REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #6076
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
hahaha that thing is hardly a hybrid.

To answer your question - yes, it's very likely they bought the wrong shit sized bike and had to frankenstein it with whatever ghetto shit they could conjure up at a yard sale by trading their vinyl collection for.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:06 AM   #6077
I subscribe to Revscene

lol adjustable stems

it's because the owners bought bikes that don't properly fit them. in that picture as an example, the slammed seatpost, tilted way back seat, 80' stem angle
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #6078
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Mini POLL question gentlemen.

I'm having a set of carbon clinchers built up from my homeland (aka China! Bicycle - Carbon Bike - Bike Wheels - Bike Frames Yoeleo ).

38mm x 25mm front, 50mm x 25mm rear - DT 240 hubs - 20H/24H

Which finish do you think I should go with?

UD Matte or UD Glossy?

I'm leaning towards UD Matte and may put custom ghost black stickers on it.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #6079
I subscribe to Revscene

are these legit, brah?? don't want them delaminating on you bombing down cypress!

i'd go for matte
Old 06-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #6080
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I don't know if I should post this here, but I just picked up this bike and thanks to Skiipi for finding one for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #6081

I've been contemplating china carbon wheels for about 2 years. The reviews have been much more favorable in 2014 till now. The issue that's always surrounded carbon wheels was heat build up on carbon clinchers during prolonged braking (usually down hill), which also applies to top spec carbon brands

At the end of the day, most of the negative experiences about carbon clinchers have been rider error in my opinion. (ex// dragging the brakes going downhill).

The most reputable China carbon companies out there right now are Farsports and Yoeleo Bike. Very well reviewed on bike forums across the internet.

I know personally plenty of club riders in my club that are using China carbon and majority of them have positive experiences, none of them have had a catastrophic failure.

Having said that, I'm not going to go find a 20km descent with 30 switchbacks to test my theory
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #6082
RS controls my life!

UD matte all day for me.

There are definitely some "chinese" carbon rim manufacturers that have a better reputation than others. Farsports, yoleo, light-bicycle are a few of em.

Edit: LOL just realized you typed the same thing in the post about. Friday afternoons....
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #6083

lol. He dton13, which category are you riding in for the tuesday nighters?

I'm finally detaching my vagina and will do the LTR on june 30th and one in july to hopefully ride one of the crits some time in july.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #6084
RS controls my life!

I'm cat 4 for road races, cat 5 for crits. I've only done two cat5 crits and one cat4 crit. I liked the cat4 crit cause it was more like riding in a real pack, huge field so lots of potential contact. Much more challenging, you can't just use power to place. I like the cat5 crit cause its more casual in terms of space and aggressiveness. I feel like its a bunch of guys who aren't serious about racing but are still quite fit. For example last week at UBC some new guys showed up and just torched it. We were faster than cat4 guys and passed the pro 1/2 women.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #6085
RS controls my life!

Let me know when you do come out! I'm going to try and make the remainder of them but work does get in the way some weeks. Racing is super fun.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #6086

Good to know. I had the intention to do the spring series and the crits this year, but decided against it before SS started... and then pretty much every weekend for SS there were crashes.

My buddies have convinced me otherwise tho
Old 06-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #6087
RS controls my life!

I feel like the crashes are more prevalent in higher cats (except for maybe cat4). I did two RR's in spring, just stay in the break and you're good
Old 06-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #6088
RS controls my life!

^the Madone looks like the previous Venge. The New Venge looks like the current TMR01...
distanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #6089
RS controls my life!

Surprisingly the Trek didn't go with the dropped stay...the amount of aero bikes that don't have that dropped seat stay is slowly dwindling. I'm sure its not a coincidence. The TMR, felt AR, S5, aeroad, new venge, etc.

Here's sagan riding a properly sized venge:
Old 06-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #6090

Received my ribble order. Ordered a kmc silver chain but received a gold one lol

Old 06-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #6091
Need my Daily Fix of RS

when is next crit? i would like to come take a look
aalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #6092
RS controls my life!

I was just debating between getting a gold or silver chain too. I'm not the type to keep my drivetrain super clean so I thought the gold would be a waste haha.

aalex - Escape velocity puts on a tuesday night crit that alternates between South Burnaby and UBC. Tomorrow its in south bby. World Tuesday Night Championships | Escape Velocity

There's also a thursday night crit in Richmond which I've never been to.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #6093
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
The ones at Glenlyon are fun! My office use to be in that area so I'd leave work and see a whole ton of people cheering on racers
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #6094

Suffered my first cycling specific injury lol... that, or I'm getting old! (no didn't crash just a sore knee hah)

Rode Squamish to Whistler return this saturday, and when I arrived in Whistler my right knee was throbbing / had sharp pain on the inside bottom of my knee cap.

Ended up riding back to Squamish on pretty much my left leg. Totally stiff saturday night, sunday and today. Limping around but getting more mobile.

Never experienced that before, gonna go get checked out shortly.

It was sooooo windy on Saturday, the crosswinds were insane. I rode my 65mm enves and it was intense. Topped out at 76km/hr downhill around the alice lake area. Was scary fast and the wind would feel like it grabs a hold of you. So awesome!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:24 AM   #6095
RS controls my life!

that's shitty dude, hope it isn't anything too serious and hopefully some R&R will do the trick.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #6096
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dton13 View Post
I was just debating between getting a gold or silver chain too. I'm not the type to keep my drivetrain super clean so I thought the gold would be a waste haha.

aalex - Escape velocity puts on a tuesday night crit that alternates between South Burnaby and UBC. Tomorrow its in south bby. World Tuesday Night Championships | Escape Velocity

There's also a thursday night crit in Richmond which I've never been to.
Yeah, the start line is right in front of my office (Glenlyon). I'll leave the thumbtacks in strategic places for you. And then I'll be the guy at the next corner selling inner tubes. hahaha
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #6097

For anyone that's a kit whore like me, black sheep cycling just released a limited release jersey and bib combo. They are produced once and then retired.

https://blacksheepcycling.cc/store/thevelobybsc/
Old 06-24-2015, 07:59 AM   #6098
I subscribe to Revscene

how's the quality on their gear? $140usd for a set of bibs is a steal
Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 AM   #6099

I've seen only 1 person locally have their kit, appeared pretty nice! Graphics are sublimated so it won't ever rub off. Sizing appears to run one size down.

I'm a medium in rapha pro team, and can squeeze into small classics.

Blacksheep's sizing guide says that I'm a small in their line. So measure yourself accordingly.

From experience, I think the only 'negative' I can see about their bibs is the elastic cuff at the bottom of the thigh opening. Their design resembles Sugoi's RSE bib shorts, which I do not prefer. The RSEs elastic gripper over time wears out in the way that it loses its elasticity and stops hugging the bottom of your thighs. I prefer some sort of elastic band but that's all personal preference. Some people are sensitive to elastic bands with rubberized grips, so those who are sensitive may like the blacksheep/sugoi design more.

As long as you don't wash your good stuff in a machine, it will last a long time. Always hand wash ur expensive bits
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 AM   #6100
I subscribe to Revscene

castelli does that with their bibs too and i've noticed that they don't hug my thighs as well now. probably due to the fact that they've shrunk compared to last season...but that's nothing a tub of chocolate hagen-daas, a box of wine, netflix and my frail emotions can't fix.
This post thanked by: