REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #8351
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-must be a slow news day for TMZ. Anyone get a look at Andrew Bynum's new haircut?

The 'fro looks like a cross between a Chia pet and a mop.
was thinking more of this

Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #8352
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
knicks is killing it. jr smith that nigga playing so much better now.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #8353
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
McGee has higher upside than DeAndre Jordan...don't know why Karl still has him on lockdown....guy has been so efficient in the limited minutes he's been getting...only a matter of time before he turns him loose....

Andre Miller looking like he's 25...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #8354
I subscribe to Revscene

Andre killing it.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #8355
I subscribe to Revscene

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #8356
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
BallGuy, George Karl has stated numerous times that Mozgov is his best big man, McGee is still too raw, but he's gettin better, worked out with Hakeem on his post game a bit over the summer it's starting to show.
I've seen a few Nuggets games this season, I wouldn't say Karl is locking him down, McGee has been running about 20+ minutes a game so far. Karl probably has the most unique roster of any team so right now he's really experimenting to see what gives him the most production.
So far from the games I've seen he's been running a variation of small forward ball, with their athletic forwards Faried, Iggy, Brewer and Gallinari.... not quite small ball which seems to be the craze nowadays, so it's pretty neat seeing this team outplay others that go with small ball, yet enough size and strength to play with bigger teams.
Really fun to watch, I'd say right after the Clippers, Nuggets are easily the second most fun team to watch....
almost forgot, they also have Anthony Randolph, another mobile and very long and athletic type big like McGee, he was supposed to break out in both Golden State and Minnesota, but never happened

good games last night, Knicks are moving the ball well....it's the Jason Kidd effect... him and Felton won that game for the Knicks in the second half with their combined play

check the vid,Keith Bogans with the sleeper hold @ :39 seconds....

also at :31 - :33 seconds you can see how and why almost every single layup in the NBA is a travel, so cut LeBron some slack for the "crab dribble"
no respectable ref calls any travels anymore, the athletes are too fast too inhuman to keep track of it all, so they've decided to just go ahead and call the super obvious ones, the only ones I see called are the feet shuffling of big men down low when they pick up their pivot foot, you can see those with one eye

Last edited by G-spec; 11-16-2012 at 07:19 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #8357
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daval View Post
dam i misread that as "dunks under defender"
watched it the first time and was like ....that's a layup

read the video clip again and was like

still enjoyed the clip though

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #8358

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

also at :31 - :33 seconds you can see how and why almost every single layup in the NBA is a travel, so cut LeBron some slack for the "crab dribble"
no respectable ref calls any travels anymore, the athletes are too fast too inhuman to keep track of it all, so they've decided to just go ahead and call the super obvious ones, the only ones I see called are the feet shuffling of big men down low when they pick up their pivot foot, you can see those with one eye

Keith Bogans Fouls Leandro Barbosa - Celtics @ Nets 11/15/2012 - YouTube
That's not a travel, and the reason why is because he hasn't actually picked up the ball until right before his jump stop. Your 2 steps begin once you've actually picked up the ball, so really every other step before that counted as part of the dribble.

As for McGee, I guarantee you he will see an uptick in minutes as the season progresses. I think Karl is just developing him into a smart player, which will be good for him long term, but he's been very efficient thus far. Last night, he was clearly a game changer in the 4th quarter, made some tough shots that were clearly out of Hakeem's book, getting important offensive rebounds, making key blocks on the other end of the court...and all of a sudden, Karl subs him off....have no idea what his thinking behind it was...like I said, I think Karl is just keeping him in check right now so that he doesn't become a retard again, and his minutes will gradually increase as the season goes on.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #8359
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Would you take McGee over DeAndrea or are they pretty equal>?

Last edited by wasabisashimi; 11-16-2012 at 09:27 AM.
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #8360

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
I
Yeah, totally, couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #8361

yea the layup travel I understand the aspect of pushing the ball ahead then catching up to it, if it's done smoothly then it's fine, but that being the reason why refs don't call it, it's technically a travel as often as it isn't, they can never be sure it's why nba refs let it go.
Just last night I got called for that bullshit, I caught an inbound pass and threw the ball through two guys splitting the double team, obviously hand and ball separate... but all the refs saw was the large dash I used to get through the two defenders, must've been strictly looking at my legs.

Hakeem said about McGee, that he was so amazed by what he saw, that the guy should be dominating the league at that position with the physical tools he possess. I'm sure McGee reminded him of his old teammate Ralph Sampson, another 7 foot + monster

no work today for me so bunch of games on the menu......... this is gonna be a really REALLY good game today, Knicks @ Memphis... I'd give Knicks the edge, but the Grizz are on homecourt, gonna be a close exciting one to the end I can feel it

Last edited by G-spec; 11-16-2012 at 11:02 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #8362

76ers over Jazz
Mavs over Pacers
Magic over Pistons
Thunder over Hornets
Wolves over Dubs
Grizz over Knicks
Hawks over Kings
Blazers over Rockets
Lakers over Suns

Put me down for 50 bucks.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #8363
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

During my BS Report with Steve Kerr on Wednesday (link: B.S. Report: Steve Kerr - The Triangle Blog - Grantland), we were talking about LeBron and MJ and he told a story about the time Darrick Martin trash-talked MJ (and Jordan subsequently went off). Here's the video - it's pretty great.
Bill Simmons

van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #8364

^ oh man, lol, thanks for the vid, good ole days where getting a hoop either meant having a super duper star that could do it by himself, or tic tac toe passing around until you could get a decent enough look at the hoop to shoot it.

NON EXISTENT pick and roll game that today's basketball is almost all about.... times have changed times have changed
Old 11-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #8365

Quote:
NON EXISTENT pick and roll game that today's basketball is almost all about.... times have changed times have changed
wat

Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #8366

^ oh come on dude, no need to get all technical on me, that's a given, everyone knows about those two.... it's one of those sun is yellow (it's actually white) and sky is blue type of things, yes Stockton and Malone deadliest pick and roll game of all time we all know.. other than them back in the day, nobody else was using it to the extent it's being used today.
I was pointing out how much the game has evolved, back then it was all about tic tac toe passing, now it's dribble up court pick n roll away until something good happens

on another note, damn..... Grizzlies are steamrollin teams..... it looks like... as of now and if play continues like this, it's looking like a Clippers and Grizzlies in the Western Conf Finals.... fck Lakers n fck the Thunder
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #8367
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^in ur dreams
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #8368
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Thunder & Lakers all the way!
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #8369
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
It's way too early in the season to start making predictions about the West conference finalists. Yeah, the Clippers have looked good so far. Let's see if this team can keep this momentum going for the entire season heading into the playoffs.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #8370

yah, i'm hoping the pick and roll game gets revamped by nash and d12 but I highly doubt it.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #8371

Quote:
^ oh come on dude, no need to get all technical on me, that's a given, everyone knows about those two.... it's one of those sun is yellow (it's actually white) and sky is blue type of things, yes Stockton and Malone deadliest pick and roll game of all time we all know.. other than them back in the day, nobody else was using it to the extent it's being used today.
I was pointing out how much the game has evolved, back then it was all about tic tac toe passing, now it's dribble up court pick n roll away until something good happens

on another note, damn..... Grizzlies are steamrollin teams..... it looks like... as of now and if play continues like this, it's looking like a Clippers and Grizzlies in the Western Conf Finals.... fck Lakers n fck the Thunder
lol I know, I was just trollin'....Anyway, main reason why the game has evolved from the tick-tack-toe game to the pick 'n' roll and iso game is simply because it was way more difficult to get things done on your own back in the day. Rule changes removing the hand-check, and delay of cross-key helpside zone coverage, along with the addition of the no-charge semi-circle has made it easier to get to the hoop, and we see less of a team-game, and more of a isolation game nowadays.

In my opinion, it's a huge a reason for the extreme lack of parity in the NBA.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:03 AM   #8372

^ I have to agree with most of that. That's why I look forward to March Madness every year more than nba playoffs. So much more team passion.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #8373

trollin in an NBA thread, whaaaaa?.... lol

but yea the two biggest differences from then and now, is yea like you said handchecking, zone n all that... and also the bigger players weren't necessarily bigger taller etc... but they sure played like it.. bigmen played like bigmen and knew to protect the paint, it wasn't a guard's league just yet like today... and guards back then were hesitant going to the hoop knowing they were gonna get smashed, nowadays they can't wait to get to the paint, especially the more elite guards, they know there's an automatic call waiting for them.
That clip you posted of Malone and Stockton, that's exactly why I loved watching the Jazz even though everyone outside Utah didn't like them... they were doing that shit in the league the way it was back then and literally ahead of their time.

Speakin of Malone, I just can't wait for Blake to learn how to shoot midrange like Malone, then we can see Chris & Blake be Stockton/Malone 2.0
it's eerie how similar the stats and percentages look for first 2 years of both Malone and Griffin, I think Blake is gonna end up like Malone in his older age

I know it's early guys to be callin anything, but I'm really liking the way our old Grizzlies are playing and the Clippers too.... I somewhat revel in seeing Lakers struggling though they expected automatic chip... and Thunder screwing up with lettin go Harden yet trying to act non chalant about it
Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #8374
I STILL don't get it

NBA Fantasy Gurus:

Would you trade away Horford for Deng + Glen Davis?
bakasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #8375

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Would you take McGee over DeAndrea or are they pretty equal>?
I'd take McGee for his upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakasam View Post
NBA Fantasy Gurus:

Would you trade away Horford for Deng + Glen Davis?
I'd do it. I think Deng alone, with Rose out, be worth more than Horford. But who would you have to drop from your roster? What are your league settings? standard 9-cat? daily or weekly line-up changes?