REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #426
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: van
Posts: 499
Thanked 174 Times in 74 Posts
dPOInt roberts in the USA BRO
Advertisement
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #427
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,101
Thanked 101 Times in 59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner_ View Post
Checked out 247 last friday... have 2 more packages arriving today/tomorrow so i'll be going again later tomorrow evening... Pretty legit I have to say.

If you go after hours, you have to enter a code they provide you to enter the building.



You walk in, immediately infront of you is a pinpad on the wall and a monitor showing a bunch of camera's pointed at you from all sorts of angles...

You enter in the code they give you via email & text message, and it unlocks and directs you to the locker containing your stuff.



Was literally back in line to Canada after picking up my stuff within 10 minutes. And the 24/7 availability works out much better with my schedule.

+1 for 247 Parcel.
Holy crap that is high tech!!
__________________
ATTACK
sh0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #428
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,101
Thanked 101 Times in 59 Posts
I'm about to make a purchase for the home that is about $500.

I'm getting it shipped to the States and gonna bring it back. Will declare the item and the value.

What is the chance I'll have taxes and duties? And if so what would it be?

Thanks in advance RS!
__________________
ATTACK
sh0n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #429
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,833
Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,009 Posts
At $500 by yourself, it's pretty close to 100% you'll get called inside.

If they are being picky or you have some exuberant items in your list, they'll pick apart your list and charge you duty to each item that's necessary.

More likely than not, they will just charge you 12% on your entire order, so $60.
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #430
& Associates Inc.
 
ruthless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada Eh
Posts: 1,625
Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0n View Post
I'm about to make a purchase for the home that is about $500.

I'm getting it shipped to the States and gonna bring it back. Will declare the item and the value.

What is the chance I'll have taxes and duties? And if so what would it be?

Thanks in advance RS!
Unless you go for 48 hours you could get sent in to pay taxes.
It should only be 12% HST but they can charge you duty if its made outside North America. What kind of item is it? If its something large like a sofa then you are more likely to get sent in.

So in the end declare it all and you may or may not have to pay $60.00...
__________________
Ruthless and Associates Inc
Serving Revscene proudly since 2008

Last edited by ruthless; 02-18-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: ^inv4zn beat me to it
ruthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #431
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,833
Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner_ View Post
Checked out 247 last friday... have 2 more packages arriving today/tomorrow so i'll be going again later tomorrow evening... Pretty legit I have to say.

If you go after hours, you have to enter a code they provide you to enter the building.
Spoiler!

Was literally back in line to Canada after picking up my stuff within 10 minutes. And the 24/7 availability works out much better with my schedule.

+1 for 247 Parcel.
I'd go here just to feel like James Bond every time I'm getting a package

What are their prices?
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #432
Hopeless Romantic
 
jtanner_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,526
Thanked 951 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I'd go here just to feel like James Bond every time I'm getting a package

What are their prices?
Pretty reasonable imo.

Quote:
Parcel receiving fees
Under 35 lbs $3
35 lbs ~ 70 lbs $5
70 lbs ~ 100 lbs $10

Tires up to 35 lbs $5 each
Tires 35 lbs to 50 lbs $8 each

Letter Mail $1
If you pick up your parcel within 24 hours it's also $1 less.

The thing about 24/7 parcel, and because they're open 24/7, is that you need to PREPAY prior to pick up (considering there is no-one there to collect your money outside of their operating hours).
__________________
Feedback Thread (14-0-0)

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #433
cho
sneaky beaky like
 
cho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,207
Thanked 3,980 Times in 597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0n View Post
I'm about to make a purchase for the home that is about $500.

I'm getting it shipped to the States and gonna bring it back. Will declare the item and the value.

What is the chance I'll have taxes and duties? And if so what would it be?

Thanks in advance RS!
I brought back 463 dollars the other day, brought me inside immediately, but when I went in and explained what I had the boarder guard let me on my way without paying
Posted via RS Mobile
cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #434
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
sexyaccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Death Star
Posts: 5,608
Thanked 810 Times in 153 Posts
^
what did you have?
__________________
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #435
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,833
Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner_ View Post
Pretty reasonable imo.



If you pick up your parcel within 24 hours it's also $1 less.

