REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #351
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Feel bad for you, BUT IF you lived in Tsawwassen, I'm pretty sure the border is open 24 hours and as is the gas station. So you can go before or after work when there are no lines. Literally in and out in 5 minutes.
oh, that's not me, no kids here - not at all, but just giving some perspective as to why everyone doesn't do it

i get gas when i pick up packages, 2 birds, 1 stone - going before work sounds like a great plan, but jesus, can never get up early enough!! (maybe those extra 30 mins in bed are worth $10!!!)
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #352
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Does anyone know the procedure with Canada customs is if you're returning an item?
I just picked up a jacket today and paid taxes on the jacket. It doesn't fit so i'm going to return it. Anyone know the procedure on getting the taxes back on the jacket?

Also, my first experience with point 2 point...
I picked up a couple things and the staff aren't that friendly. They are clearly overwhelmed with the Christmas rush and seem all over the place. The "bigger" lady is clearly stressed out and the younger kid with the dreads doesn't give a eff, lol. They gave me the wrong package, good thing I checked. Guy in the back didn't read the name right. So make sure you double check your items.

They don't seem any more or less organized than TLC. I'd say TSB's customer service and experience is better overall. Their entrance is small so if it gets busy you'll be waiting outside which some people had to do, but I don't know if that's really a con. It was cold today though.

I would probably still use p2p, just don't expect anything better or worse than TLC.

Also, p2p charges you tax on their fee. I don't remember if TSB or TLC charges tax on their fee or not?
I have exchanged items before and that was what I had to do to avoid additional taxes/duty. Bring all documentation with you, receipt of sale and the receipt of duty and taxes paid. You'll have to go into CBSA border FIRST before going into USA and explain your situation. When crossing at the USA border, be sure to disclose that you are bringing American goods back into the USA to avoid American duty/taxes. Now, I'm pretty sure that if you're entitled to a duty/tax refund, you won't be getting it on the spot, I suspect you will have to fill out forms and wait for them to send you a cheque?

I was also using p2p for the first time today. Pretty much sums it up. Also their disorganization meant having to wait in line almost 20 mins. There were 3 people in front of me and then took another 15 mins for them to find my package.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #353
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
It's fun to watch Sam "bigger guy" @ P2P waddle around grabbing packages, they are definitely disorganized but at least they set up a second computer for christmas.
The heavy set lady seems to always be struggling and asking questions.

I gave the younger tall girl my invoices to help find my stuff easier and she forgot to give it back and I also forgot that I gave em to her until I put everything in my car, had to scramble through the lineup and look like a douche to ask her to find em for me...

I mainly use P2P for the walking distance from the border, I think from now on I'll try shipping bigger packages to PRShell
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #354
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Does anyone know the procedure with Canada customs is if you're returning an item?
I just picked up a jacket today and paid taxes on the jacket. It doesn't fit so i'm going to return it. Anyone know the procedure on getting the taxes back on the jacket?

Also, my first experience with point 2 point...
I picked up a couple things and the staff aren't that friendly. They are clearly overwhelmed with the Christmas rush and seem all over the place. The "bigger" lady is clearly stressed out and the younger kid with the dreads doesn't give a eff, lol. They gave me the wrong package, good thing I checked. Guy in the back didn't read the name right. So make sure you double check your items.

They don't seem any more or less organized than TLC. I'd say TSB's customer service and experience is better overall. Their entrance is small so if it gets busy you'll be waiting outside which some people had to do, but I don't know if that's really a con. It was cold today though.

I would probably still use p2p, just don't expect anything better or worse than TLC.

Also, p2p charges you tax on their fee. I don't remember if TSB or TLC charges tax on their fee or not?
I was at P2P on Saturday and they were very disorganized, they couldn't find my package and kept asking me if I am sure it was there. I called 2 days ago and some lady that picked up the phone confirmed it was there. After waiting for 30min they finally found it, I also had to wait inline for about 20min for my turn before that.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #355
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Anyone have the number or website at pr-shell to Register yourself at that location?
Posted via RS Mobile
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #356
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Google
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #357
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

prshell.com
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #358
HELP ME PLS!!!

Shell being opens on sunday is just the icing on the cake.

Sunday Shell Point Roberts RS Meet?

lol
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #359
Not a mod

Quote:
You have to go into the CBSA office with the goods that you will be returning and the duties/tax printout that you were given. The officer will complete a document to show that that goods in question were exported or destroyed. You will be given a refund adjustment form that you complete and submit. If everything is completed correctly your refund will take 6-8.

Best thing to do is try on the goods there and if it doesnt work out, return them back to the sender. Saves your from the hassle.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #360
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
^Yeah, I should have tried it on there. Wasn't thinking. I'll definitely do that next time since it'll save me a lot of trouble.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #361
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
No, it's always a round number at TLC. Always has been.

Basically, P2P is like TLC five years ago. They're going through the same growing pains now, it sounds like.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #362
God of Unce

Which service would you guys recommend?

This will be my first time shipping to PR.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #363
Not a mod

Shell stn.
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #364
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Which service would you guys recommend?

This will be my first time shipping to PR.
I would go with TSB. They have a proven track record and have been there awhile.
Though, Shell seems to be getting good reviews and they're open sundays.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #365
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
p2p and just walk over.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #366
I am Hook'd on RS

I have always used TSB, nothing but great things to say about them.
beebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #367
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

p2p parcel sell packaging material such as boxes there right?
I need to ship a parcel from there
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #368
Banned By Establishment

+1 for P2P, have always been using then, definitely recommended!
Posted via RS Mobile
AYAutocare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #369
I STILL don't get it

i've been using p2p for 2 years now. they can always find my stuff quickly. i think its just busy season and i assume they get busy once trucks comes in. or maybe some new helper screw up something.

i've try to use letter carrier but they are rude and i always have to wait inline for long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
I was at P2P on Saturday and they were very disorganized, they couldn't find my package and kept asking me if I am sure it was there. I called 2 days ago and some lady that picked up the phone confirmed it was there. After waiting for 30min they finally found it, I also had to wait inline for about 20min for my turn before that.
benwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #370
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

so does p2p have packaging material available? I want to ship something from there
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #371
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Does anyone have the experience of getting an item shipped to the USA from an international location? Does the US get dinged customs/import fees like we do in Canada, and how one pays for it if they are picking it up at TSB/TLC/P2P?
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #372
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
so does p2p have packaging material available? I want to ship something from there
Go to TLC and just take some of the leftover packaging that people leave there. They have a whole room full of it.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #373
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelt View Post
Does anyone have the experience of getting an item shipped to the USA from an international location? Does the US get dinged customs/import fees like we do in Canada, and how one pays for it if they are picking it up at TSB/TLC/P2P?
Internet Purchases - CBP.gov
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #374
Hopeless Romantic

I've used TSB for over a year now... without ever having a single issue. Have always received pretty good service as well.

Although I'm considering switching to Shell solely for the fact that they're open on Sunday's and that works pretty well with my schedule...

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #375
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I think I said before that the Shell station closes at 7...which is not true. They close at 6. I showed at 6:05 thinking I had plenty of time and they told me the shipping desk was closed. They were nice enough to get my packages anyways, though.

I'm enjoying the Shell station so far. People there are nice...and the place smells great since it's coffee shop (they roast/grind their own beans).
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote