REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #326
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
I posted these up on SF,
IMG
IMG
(From L to R) APC NS 3 years 1 hand wash recently, APC Rescue 2 and a bit 1 hand wash recently, APC NS 1 month.

The Rescues were worn not as often.
FAR LEFT IS SEXYYYY
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #327
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
^ Amen.

You must really love APC. I see some people on campus and around town with really sick fades on their APC NS.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #328
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Any special reason you washed it after 3 years, or was it the "right time"? Spilled something?
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #329
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Any special reason you washed it after 3 years, or was it the "right time"? Spilled something?
sorta. spills weren't really a problem. i've had mustard, beer and all sorts of stuff spilled on it, though all small areas. most of the time any stains would just disappear when it dried or in the case of mustard, crust over and then i could just rub it out. as for right time, i was holding out for the "sand and wash it in the ocean" method. but then i realized that was kind of stupid. really the deciding factor was i went backpacking in europe and had to wear it in some clubs that had no a/c. in vancouver this isn't a problem, since i'd just air it out outside the next day. when travelling the jeans just stayed balled up in my backpack. i decided i'd wash it after being grossed out at a few days of wearing them for consecutive nights w/o airing them out.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 AM   #330
RS controls my life!

damn that sounds pretty grimey hahah
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:00 AM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
damn that sounds pretty grimey hahah
With that username, you shouldn't be talking

Last edited by BinsentoW; 10-13-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #332
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I'm new to the whole raw denim scene, planning to buy my first pair of nudie probably either in slim jims or regular alf bootcut. My question is, how much do they stretch and what size should i size down to if I'm a size 30. TIA!
wyuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyuzz View Post
I'm new to the whole raw denim scene, planning to buy my first pair of nudie probably either in slim jims or regular alf bootcut. My question is, how much do they stretch and what size should i size down to if I'm a size 30. TIA!
Are you wearing them daily?

They'll stretch 2inches-ish within 6 months with heavy wearage.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #334

^^^ I haven't bought them yet, planning to buy one soon cause i'm kinda getting sick wearing rocks and 7fam's. Back on topic, do they really stretch that much? Thanks, cant wait to get them!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #335
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
sorta. spills weren't really a problem. i've had mustard, beer and all sorts of stuff spilled on it, though all small areas. most of the time any stains would just disappear when it dried or in the case of mustard, crust over and then i could just rub it out. as for right time, i was holding out for the "sand and wash it in the ocean" method. but then i realized that was kind of stupid. really the deciding factor was i went backpacking in europe and had to wear it in some clubs that had no a/c. in vancouver this isn't a problem, since i'd just air it out outside the next day. when travelling the jeans just stayed balled up in my backpack. i decided i'd wash it after being grossed out at a few days of wearing them for consecutive nights w/o airing them out.
yeah i didn't really wash my ironhearts for fuckin 3 years as well.

i wore em in sweating hot conditions, disguisting cigarette asian filled clubs. everything.
just air em out and they're fine. i washed mine after 3 years cuz i thought it was time. they probably wouldnt fade that much more and the pockets were getting destroyed lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #336
ROOGP-01*

Quote:
I had to wash mine because of stains. I spilled ketchup around the crotch area of my ironhearts. I tried wiping it off with a wet cloth but after it dried the stain turned kinda white and made it look like a jizz stain.

ROOGP
OSR #5

A&J Racing
Si Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #337

Ive had my ironhearts for 8 months only, and I dont plan on washing them either. Ive been wearing them at clubs ect too, and in hot 30 degree+ days in summer.
I had a rice stain that turned into a "jizz" stain too, but it looks ok now.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #338
RS controls my life!

Quote:
dont get bootcut... i cant believe people still wear that shit haha.

Naked & Famous > Nudies
Old 10-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #339
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yeah i didn't really wash my ironhearts for fuckin 3 years as well.

i wore em in sweating hot conditions, disguisting cigarette asian filled clubs. everything.
just air em out and they're fine. i washed mine after 3 years cuz i thought it was time. they probably wouldnt fade that much more and the pockets were getting destroyed lol.
yeah that's the thing. after 3 years, most of the fading was already done even before i washed it. i had a crotch blowout (though i did have about a 4 mo period where i was cycling almost everyday) , but that's easily repaired. the only problem i foresee now is the honeycombing is starting to lead to holes.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #340
I STILL don't get it

Well I have 2 pair of Nudies and I was planning to buy another pair but on second thought. I think I'm going to invest in a pair of N&F. Is there a huge size difference between N&F vs Nudies? I wear 30 waist and 34 length for Nudies..help pls =D
domco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by domco View Post
Well I have 2 pair of Nudies and I was planning to buy another pair but on second thought. I think I'm going to invest in a pair of N&F. Is there a huge size difference between N&F vs Nudies? I wear 30 waist and 34 length for Nudies..help pls =D
I would buy 28 for N&F - Weird Guy cut.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
dont get bootcut... i cant believe people still wear that shit haha.

Naked & Famous > Nudies
I know nudies are not the best jeans out there compared to NF and IronHearts as some of you guys mentioned. I'm only getting a pair because I've never own of raw denim before so i'm gonna give these a try.

Whats wrong with bootcut raw denims?
Old 10-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #343
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Don't do it. I had Nudies for a week before I changed my mind and bought my APCs.

And then a few months after I went for Somets because I felt that the APCs were a bit flimsy.

Get a good high quality pair that will last you so you won't have any regrets or the itch to upgrade or get something better. Invest in stuff like Skulls, Samurai, Flat Head, Iron Heart, Somet. Do some research and buy a pair that you'll love and you won't have to buy again for a loooooong time.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #344

Nothings "wrong" with bootcut. Its just your preference.
To me, straight leg looks fine. Bootcuts leg openings are too big and sloppy for my taste.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #345
RS controls my life!

Quote:
I know nudies are not the best jeans out there compared to NF and IronHearts as some of you guys mentioned. I'm only getting a pair because I've never own of raw denim before so i'm gonna give these a try.

Whats wrong with bootcut raw denims?
well judging by your display picture, theres nothing wrong with bootcuts for you.

sorry, im just being a dick, but bootcuts look fucking stupid.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #346
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

DAT HENLEE CUT
DAT FLOYD CUT
DAT BILLY CUT
DAT JOEY CUT

shawty you a 10
j2oxstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:56 PM   #347
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,430 Times in 977 Posts
style changes all the time.
if you like bootcut then get bootcut.
5 years ago people were wearing fat ties, now they're wearing skinny ties, and fat ties will definitely make a comeback and people will think skinny ties are out of style.
same with jacket lapels, same with jean cuts
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #348
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

This is a long shot but does anyone know where i can pick up a pair of Naked and Famous jeans in Calgary? or any Canadian online retailers who sell them?
speeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #349
RS controls my life!

holt renfrew in calgary has it i think.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #350
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Wearing a pair of Naked and Famous X Loveless for ...3 weeks or so, love them. I tried on apcs and really they didn't feel better then my old pair of weird guys which resulted in me purchasing another pair. I don't know if anyone ever answered the question on sizing for N&F vs. Nudies but my nudies are size 29 and my N&F are size 30. It seems like most people don't wash even if they dropped something on themselves. I ended up having to wash my first weird guys after dropping bubble tea on them==.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote