REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #201
Director of RS Cares

I hope my packages get accepted. A belt and a pair of shoes...gahhh they should be small packages...i hope
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Just talked to point to point. They said they have space and parcels will not be refused.

Man, I was was worried there.
Posted via RS Mobile
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #203
HELP ME PLS!!!

I think the Super Market there should open up their own parcel shipping and receiving service. They have like the biggest lot of real estate
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #204
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
I remember last time I was at TLC a couple of weeks ago that in their buildin there's a whole extra office space for lease... I saw the sign waiting in the Saturday morning lineup... IMO if they thought they were getting close to capacity it shouldn't be hard for them to lease that out temporarily for space... much better to eat that cost than piss their entire customer base off.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #205
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyaccord View Post
I think the Super Market there should open up their own parcel shipping and receiving service. They have like the biggest lot of real estate
They have one. You can rent a mailbox.

After this BS, I'll be looking into getting my stuff sent elsewhere. TLC is just overrun now.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #206
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Anyone know if the supermarket has cheap snacks, meat (chicken breast)?
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #207
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

oh yay just got 2/4 packages turned away from TLC... those were from UPS
now to see if they turn away the USPS ones
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #208
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

yep me too, fuck

package got sent back to amzon, fucking TLC

there goes some christmas presents that have to be redirected or reshiped entirely

TLC should have fucking emailed everyone registered on their site, I dont even wanna imagine how many people are gonna be raging pissed when they expect this suprise

Last edited by wingies; 12-03-2012 at 11:05 AM.
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #209
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
*Sigh*

Affected here too.

Looks like this is the TSN Turning Point for The Letter Carrier. Going to be losing a lot of customers this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
If space is a concern, what they could have done is implement a policy on the number of days they'll store your packages for. Tell your customers you'll keep their stuff for X days then charge more for additional days.
They already did, as of a few years ago. Before, you could have your stuff sit for a month or maybe more and not get charged extra. But they started running out of space a couple years ago, and had to implement that policy. They even expanded their building awhile back, but I guess they still get more and more business.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #210
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I called Fedex this morning to make sure if they reject my package that they hold that shit at the depot where I can drive down and pick it up and not back to the sender. That's just stupid. Just don't sign for it and it goes to the depot in Bellingham or Burlington and people can just go pick it up. Bit longer drive but at least you don't need to get things re-shipped.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #211
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I called Fedex this morning to make sure if they reject my package that they hold that shit at the depot where I can drive down and pick it up and not back to the sender. That's just stupid. Just don't sign for it and it goes to the depot in Bellingham or Burlington and people can just go pick it up. Bit longer drive but at least you don't need to get things re-shipped.
I had to call UPS and told them to hold my package in Bellingham just so it wouldn't be sent back also.
pyon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #212
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^
Uh yah, if you live anywhere near there sure.
Holy fuck there's other cities outside of Vancouver!?!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #213

just got back
lady told me they turned away the entire truck today but 3/4 of my packages were in (USPS shipped)

i headed over to the shell gas station to sign up right after
Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #214
Director of RS Cares

SO ANNOYED!!! They returned my package today. I have one left in transit and requested to have the shipper redirect to P2P.

The Letter Carrier...what a total let down!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #215
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
God damnit, and I wanted to use them soon too...

At least our friend offered to let us use his box.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #216
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
TLC Update

Looks like packages will not be turned away anymore. They have rented an offsite storage facility. But, there will still be processing delays.

Quote:
EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 5TH WE WILL BE RECEIVING ALL PACKAGES AGAIN.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT WE WILL MOST LIKELY BE AT LEAST 3 TO 5 DAYS BEHIND ON PROCESSING AND MAKING THE PACKAGES AVAILABLE. IF YOU ARE ORDERING A TIME SENSITIVE ITEM OR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT IT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP WHEN YOU NEED IT AND THAT YOU MAY WANT TO PURCHASE IT LOCALLY OR IN THE MAINLAND.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT, WE WILL BE STORING OUR UNPROCESSED EXCESS ITEMS OFFSITE SO WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOOK FOR A PACKAGE THAT IS NOT PROCESSED.

