REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Something smells real fishy. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575864-something-smells-real-fishy.html)

AsBannedAsItGets 05-15-2009 11:35 AM

Something smells real fishy.

Met this girl through friends so I get her msn and we've been chatting off and on. When I see her online the onus is on me to initiate the conversation because she won't talk to me first. Thats ok cause guys are supposed to be the go getters and resting on your laurels means you're just a chump in most cases.

Last week or so things have gotten too whack to even put into words. The last 3 times I've logged into MSN I see the notification that she comes online only to log off seconds later. Now the first time I could pass it off as connection problems or some other mundane reason. When it happens 3 times consecutively the spidey sense starts goes off. Anyways, today she logged on again and low and behold she pulls the same stunt again. I really want to give her the benefit of the doubt but I don't have a sign on my forehead that says 'SUCKA'. To prove that something indeed is going on I decided to go into invisible mode and see if she would log back in and you don't need to be Nostradamus to predict what happened next.

Should I confront her about this or just ignore her and move on? This seems childish, immature and downright petty.

NSX 05-15-2009 11:48 AM

Youre over thinking it. If you approach her about it, it just makes you look desperate.
And if it is true, it means....she doesnt want to talk to you, but too nice to delete you.

InvisibleSoul 05-15-2009 11:57 AM

Do it again a couple more times to see if the same thing happens to be really sure...

03aspec 05-15-2009 12:02 PM

if you have never met her face to face, or even talked on the phone, don't bother wasting your time to try and confront her about it. just leave her on your list and dont talk to her for a while, then see what happens. by the way, should have gotten her number by now, if you haven't give your head a little shake.

RacePace 05-15-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6424631)
This seems childish, immature and downright petty.

It is, so stop wasting your time with her

q0192837465 05-15-2009 02:23 PM

hahahah, MSN has a tendency to go that. My friend sometimes tell me that I wasnt online while the whole time I'm online. Sometimes my frd just connect & disconnect every couple minutes. U over think things my man

dubzz24 05-15-2009 02:32 PM

If she was making that much of an effort to hide from you why wouldn't she just block you? I'd say you're just reading into it way too much. With the chatting you've been doing have you at least got her phone / fb?

rsx 05-15-2009 02:39 PM

Don't confront, that's just weird and creepy.

Next time you see her just ask for her phone number.

Culture_Vulture 05-15-2009 02:48 PM

I hate using text mediums to communicate with someone of the opposite gender. There's way too much assuming and unexpected twists that you can't observe from behind your computer screen.

If you're still going to talk to her, do it in person.
If not, just leave it. Like you said, it's childish, immature and petty; so if you're trying to beat her at her own game, what does that make you?

-Physixx

AsBannedAsItGets 05-15-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSP (Post 6424644)
Youre over thinking it. If you approach her about it, it just makes you look desperate.
And if it is true, it means....she doesnt want to talk to you, but too nice to delete you.

Why wouldn't she just delete me and be done with it?
The last thing I wanna do is just make things uncomfortable as that is a recipe for disaster. I thought we were cool but I guess not.
She's a really nice girl so I'm willing to bet that she just doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

O well, there's billions of chicks out there. Not gonna get all hung up on 1 girl but I really need to step my game up. I thought I wasn't doing too bad.

Would love to hear a female's perspective on this. What kind of MSN etiquette do you employ on guy's you don't really dig?

miss_crayon 05-15-2009 04:32 PM

if i don't want to talk to someone, i block them or don't even add them in the first place
but if they are on my list, i'm usually in away/busy mode anyways so even if they msged me i wouldn't have to talk to them

maybe she doesn't want to delete you because a person can see whether or not someone has deleted them off of their list and maybe she didn't wanna seem mean.

did you guys talk often before she started acting "fishy?" if not then i say just let it go and move on.

trip 05-15-2009 06:26 PM

you know.. ppl can sign in on invisable mode first that way NO ONE can see them online

Durrann1984 05-15-2009 07:26 PM

just ask for the # first and then see what happens from there
cuz msn is too impersonal

i just hate talking on msn..its just a mind teasing game

is she laughing when she says LOL
am i funny enough
do i spark interest
oh yes she said goodnight to me
yes! she msged me first

damnit!

Vege 05-15-2009 08:06 PM

Like what everyone said, you are thinking way too much. MSN is only good for gathering info such as her phone number if you are uncomfortable asking in person. Call her and ask her to hang out with you and go from there.

ctsport 05-16-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSP (Post 6424644)
she doesnt want to talk to you, but too nice to delete you.

Its so obvious man, and from my experience, girls that like you will always find ways to talk to you.

AsBannedAsItGets 05-16-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6424927)
i
did you guys talk often before she started acting "fishy?" if not then i say just let it go and move on.

We didn't talk a lot. An occasional "hi, hey, hello" here and there. A couple times we had some lengthy conversations. I'm obviously stumped at this change of behavior. I was planning to ask for her number sooner rather than later however in light of this unfortunate turn of events, I guess all is lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsport (Post 6425344)
Its so obvious man, and from my experience, girls that like you will always find ways to talk to you.

I agree. I feel that if a girl is interested in a guy then she would find opportunities to contact him regardless.

I deleted her from my contact list. I didn't block her so if by some miraculous twist of fate she does indeed msg me in the future I'll at least be able to receiver her msg.

Durrann1984 05-16-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6425587)
We didn't talk a lot. An occasional "hi, hey, hello" here and there. A couple times we had some lengthy conversations. I'm obviously stumped at this change of behavior. I was planning to ask for her number sooner rather than later however in light of this unfortunate turn of events, I guess all is lost.

I agree. I feel that if a girl is interested in a guy then she would find opportunities to contact him regardless.

I deleted her from my contact list. I didn't block her so if by some miraculous twist of fate she does indeed msg me in the future I'll at least be able to receiver her msg.

i hope things work out for you man
keep trucking buddy

DragonsMaw 05-16-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6425587)

Pretty much the best way of going about it. Until then move on.

BoneThug 05-16-2009 01:30 PM

why do you care? its msn. kinda childish thing to fuss over.

she's avoiding you. let it go.

or she's not. it really s houldnt be that hard to tell

nabs 05-16-2009 01:51 PM

why wouldn't she just block you? she may just be having msn troubles.

choda 05-16-2009 02:22 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about a girls kitty kat that smelled like fish, epic fail of a thread!

The_AK 05-16-2009 07:02 PM

You should take screen caps of activity when she logs on and off immediately, put together a screen capture album in windows movie maker and post it on youtube. Afterwards, email the youtube link to her and have her watch her own msn activity. At the end of the email, ask the question "Are you avoiding me?"

Then wait for a response. Give it 5 hours. If nothing, email again with youtube link and same question because maybe she didn't get the email the first time. Give 5 more hours and afterwards email "Please respond".

Then next time you see her outside, ask her how she feels your guys' relationship is going. :thumbsup:

Alatar 05-16-2009 08:58 PM

Who cares? If she talks to you, she talks to you. If she doesn't, move on. There are better uses for your time and energy if she doesn't want to either initiate conversation or talk in general.

Inaii 05-16-2009 11:34 PM

I think you should take The_AK's advice. It seems like pretty sound advice to me :)

Seriously? You're going to worry about some girl you barely speak to not messaging you? Wow, grow up. Worry about shit that actually matters, not whether some chick is avoiding you on msn.

impactX 05-17-2009 05:20 AM

Someone feels insecure. Start being a man.

/thread