REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #576
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
^

Advertisement
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #577
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

noone is safe aymore
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 AM   #578
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
noone is safe aymore

Im pretty sure 99% of us are safe.

www.l2sc.net
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #579
R8
Buy/Sell rules violation; Zero Tolerance

im pretty sure 100% of us are safe. unless gangsters are on RS
R8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #580
Retired Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Stop being a pussy.

This isn't Iraq.

Christ you can go your whole life in Vancouver without hearing gunshots, where as when I was in Costa Rica, if you DIDN'T hear gunshots at night, it was an odd night.

It's more scary to think that 6 billion dollars in illegal drug trade is happening in B.C., and the number of cops, judges, and politicians that money is buying.
The first week I moved to Vancouver, I came out of superstore and heard 3 gun shots. Two days later, I realized I moved into a gang neighborhood. For four months I heard over 12 different shots. So we moved to Burnaby mountain, a month later I woke up to 7 gun shots from a targeted hit in my apartment building... week before that some woman stabbed her husband to death a few floors below me. So we moved to Coquitlam, 2 blocks away, 2 targeting shooting followed by some retard bustin off 12 shots and hitting no one. I have no reason to move again but come on... I have been here for a year and a half... where are the places that don't hear gun shots?
abinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #581
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
Im pretty sure 99% of us are safe.
yeah probably true but all it takes is to be at the wrong place at the wrong time
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #582
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBite View Post
The first week I moved to Vancouver, I came out of superstore and heard 3 gun shots. Two days later, I realized I moved into a gang neighborhood. For four months I heard over 12 different shots. So we moved to Burnaby mountain, a month later I woke up to 7 gun shots from a targeted hit in my apartment building... week before that some woman stabbed her husband to death a few floors below me. So we moved to Coquitlam, 2 blocks away, 2 targeting shooting followed by some retard bustin off 12 shots and hitting no one. I have no reason to move again but come on... I have been here for a year and a half... where are the places that don't hear gun shots?
hmmm west van? i dont know, ABBTS? Lol
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #583
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
I live in Surrey and surprisingly have never heard gunshots. Just have to pick the right area of Surrey. I'm in the Sullivan Station area.

Kev
Old 03-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #584
R8
Buy/Sell rules violation; Zero Tolerance

Quote:
Hmm, i live a couple streets from you now.... i have never heard gunshots at all...i didnt even hear the gunshots from the clarke/north road shooting :S how far do they echo?
R8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #585
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

I've lived in Vancouver for 28 of my nearly 31 years and I've never heard gunshots.

Stop living in the ghetto.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #586
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
I've lived in Vancouver for 28 of my nearly 31 years and I've never heard gunshots.

Totally, I've never heard gunshots in the lower mainland outside of a gun range.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #587
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

That shooting at Shell is not far from where I live
Chairman Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #588
Retired Mod

Quote:

The only ghetto place I lived was in Vancouver. Stop being Judgmental.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #589
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i have yet to hear a gunshot in East Vancouver (just probably not in the wrong place/wrong time) but as of late I have been hearing more and more sirens pass by my neighborhood (I live off of kingsway).
Big.Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #590
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I have lived in east van for 25 years, never seen or heard or shooting. Ive never seen anyone get stabbed.

Wrong place wrong time. Or your jsut asuming its gun shots... when possibly its a car back firing

www.l2sc.net
FiveDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #591
Retired moderator

^I saw someone get impaled with a pipe when I was 6-7 in Chinatown. I just remember 2 men chasing this guy, he stopped at the stop sign and one of the guys shoved a long metal pipe thing, at that point my family had covered my eyes and I was being carried outta there.

Quote:
So are you saying what I've been hearing the past few years are not fireworks/firecrackers or a car that needs to be badly fixed???

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #592
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
The only ghetto place I lived was in Vancouver. Stop being Judgmental.

Asking a human being to stop being judgemental is like asking the sky to stop being blue.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #593
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Wow.. that's shitty!

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #594
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
Quote:
I have lived in east van for 25 years, never seen or heard or shooting. Ive never seen anyone get stabbed.

Wrong place wrong time. Or your jsut asuming its gun shots... when possibly its a car back firing
LOL! Location: Champlain

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #595
is adopted but doesn't know it. Shh, don't tell him.

Quote:

You must live in the nice side of east van, I've lived in east van for 16 years, and there has been 1 murder, 2 drug raids on grow-ops, and one drive-by shooting all within 2 houses of where i live.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #596
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Vancouver is no where near ghetto. Try living in Hawthorne/Watts near El Segundo and Rosecrans in So. Cali and then come back to this thread.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #597
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
for 15 years in vancity ive never heard gunshots

LOL @ u for moving all the time, are the occasional targetted shootings really bothering you all that bad? i noticed u mentioned all the incidents were targetted so wtf are you worried about? are you afraid some UN members are gonna roll up on you grocery shopping and cap you in the knee caps
let me guess u buy lottery tickets on the regular as well? xD

its one thing to own a gun, but theres only a certain few that will ever have the balls to actually shoot someone point blank range with it, or can actually hit a moving target... who remembers the shootout on westminster in richmond where two parties unloaded rounds and rounds of shots from semi automatics yet no1 was even critcally injured LOL
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #598
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

Let me know if you need a Para
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #599
Retired Mod

Quote:
Asking a human being to stop being judgemental is like asking the sky to stop being blue.
You don't know anything about me so don't assume I am living the ghetto life.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #600
Retired Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
for 15 years in vancity ive never heard gunshots

LOL @ u for moving all the time, are the occasional targetted shootings really bothering you all that bad? i noticed u mentioned all the incidents were targetted so wtf are you worried about? are you afraid some UN members are gonna roll up on you grocery shopping and cap you in the knee caps
let me guess u buy lottery tickets on the regular as well? xD

its one thing to own a gun, but theres only a certain few that will ever have the balls to actually shoot someone point blank range with it, or can actually hit a moving target... who remembers the shootout on westminster in richmond where two parties unloaded rounds and rounds of shots from semi automatics yet no1 was even critcally injured LOL
lol @ you for being a retard. Would you choose to stay in an area where gang fights happen on your front lawn? and shootings occur frequently? Are you going to be a tough guy and do something about that? Sorry bro, I am not down to watch my gf hide in a closet worrying about getting shot while I watch the front door to make sure no one tries anything crazy. That was a real happy day at my house. For 15 years you must of been hiding under a rock, let me guess... you play wow? xD I am not worried about targeted shootings, I am worried about my family. So I do what I have to do. If you cannot respect that then I have nothing else to say to you.

You people amaze me sometimes.