The thing about 24/7 parcel, and because they're open 24/7, is that you need to PREPAY prior to pick up (considering there is no-one there to collect your money outside of their operating hours).
Do you prepay $xx amount at a time and they just deduct from your account? Or do you pay the exact amount prior to picking up your package?
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #436
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
bcedhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 604
Posts: 3,824
Thanked 1,098 Times in 311 Posts
2 years ago, I had a purchase of around 2100 total (rims, tires, suspension). Got pulled in right away, but the officer was nice enough to just charge me duty for the tires even though all 3 items were not made in USA.

I guess it really depends on the officer. just hopefully get on his or her good side and hope for the best!
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #437
Hopeless Romantic
 
jtanner_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,526
Thanked 951 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Do you prepay $xx amount at a time and they just deduct from your account? Or do you pay the exact amount prior to picking up your package?
You prepay in increments of $10. Currently if you buy $50 worth of credit you get an additional $10 credit free.

They'll send you a text message instantly with your current balance, when a package arrives, once you pick up a package, etc.
__________________
Feedback Thread (14-0-0)

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #438
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: none
Posts: 138
Thanked 98 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy89 View Post
2 years ago, I had a purchase of around 2100 total (rims, tires, suspension). Got pulled in right away, but the officer was nice enough to just charge me duty for the tires even though all 3 items were not made in USA.

I guess it really depends on the officer. just hopefully get on his or her good side and hope for the best!
HST = every item
Duties = items made outside of North America and Mexico
E60_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #439
I am grateful grapefruit
 
gars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,094
Thanked 831 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E60_M5 View Post
HST = every item
Duties = items made outside of North America and Mexico
I think he meant that he only got charged duty on the tires, as opposed to being charged for all 3 items.
__________________
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #440
Not a mod
 
SoulCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,309
Thanked 474 Times in 121 Posts
^Wrong. What he meant was that he was charged tax on his goods not duty. He does not know the difference between the two.

You cannot be charged duty and not tax.
You can be charged tax and not duty (to the discretion of the officer)
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #441
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,833
Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,009 Posts
^+1

It really bothers me when my fob friends rave about not paying tax at the duty-free shops lol
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #442
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,101
Thanked 101 Times in 59 Posts
I always declare anyways. Cause honesty is the best policy.

I find YMMV depending on the customs officer some of them are nice and will wavie you through, some will nickle and dime you even if you are slightly over the limit.

For what it is worth.

Under 24 Hours - technically you don't have any allowance
Over 24 Hours - $200
Over 48 Hours - $800

Plus whatever is the alcohol and cigarette allowance.
__________________
ATTACK
sh0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #443
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,304
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Package arrives at TSB at 2pm yesterday but still hasnt been processed yet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #444
not the mod you're looking for
 
FN-2199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,599
Thanked 1,459 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Package arrives at TSB at 2pm yesterday but still hasnt been processed yet
Maybe they put your name down wrong in the system, and it didn't notify you. They've spelled my last name wrong twice already
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #445
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,304
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESHvibe View Post
Maybe they put your name down wrong in the system, and it didn't notify you. They've spelled my last name wrong twice already
Damn

I'll check back with them when I wake up
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #446
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: none
Posts: 138
Thanked 98 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Damn

I'll check back with them when I wake up
Yeah, best is just to email them the tracking number and see if its been entered in their system. In my experience they are pretty good with replying to emails in a timely manner.
E60_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #447
I am grateful grapefruit
 
gars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,094
Thanked 831 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
^Wrong. What he meant was that he was charged tax on his goods not duty. He does not know the difference between the two.

You cannot be charged duty and not tax.
You can be charged tax and not duty (to the discretion of the officer)
I assumed that he was taxed on all 3 items, but was only charged duty on one.
__________________
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #448
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,304
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E60_M5 View Post
Yeah, best is just to email them the tracking number and see if its been entered in their system. In my experience they are pretty good with replying to emails in a timely manner.
Everything went smoothly as expected.

I asked TSB about my email notification, apparently it was sent out but it didn't make it to my Hotmail inbox, which I usually get anyways.

Meanwhile at 247 parcel, got a text message saying my package is ready to be picked up
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #449
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,304
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Like jtanner_ mentioned above, 247 parcel is automated.

It was pretty mind blowing actually. After I closed my locker door, got an immediate text messaging indicating that the package has been picked up and my account balance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #450
not the mod you're looking for
 
FN-2199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,599
Thanked 1,459 Times in 509 Posts
For oversized parcels at 24/7, they will lock a door key in your assigned locker that opens up the locked door at the end of the hall.



When I ordered my KYB struts, they couldn't fit all of them into a locker, so they put the key into the locker.
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net