WE ARE UPDATING OUR WEBSITE EACH DAY AS TO WHICH CARRIER DELIVERIES FOR WHICH DAY ARE PROCESSED. PLEASE CHECK THIS BEFORE YOU COME TO PICKUP YOUR ITEMS.
WE ALSO REQUEST THAT YOU PICKUP AS SOON AS YOU KNOW A PACKAGES IS IN OUR SYSTEM SO THAT WE CAN GET ALL OTHER PACKAGES PROCESSED AND CAUGHT UP BEFORE CHRISTMAS. WE DO NOT WANT TO RUIN ANYONES CHRISTMAS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO GET CAUGHT UP BUT WE CANNOT BRING PACKAGES FROM OUR OFFSITE UNIT TO THIS FACILITY UNLESS THERE IS A PLACE TO PUT IT.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS BUT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM TO TAKE ALL PACKAGES WITHOUT BEING IN VIOLATION OF STATE FIRE CODES AND PLACING OUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK OF INJURY.
http://www.thelettercarrier.com/
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #217
HELP ME PLS!!!

damage has been done, registered for Shell I have
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #218
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
What's with all the yelling in their website updates?

This has been a logistics nightmare for a company that deals with logistics. Who would've thought that too much business would be a problem?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #219
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Went down this morning, looked pretty packed on the inside, and a customer in front of me was voicing their frustrations on a couple of missing packages. Not that bad of a line heading in and coming back.

Fortunately, I wasn't dinged on my wheels, and was surprised that 2 boxes of wheels = 1 package.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #220

Yeah when i went down on Monday it wasnt busy at all. Around noonish. Had a nice chat with the gentleman at the shell.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #221
Director of RS Cares

Luckily, my last package arrived safely and now will have to wait for their processing. The damage has been done though. Regardless that they can receive all packages now..I will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #222
HELP ME PLS!!!

Looks like they sort of revised their notice again, instead of ruining they replaced it with delaying

Quote:

EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 5TH WE WILL BE RECEIVING ALL PACKAGES AGAIN.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT WE WILL MOST LIKELY BE AT LEAST 3 TO 5 DAYS BEHIND ON PROCESSING AND MAKING THE PACKAGES AVAILABLE. IF YOU ARE ORDERING A TIME SENSITIVE ITEM OR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT IT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP WHEN YOU NEED IT AND THAT YOU MAY WANT TO PURCHASE IT LOCALLY OR IN THE MAINLAND.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT, WE WILL BE STORING OUR UNPROCESSED EXCESS ITEMS OFFSITE SO WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOOK FOR A PACKAGE THAT IS NOT PROCESSED.

WE ARE UPDATING OUR WEBSITE EACH DAY AS TO WHICH CARRIER DELIVERIES FOR WHICH DAY ARE PROCESSED. PLEASE CHECK THIS BEFORE YOU COME TO PICKUP YOUR ITEMS.
WE ALSO REQUEST THAT YOU PICKUP AS SOON AS YOU KNOW A PACKAGES IS IN OUR SYSTEM OR YOU RECEIVE OUR EMAIL SO THAT WE CAN GET ALL OTHER PACKAGES PROCESSED AND CAUGHT UP BEFORE CHRISTMAS. WE DO NOT WANT TO DELAY ANYONE'S CHRISTMAS PURCHAES IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO GET CAUGHT UP BUT WE CANNOT BRING PACKAGES FROM OUR OFFSITE UNIT TO THIS FACILITY UNLESS THERE IS A PLACE TO PUT IT.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THIS BUT THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM TO TAKE ALL PACKAGES WITHOUT BEING IN VIOLATION OF STATE FIRE CODES AND PLACING OUR EMPLOYEES AT RISK OF INJURY.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #223
RS controls my life!

got my nexus in the summer, but haven't used it before

if i cross PR using the nexus lane, do I have to come back into canada through the nexus lane too?

Or can I use the regular line ups to get back in?

The reason I ask is that I heard that coming back, the nexus agents aren't as lenient (ie: if you go over 50, they'll tax you right away) compared to the regular crossing guards?

im just bringing back ~$200 worth of goods, but have never been taxed using the regular line ups for value of $200~
thanks
barqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #224
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,158 Posts
Coming back into Canada in the nexus lane, it's no different than the regular lane in regards to the goods.

Just declare the value regardless of the amount. It's still up to them if they want to send you in to pay for taxes or not.

I bring stuff back all the time that's valued at 200 bucks, always declared the full value and never been sent in so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #225
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
has anyone used this site before MyUS.com - OUR SERVICES
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote