REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #1826
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

This was on the news yesterday. When the husband showed up (Caucasian guy with shaved head) at the house, he got out of a pretty nice black Mercedes Benz. I think she was shot in a black 2009+ model X5 from what was shown on the news..... Drug related, possibly after the husband?
Advertisement
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #1827
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxboost View Post
This was on the news yesterday. When the husband showed up (Caucasian guy with shaved head) at the house, he got out of a pretty nice black Mercedes Benz. I think she was shot in a black 2009+ model X5 from what was shown on the news..... Drug related, possibly after the husband?
or they're just after the wife.... "gangster" chicks can be major bitches probably went too far with someone

the murdered lady was identified

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...eat-identified
Quote:
Vancouver Police have identified the victim of yesterday's shooting at 49th Avenue at Bruce Street as Thuy Yen "Jenny" Vu. She has four children ranging in age from three to 17.

The 38-year-old mother was shot dead in her SUV while her toddler looked on yesterday. Constable Lindsey Houghton says the three-year-old boy is safe and being cared for by police and the ministry.

"He should be writing a letter to Santa and celebrating Christmas but now he has to figure out why his mother was shot in front of him. It is completely unacceptable," he explains.

Police are still looking into why this mother was targeted and shot several times.

"I don't have any information as to if she has just arrived at home or if she was preparing to leave but the car when we first arrived was parked, it was stationary... and it was running, the engine on," he adds.

Investigators say Vu was not previously known to police. She lived with her kids and husband; he is not considered a suspect.

Police are still interviewing witnesses and have not made any arrests. If you have any information, you're asked to call 604.717.2500 or Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477

side note 19yr old maple ridge resident was stabbed @ the bus loop early this morning across from Coquitlam Centre which had the area including pinetree centre (chapters saveon bb) shutdown with investigators

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-15-2011 at 05:10 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #1828
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Guys, please dont throw accusations and conspiracy theorys around, I know her sons and they are truly distraught.
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-18-2011, 04:16 AM   #1829

no ones throwing around accusations, conspiracy theories? wtf??.... we're all speculating there's a difference
Old 12-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #1830
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
Guys, please dont throw accusations and conspiracy theorys around, I know her sons and they are truly distraught.
Dont kid yourself. This aint some innocent stray bullet.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #1831
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
just reading more information on the web.

"Nothing random about woman’s death in car, Vancouver police say"

Vancouver police were well into an intense investigation to try and figure out why Ms. Vu was the victim of the city’s latest targeted shooting, and the 14th Vancouver homicide of 2011.

While it’s early, police are saying there was nothing random about the attack. Someone targeted Ms. Vu for reasons police are now trying to figure out.

Constable Houghton said Ms. Vu was not known to police.

However, he was more guarded about her husband. “We are not releasing or confirming her husband’s history,” he said, adding Ms. Vu’s husband is co-operating with police and is not now a suspect in the case.

Property records list Ms. Vu as a hairstylist and Stephen Michaelson, a businessman, as joint tenants of the home.

“The only thing I will say is that we are looking into all of Ms. Vu’s possible connections – whether family, friends or other associates,” he said. “In any investigation, especially ones that are complex like homicides, we don’t know where the investigation will lead.”

He said there is no indication now that the case is related to gangs. “However, that could change depending on what information is uncovered by investigators,” he said.

a Bruce Street resident, said “My wife isn’t scared because this is not a case of a mad dog on the street. Somebody doesn’t just come and shoot somebody just for the hell of it.”
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:49 AM   #1832
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I just found out this women is my mother friends younger sister! Sigh ... I wonder what's going to happen with the kids and all.. So sad christmas is like one week away...and people are still getting their lives taken away..
Posted via RS Mobile
phunky.FOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #1833
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunky.FOB View Post
I just found out this women is my mother friends younger sister! Sigh ... I wonder what's going to happen with the kids and all.. So sad christmas is like one week away...and people are still getting their lives taken away..
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah, the hitman should have waited until at least the New Year to take her out.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #1834
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Posted via RS Mobile
tr0ubl3s0m3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #1835
dlo

something happened at superstore? over 10+ police cars around and a perimeter is being set up all the way to joyce station..
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #1836
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
something happened at superstore? over 10+ police cars around and a perimeter is being set up all the way to joyce station..
So from rupert onwards?

Which superstore are you talking about?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #1837
dlo

rupert, a lot of police presence there
Old 12-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #1838

Quote:
Homicide at house party in Surrey
Details about the victim not released

SURREY (NEWS1130) - A 28-year-old man is dead after being shot at a house party in Surrey early this morning. It happened at 132nd Street and 67 A Avenue.

The victim is not known to police and his name won't be released right now. Investigators say it's likely he died of the gunshot wound, but an autopsy has been scheduled to confirm that.

No arrests have been made and investigators will spend the day talking to people who may have seen or heard anything.

"There was anywhere from 30 to possibly 50 people in that house and when this shooting occurred a lot of the people dispersed. We are asking that you come forward and call the IHIT tipline," says Sergeant Jennifer Pound.

She adds that it doesn't look like the shooting was gang or drug related.

If you have any information you can call the IHIT tipline at 1.877.551.IHIT or Crimestoppers at 1.800.222.TIPS.
Homicide at house party in Surrey - News1130
Old 12-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #1839
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Another shooting in Surrey

"Surrey RCMP investigating reports of yet another shooting, this time at 9th avenue and about 116th street. No details yet."

Local News Story
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #1840

^^ holy shit 3 shootings in surrey this weekend

the one i posted the one you posted and according to the article you linked another shooting this morning

Quote:
Earlier today, a 54-year-old woman, known to police, was shot in the chest at an apartment building on King George Boulevard near University Drive.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #1841
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
the one at 96th ave and 116th st on the delta/surrey border:

small community corner store was robbed...clerk was shot and killed
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #1842
My homepage has been set to RS

That's messed up. I know most thieves don't give a fuck but who does shit like this on christmas
Old 12-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #1843
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Another shooting in Surrey

"Surrey RCMP investigating reports of yet another shooting, this time at 9th avenue and about 116th street. No details yet."

Local News Story
Holy shit I grew up 2 minutes away from there.. Used to go buy candy there all the time
Old 12-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #1844
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I also grew up near there. Went to Royal Heights elem and would always stop there on the way back from school.

The victim is a 27 year old male. On Christmas day ... Sad story.

Kev
Old 12-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #1845

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
the one at 96th ave and 116th st on the delta/surrey border:

small community corner store was robbed...clerk was shot and killed
I wonder if it was the gas station or the store? They are across the street from each other.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #1846
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
It's actually at 118th so that makes it the small market on the corner with the house upstairs and the garage on the side.

Kev
Old 12-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #1847

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It's actually at 118th so that makes it the small market on the corner with the house upstairs and the garage on the side.

Kev
Kens Market or whatever it's called.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #1848
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
yeah, its Kens Market.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #1849
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Thats sad at fuck all of these murders at this time of year
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #1850

RIP

Watching CTV right now. He was taking a shift for the owner (uncle) who wanted to go to Seattle or something. The victim was a straight A student from Kawatlan University.

RIP
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote