REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #8151
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
no Chris has not signed yet because he can earn a few more million if he remains unsigned and then signs again after this season. So there's more money on the table, though he hasn't officially signed with the Clips everyone knows he will, it's just a money thing with the new CBA.

Yea by all accounts Bledsoe is a good kid, they all have great chemistry together, he's bought into the Clippers future with the young core it seems, he's not gonna pull a Harden he's not THAT good, lol. The one guy last year who hurt the chemistry was Mo Williams when he started complaining about wanting a guaranteed this n that, so they shipped his ass out.
Chris is the type of guy who glues everyone together and keeps them all in line with his ferocity, and he in turn calls Billups his big bro, while Chauncey is like the OG who just looks at you and you just automatically get in line.

As far as small forward, Butler is still serviceable for at least another 2 years plays well on both ends of the court, and they got a known defender in Barnes at that spot too. They have it covered for now, but they'll need to look at that spot pretty soon. I think they should look for another elite defender there like Barnes in another 2-3 years, they have enough firepower in their starting lineup, they need a guy who can shut down opposing SG/SF's.... like Rudy Gay for example last nights game who was tearing it up, they really needed Barnes to hold him down but he was serving a game suspension.
Advertisement

Last edited by G-spec; 11-01-2012 at 10:59 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #8152
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
What you mean Bledsoe won't be getting enough playing time ? you sayin that because Chauncey is back, a guy who hasn't played in a year is somehow expected to gobble up all of the backup PG minutes ?
Clippers, they don't see Eric as a bench rider, they see him as their future point guard, they're not gonna shelf his development for a walking retiree in Billups. He dropped 13 points last night of 5-9 shooting, with 4 assists & 4 rebounds in 17 mins of play, and that's from a guy whose biggest strength is defense.
He is delivering for them on both ends of the court, and even if you ignore the fact the Clips organization loves this kid, for the first time ever, he is not only getting minutes, but actually getting minutes with the first unit alongside Chris Paul.
Billups' progression has gone a lot better than most people think...he's not a "walking retiree" as you've suggested...He's expected back sometime this month, and he's expected to start at SG.....until then, Crawford and Bledsoe will see a bump in minutes, but after that I don't see Bledsoe getting over 20 minutes per game...

Also, you stated that Bledsoe isn't as good as Harden...Well the Clippers aren't as good as the Thunder either....I can definitely see Bledsoe leaving to a place where a. he will probably receive more money &/or b. he will be the unquestioned starting point guard...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #8153
Need to Seek Professional Help

Figured this might be of some use to you guys. It's a short trial (until Nov. 7)

NBA.com - NBA TV

League pass trial.
Posted via RS Mobile
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #8154
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
If you do not cancel your subscription prior to the conclusion of the Free Trial period (ending Nov 7 at 11:59 PM ET), the payment method you provided will be billed on Nov 8 for CAD$99.99. You may cancel at any time via My Account section.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #8155

Harden wont be missed by the thunder but his beard will!

Martin nailing the 3 to tie it up!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #8156

Russell Westbrook.

Spoiler!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #8157
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Tony parker ftw
Posted via RS Mobile
Pinoy_Crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #8158
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
parker be that nigga
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #8159

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Billups' progression has gone a lot better than most people think...he's not a "walking retiree" as you've suggested...He's expected back sometime this month, and he's expected to start at SG.....until then, Crawford and Bledsoe will see a bump in minutes, but after that I don't see Bledsoe getting over 20 minutes per game...

Also, you stated that Bledsoe isn't as good as Harden...Well the Clippers aren't as good as the Thunder either....I can definitely see Bledsoe leaving to a place where a. he will probably receive more money &/or b. he will be the unquestioned starting point guard...

I love and respect Billups, but he's done.... and that's exactly what I'm talking about around 20 minutes a game for Bledsoe, obviously I didn't mean starter minutes, those are backup PG minutes that he will get this year and continue to deliver now that his confidence is as high as it's ever been.

It would make no sense for Vinny to revert back to Chauncey when he comes back and all of the sudden give him major playing time like last year, it's unfeasible because he won't be in shape not to mention the rust... on top of that, you got both Crawford AND Bledsoe contributing in a major way at those ball handler spots.

What I'm saying is common sense, but then again it's Vinny del fckin Negro, you never know what he'll pull

Parkeeeeerr with teh dagger.... Westbrook cryin like a bebe.... good debut for Martin, obviously nowhere near close Harden's debut, but solid solid stuff
Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #8160

Quote:
I love and respect Billups, but he's done.... and that's exactly what I'm talking about around 20 minutes a game for Bledsoe, obviously I didn't mean starter minutes, those are backup PG minutes that he will get this year and continue to deliver now that his confidence is as high as it's ever been.

It would make no sense for Vinny to revert back to Chauncey when he comes back and all of the sudden give him major playing time like last year, it's unfeasible because he won't be in shape not to mention the rust... on top of that, you got both Crawford AND Bledsoe contributing in a major way at those ball handler spots.

What I'm saying is common sense, but then again it's Vinny del fckin Negro, you never know what he'll pull
I'm not telling you what would make more sense - just what's most likely to happen....and like I said, Billups does not seem like he's "done"....I said the same thing last year (that he was done) after he got injured, but he's progressed very well and will most likely return as the starting SG and will end up getting around 25-30 minutes per game....Crawford will get the same....Paul will get his 35 minutes....that leaves next to no playing time for Bledsoe....and even if he was lucky enough to get 20 minutes, that's not enough playing time to have a 'break-out' season...
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #8161

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Kobe tells Lakers' critics to "Shut Up!" and be patient with the team in terms of learning the new Princeton offence. Black Mamba sticks up for coach Brown. You tell them Kobe!

As expected, it's gonna take the team some time to learn how to play this new offensive scheme. Having said that, I do agree with Kobe that the team must have a greater sense of urgency to learn the Princeton offence and execute it during games.

-better execution in defence is also needed by this team.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012...antmov-2273671

Kobe responds to Lakers critics: Shut up - sportsnet.ca

-Kobe's comments as per the article:

Bryant did bring up a decent point when he said that the Lakers offence may not be to blame as they shot 50 per cent from the field in the loss to the Blazers and destroyed Portland on the boards as well (45-30).

"We're scoring a lot of points, efficiently," Bryant said. "So, I mean, that's not what we're hanging our hats on in terms of why we're losing the games. We're not executing the defence, which has a lot to do with guys not being on the same page and working together."

Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #8162
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Mavericks To Waive Eddy Curry - RealGM Wiretap

McDyess Considering Return To NBA - RealGM Wiretap

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #8163

Quote:
I'm not telling you what would make more sense - just what's most likely to happen....and like I said, Billups does not seem like he's "done"....I said the same thing last year (that he was done) after he got injured, but he's progressed very well and will most likely return as the starting SG and will end up getting around 25-30 minutes per game....Crawford will get the same....Paul will get his 35 minutes....that leaves next to no playing time for Bledsoe....and even if he was lucky enough to get 20 minutes, that's not enough playing time to have a 'break-out' season...

He'll be fine, I called DeAndre Jordan having a breakout season this year and I was dead on from the looks of it, he's already beastin consistently, I'm goin 2 for 2 with Bledsoe I guarantee it.
But he'll get anywhere between 15-20 minutes a game depending on which team they're playing, if it's someone like the Thunder obviously they need Bledsoe on the floor hounding Westbrook's every dribble. Chauncey I have a feeling will be brought back playing full minutes around playoff time, it's when he shines.
But in just 17 minutes of play the other day Bledsoe dropped 13 points 4 assists and 4 rebounds, on efficient shooting.... aaand these numbers would be even higher if he wasn't tasked with shadowing almost full court every possession the opposing teams best and quickest ball handlers every minute he's on the floor.

