REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #8251
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
OKC in their third uniforms tonight!

Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #8252
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
The fuck you meant beside D'Antoni... Phil is the best candidate... The job is his if he wants it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #8253
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
OKC in their third uniforms tonight!

It says "Thudner", and it looks ugly...

Last edited by bballguy; 11-09-2012 at 05:14 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #8254
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
i lol'd at this one

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #8255
My homepage has been set to RS

i don't know why you guys keep talking about the lakers offence when in fact, their offensive efficiency so far is better than last year, the problem is defence. they are ranked 25th...
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #8256
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
like i said last page, Jerry Sloan will do the trick, he's well respected and he knows how to run a tight ship, and his players always respected him (- D WIll)

I like D'Antoni but that won't work and I don't know if it makes much sense, you only bring in D'Antoni basically for his offensive mind, but Lakers have no problems scoring, it's defense they need work on....

If they could steal a defensive minded assistant a'la Thibbs, that shit would work out like gravy, when Thibbs left Boston's coaching staff and headed the Bulls he turned them into a beast, I'm sure there's gotta be assistants like that somewhere
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #8257
My homepage has been set to RS

so far, it looks like lakers are working a lot harder, they're actually hustling lol..they need a win bad
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #8258
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
i don't know why you guys keep talking about the lakers offence when in fact, their offensive efficiency so far is better than last year, the problem is defence. they are ranked 25th...
i'm just entertaining myself with memes. i figured it's gonna take maybe 1/4 of the season before they all gel together and get on the same page. i'm not losing any sleep over brown's firing though.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #8259

Thunder Unveil New Alt Jersey with Vertical Design | Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.Net News and Blog : New Logos and New Uniforms news, photos, and rumours

Last edited by Mike Oxbig; 11-09-2012 at 09:44 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #8260

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
like i said last page, Jerry Sloan will do the trick, he's well respected and he knows how to run a tight ship, and his players always respected him (- D WIll)
How many primadonnas has Sloan dealt with?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #8261

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
None of that means shit....there is plenty of things that aren't taken into account when it comes to this "efficiency" bs.....

Miami and LA have the same defensive efficiency, how come the Miami is 5-1 and not 1-4?...and do you really think Miami truly has the 22nd worst defense in the league...?....no, probably not...the same way LA hasn't had the 5th best offense in the league...
Old 11-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #8262

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
How many primadonnas has Sloan dealt with?
he hasn't had too because like I said, players do and always have respected him, there's reasons for that....
And there's no primadonnas on the Lakers... Kobe wants to win at all costs doesnt care about anyones feelings, Dwight is just a big goofy kid at worst, not a primadonna

5 potential replacements from Yahoo sports.... lol, bring back Phil ?? shieeeeeeeeeeet

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mike-br...0176--nba.html

REEEEEF !!!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #8263

Quote:
he hasn't had too because like I said, players do and always have respected him, there's reasons for that....
And there's no primadonnas on the Lakers... Kobe wants to win at all costs doesnt care about anyones feelings, Dwight is just a big goofy kid at worst, not a primadonna[/IMG]
Kobe isn't a primadonna? Get real....just because he wants to win, doesn't make him NOT a primadonna....In fact, that's possibly what makes him one...He'd disrespect Phil Jackson by going out and doing his own thing on the court, completely tossing Phil's plans away in the garbage at times...Phil was laid-back and put up with his shit because that's how he was....Sloan won't put up with that shit and he'll just get up and walk away, exactly as he did in Utah...

Best players that Sloan has dealt with is Karl and John, and they were both 100% class acts, and I wouldn't say that Sloan made them that way...

I shouldn't have even responded after reading that you said Kobe isn't a primadonna....vain, arrogant, overestimated sense of self-importance?? Nope, not Kobe!!

Last edited by bballguy; 11-09-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #8264

^ that description of Kobe is dead on..... Kobe from years ago tho....

the Kobe of today realizes he's "too old for any of this shit" and all he cares about now is winning 2 more chips so he can surpass MJ. If you don't see that, a combination of not lookin at Kobe hard enough, or still seeing him as Kobe of years ago.
Only primadonna thing he still does is arrive by helicopter to Staples for games some time when traffic is really bad
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #8265

Right.....I'm going to disagree....on the surface it may seem that way a little bit (though I don't really see it), but I'm not buying it anyway...

Last edited by bballguy; 11-09-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #8266
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Can't believe Knicks r unbeaten
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #8267
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I'm gonna agree with bballguy here. Sloan won't fare well with the Hollywood environment alone, nevermind the stars on this team.

Phil is the man for the job and from the look of it (sources on ESPN NBA), he's up for another hurrah. I'd be so pumped because you know how Phil is. He's excellent at managing superstars (prima donnas) and get the best out of them. And you know he'd only agree to coach if he thinks the team has a shot.

I would be absolutely disappointed if D'Antoni somehow get the job. Guy has never won anything because his philosophy doesn't work.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #8268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
I'm gonna agree with bballguy here. Sloan won't fare well with the Hollywood environment alone, nevermind the stars on this team.

Phil is the man for the job and from the look of it (sources on ESPN NBA), he's up for another hurrah. I'd be so pumped because you know how Phil is. He's excellent at managing superstars (prima donnas) and get the best out of them. And you know he'd only agree to coach if he thinks the team has a shot.

I would be absolutely disappointed if D'Antoni somehow get the job. Guy has never won anything because his philosophy doesn't work.
All signs point to Jackson stepping in, though I'd assume he'd only agree with some arrangement limiting his travel...

I'm going to have to disagree with your D'Antoni statment though....Fact of the matter is that the team that beats them in the playoffs has simply been better than them...They'd been contenders in the West for most of his years in Phoenix and probably would have made the finals that one year had it not been for Stu Jackson retardedly suspending Amare and Diaw for simply standing up from the bench...if you look at the series in which Suns would get eliminated from playoffs, they were almost always the underdogs...He even took the Suns to the conference finals one year without Amare...

Last edited by bballguy; 11-10-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #8269

That Kobe vid there where he says it's my team, it would pass for cockiness and primadonna arrogance, IF he didn't spend half of his life and bring all those chips to that team. He feels entitled to certain things because he busted his ass to earn them with hard work and dedication.
I love his fck the world attitude, but at the same time I can't stand how he's tried to emulate MJ in every single aspect of his life almost. I understand emulating MJ on the court, but almost every single thing he does and says off the court related to his work sounds exactly like not only something MJ would say, but something MJ most likely HAS said himself. And that will get a pass, because a lot of time in pro sports this type of attitude is what it takes to win, and it's win above all.
Strangely enough they sound almost identical as well with a very similar deep sounding voice, close your eyes and swear it's MJ talkin sometimes.

I just don't see Phil coming back at all.... he's accomplished more than enough and has no reason to come back whatsoever, yea win more chips ? who cares, he himself already said he doesn't.
D'Antoni's biggest strength is his offense, and Lakers don't need help on offense they need help on D.
I see Sloan, and I see respected coach, I see he has a Stockton and Malone Version2 in Nash and Dwight and that alone would be enough for most people want him as head coach, I'm one of them...

Lakers won last night against Golden State by scrapping the Princeton and just playin fckin basketball, they kept Curry and Thompson in check so there's a sign their defense has at least for this game answered the call.

Not much goin on tonight game wise except Nuggets, Denver is fun to watch with the players they got, and they goin up against Golden State another good young solid team (the league seems filled with them) think that'll be the game of the night
Old 11-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #8270

well apparently guys from within the Lakers organization have been saying they're almost positive Phil Jackson will be returning.... They're meeting with him today sometime....

I do understand that they sent Phil out in the worst way possible, I remember thinking exactly that as I watched the Lakers get swept by Dallas, capped off by the Bynum elbow to Barea, and I remember looking at Phil's face like, for fcks sake...
And Kobe last night was quoted saying he felt bad he couldn't do much because of his bum knee that year, he did not want to send off Phil out like that...
I hope he stays retired since he's been enjoying his retirement, but looks like he's most likely coming back...
I wonder if the Triangle is coming back too

also shieeeeeeeeeeet, Andre Miller lookin 15 years younger ? wtf seriously, that's Favors too an uber athlete

One outdoor college game got straight up cancelled and another cut at halftime... like really? you idiots didn't see this coming ?
If they did play, shit would look like NBA Live, dudes sliding all over the court like they got skates on, lol

Last edited by G-spec; 11-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #8271
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Sloan being the better coach would not fit in with LA system. I mean if he got pissed off because of the fact Deron ran his own plays in utah, he probably be do the same when kobe becomes kobe later on in the season (+ playoffs). Like what bballguy mention, any coach coming to LA better be laid back when kobe takes over.

having d'anotini coach would make the lakers so much fun to watch x10. But i really dont like his "no defense" philosphy.

Jackson is the best candidate no doubt, but I would very shocked if he came back and coach
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #8272

Quote:
well apparently guys from within the Lakers organization have been saying they're almost positive Phil Jackson will be returning.... They're meeting with him today sometime....

I wonder if the Triangle is coming back too
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
Jackson is the best candidate no doubt, but I would very shocked if he came back and coach

As I stated earlier, right now, all signs are pointing towards Phil Jackson coming out of retirement, and, if he does, you can be sure he's bringing the triangle with him.

Update:
Jackson and Lakers discussing ways that coaching staff can ease some of his responsibilities, such as shoot-arounds, etc. More talk to come.
Jim Cleamons has coaching offer in China, but waiting for direction from Jackson on Lakers, sources tell Y! Cleamons would join Jax's staff.

Lakers will also speak with Mike D'Antoni and Mike Dunleavy in coming days.

Last edited by bballguy; 11-10-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #8273

Don't forget that if the Lakers is looking for a new coach he also needs to have some sort of attraction for Lebron to come to the Lakers. (gasol and kobe salary drop, D12 & lebron UFA in 2013)

Lebron will only go to the Lakers if he knows he has an easy route to a championship ring.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #8274

Jim Buss will have to relinquish quite a bit of control of the organization if they want Phil to come back. Phil has made it clear he wants more than just the head coaching...

we'll see if that asshole Buss JR bows down to the zen master...

Watching Pacers, Washington game... Green already has 2 easy alley oops.... so gotta post this

Old 11-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #8275

Quote:
we'll see if that asshole Buss JR bows down to the zen master...
Jerry will tell dat nigga to bow down.

Last edited by bballguy; 11-10-2012 at 07:44 PM.
This post thanked by: