturday or sunday mornings. If you manage to find an outrigger left over, grab it and join them for the work out and you'll see how fast he is.

I've got to start joining them for practices as well, to prep for the NTTs next year.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:56 AM   #121

Quote:
Even the prettiest girls grunt during the races, it's sexy and motivates me, maybe that counterbalances it.
*Picturing it*....sexy girl grunts are awesome lol

Quote:
I've got to start joining them for practices as well, to prep for the NTTs next year.
Did all the talks in this thread gave you good wonderful memories of past paddling? and convinces you to not take a break from it? hahaha. Its like riding a bicycle my friend..
Old 05-26-2009, 06:44 AM   #122

Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM   #123

Quote:
Did all the talks in this thread gave you good wonderful memories of past paddling? and convinces you to not take a break from it? hahaha. Its like riding a bicycle my friend..
Actually, it was being back by the water and around everybody again that did it. My hobbies have dwindled while settling into the job, so I need to pick paddling back up. I did a for-fun 5km paddle a few weeks ago and managed to get a 27.xx minute time, which isn't bad. But, if I want a spot on the team for the National Team Trials next year, I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Everyone from this year has all of this year's paddling jump on me. I was only ever middle-of-the-pack in terms of False Creek speed, and people have moved up and gotten faster since I stopped. LOTS of work ahead of me if I want to make the team. Just means my girlfriend will have to see me ~4hrs less per day than she sees me now.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #124

Old 05-27-2009, 02:46 AM   #125

Quote:
Does Magnum have any hot girls? I didn't really check out your camp. They're all short though, I remember that lol
lol, hot is subjective, it all falls on the eye of the beholder but i would say a few. "short" women is also the other reason why they call us the small team haha

To answer your prev question, i saw the FCRCC Regatta pics and can confidently say that the white hoodie-ed and shorts girl is indeed from the beat, her name is Cindy.

Quote:
Just means my girlfriend will have to see me ~4hrs less per day than she sees me now.
lol, be prepared for arguments of you focusing more time on paddling than on her. worse comes to worst, you can act instead of ogling on all those attractive ladies paddler

Quote:
Practice with RGL! Just to get the feel for it again. You know you wanna
Like i said, worse comes to worst, there's single girls in RGL bwahahahah