Clippers are playing the Lakers tonight and afterwards it's Heat vs Knicks
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #8164

Whats wrong with people that have nothing to write about in the media. It takes time sometime half a season or a full season to have things fully clicking. MIA didnt win it the first yr....
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #8165

Wade felt that the heat/knicks game shouldve been postponed like the nets/knicks game in jersey

Wade is planning to donate the equivalent of a game check -- $209,536.59, before taxes -- to relief efforts, a decision he made Friday morning.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #8166

Quote:
He'll be fine, I called DeAndre Jordan having a breakout season this year and I was dead on from the looks of it, he's already beastin consistently, I'm goin 2 for 2 with Bledsoe I guarantee it.
What're you talking about man?....DeAndre had 12 points, with 7 boards, 9 turnovers, and 4 fouls in just 23 minutes of play in the season debut....
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #8167
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
james harden... 45 points. at first i thought harden was trippin when he believed he deserved a max contract... sighh
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #8168
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
lol harden is just murking the game.. jesus fuck 45/7/2 tonight, woo for having him in my fantasy league!!
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #8169

Quote:
What're you talking about man?....DeAndre had 12 points, with 7 boards, 9 turnovers, and 4 fouls in just 23 minutes of play in the season debut....
watch him play before you make your assumptions about him, it's a night and day diff from last season. no more inconsistency in his offense and defense, when he's on the floor he's making a difference every minute, as opposed to last year.

yea turnovers and foul trouble arent gonna be gone in one summer, but his offensive game is legit now, it looks real good... just watch one clipper game this year see Bledsoe and Jordan... they're playing the Lakers right now but it's blacked out though

and this is good news for Bledsoe, Vinny Del Negro was quoted saying earlier today he's frustrated he can't find more minutes for Bledsoe right now since he's playing so well.
So Chauncey when he comes back, looks like he'll be getting the garbage minutes at least for a while... which is how it should be, he should have retired after the achilles tear straight up

Last edited by G-spec; 11-02-2012 at 09:29 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #8170
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Jordan Brand Officially Welcomes Blake Griffin | NiceKicks.com
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #8171
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I'm starting to doubt the Lakers as the favorites to get to the finals
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #8172

they need to make Blake his own signature shoe asap, those Fly's he was rockin ain't cuttin it.... looks like a rejected version of some Jordan Chris Pauls
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #8173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah11 View Post
I'm starting to doubt the Lakers as the favorites to get to the finals
3 games in....

Quote:
watch him play before you make your assumptions about him, it's a night and day diff from last season. no more inconsistency in his offense and defense, when he's on the floor he's making a difference every minute, as opposed to last year.

yea turnovers and foul trouble arent gonna be gone in one summer, but his offensive game is legit now, it looks real good... just watch one clipper game this year see Bledsoe and Jordan... they're playing the Lakers right now but it's blacked out though

and this is good news for Bledsoe, Vinny Del Negro was quoted saying earlier today he's frustrated he can't find more minutes for Bledsoe right now since he's playing so well.
So Chauncey when he comes back, looks like he'll be getting the garbage minutes at least for a while... which is how it should be, he should have retired after the achilles tear straight up
It's hard to understand what you are saying when you are saying a bledsoe is going to "break out" and DeAndre is "beasting".......Maybe we just have completely different definitions of "break out" and "beasting".....

Dayumn, DeAndre 2/3 for 5 points today, what a beast...
Bledsoe with 14 minutes by the way....fact of the matter is that Blesoe is great (everyone knows that) but their simply isn't enough time to around for Bledsoe to truly "break out"....

Last edited by bballguy; 11-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #8174
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Any word on Steve Nash? Didn't want the game but Blake's stats seem like it was useless tonight as usual.
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #8175
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I hope Harden doesnt get injured. He's so fun to watch. Guy just on god mode right now.

Lakers... well, i just dont have any trust in Mike Brown. We'll see though.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote