REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #6276
dru
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I've got some goodies for sale, folks.

Shimano 105 10-speed Partial Groupset
Left and Right shifters
Front and rear derailleurs
Front and rear brakes (Tektro)
10-speed cassette
Chain

Condition - 9.5/10 like new
Mileage - Less than 300km if even?
No crankset

Asking price - $250 or best offer? (not sure what's fair)
Interested in the 105 groupset - sent PM!
Advertisement
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #6277
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Short rip out to QE from my house. Debating whether to head around the seawall or not.

KDMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #6278
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Anyone know a local bike shop that carries Castelli Nanoflex Armwarmers, Knee Warmers, Leg warmers?
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #6279
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Also looking into some arm warmers, these morning commutes to work are getting colder.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:18 AM   #6280
I subscribe to Revscene

I would have thought you'd have Rapha arm warmers brah. none of this peasant ass casetelli business lol
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #6281

LOL... can't deny Castelli nanoflex stuff, it's pretty good. Rapha DID come out with their version which were the Softshell armwarmers and knee warmers, but they were recalled shortly after release and taken off the website. #raphafailed
Old 08-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #6282
I subscribe to Revscene

MEC has them:

Castelli Nanoflex Arm Warmers (Unisex) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #6283

Yea spotted that, but they don't carry them in store... I wanted to try them on b/c castelli sizing is fucked up.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #6284
I bringith the lowerballerith

Looks like sram is now in electronic game

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:09 AM   #6285

Coupon code for Ribble "WIN15" gives you 15% off 2016 castelli stuff. Ribble already has smoking hot deals on Castelli.

Gabba jersey anyone!? One of the most favored jerseys in the pro peloton for foul weather gear.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #6286

Whistler Fondo question, I'm not "doing" it this year, in terms of registering for it.

But I may ride the course the same day same time, b/c I have a ride back from whistler.

Question is though, do you know if there are "marshals" on the course that would care?

I don't think so right? Its a public road and technically it isn't "closed", only closed in certain sections to vehicle traffic.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #6287
I subscribe to Revscene

ride along and flip off the marshals as you roll by them with steady eye contact
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2015, 10:50 AM   #6288

Sell the following items if anyone is interested.

Brand New - Rapha Aerosuit, Merino Mesh Baselayer, Softshell Baselayer

Brand new Rapha Aerosuit - Medium - $264.00
Brand new Rapha Thermal Bib Shorts - Green Logo - Medium - $292.00
Brand new Rapha Merino Mesh Baselayer Short Sleeve - Small - $73.00
Brand new Rapha Softshell Baselayer - Medium - $84.00

These items I just received this week, but will be refunding to Rapha if it can't be sold for the price I just paid for them. Some of these items are now SOLD OUT on their website. Prices listed are the Sale Prices + Tax. Prices are firm as I can receive a full refund.

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 08-28-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #6289
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Whistler Fondo question, I'm not "doing" it this year, in terms of registering for it.

But I may ride the course the same day same time, b/c I have a ride back from whistler.

Question is though, do you know if there are "marshals" on the course that would care?

I don't think so right? Its a public road and technically it isn't "closed", only closed in certain sections to vehicle traffic.
You sir, will be labelled a Bandit. Personally, I think it's unethical and unfair to the registered participants. Yes, you can justify it all you want in your head;, public road, etc...but the course is closed for a reason, #1 being for the safety of registered participants.
Obviously, no, if a race marshal saw you, most likely they wouldn't know or care. Most are just volunteers. I've done over 300 races, and not once would I consider running in one without registering. A couple of reasons, being insurance (if you get hurt or injured during the event), and secondly, part of your registration fees usually goes towards a good cause or foundation.
Other reasons I would say no is, what if you had an accident? Would you expect the first aid team or marshals to help you? What if you took out other riders, or got in their way? If they knew you weren't a registered rider, I don't think they would feel happy about it, if you're taking up resources (first aid, support, food, etc) that they paid for.

The #1 Reason Not to Bandit a Race | Run to Win

In the end, nobody is going to stop you if you decide to ride it, it's your personal choice and a question of ethics.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:22 AM   #6290
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
I'll spare the details but me and GREddie did the Fraser Valley Prospera Gran Fondo. Despite being registered, we were late and were asked by the race marshal not to ride with our tags.

Surely enough, we were spotted multiple times throughout the ride and had to explain our situation. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure we would have been pulled from the ride. YMMV.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:32 PM   #6291
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
ride along and flip off the marshals as you roll by them with steady eye contact
I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic....but in case you're not....WHY? The marshals are most likely VOLUNTEERS, who are probably there because they either love cycling themselves or they're there supporting riders who are friends and family. They are in place to keep riders SAFE and on course and to call in medical if need be. Who are you to ruin their day?! If this happened, why would they want to volunteer again? These events cannot happen without the help of many volunteers.
azncreationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #6292
RS Veteran

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 08-31-2015, 08:22 PM   #6293
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Anybody else doing the fondo this year?
henry604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:41 PM   #6294

Thanks for the "ethical" response lol u seem very serious so I'll keep my comments to myself

henry604, not going to register for it this year. The event has gone to shit in terms of swag. Last year was the dog shit worst. You didn't get any swag except a shitty saddle bag. After the race, there wasn't even bars, recovery drinks/food, dry fruit, wafers, they didn't hand out sandals, no swag bag, nothing. They had 1 tented table area where they had bananas and that was it. And i finished in 4 hours so they definitely didn't run out of anything.

This year, all their emails kept on hyping that they have more free stuff to give away, but i think a lot of folks have a shit taste in their mouth and are passing for other events
Old 09-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #6295
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
The rides to work these past couple of days have been horrible. I refuse to put a fender on a road bike but I keep getting these skid marks up my ass and back. What are your thoughts on having a fender on? Look cool without one but look like you sharted yourself upwards? or have one and look like a dork but be slightly drier? Man, I hate riding in the rain and damp roads.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #6296
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by azncreationz View Post
I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic....but in case you're not....WHY?
very much so, breh....easy...
Old 09-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #6297
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Thanks for the "ethical" response lol u seem very serious so I'll keep my comments to myself
You have my blessing. I say go for it. Ethics are for conformists.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:52 AM   #6298
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
The rides to work these past couple of days have been horrible. I refuse to put a fender on a road bike but I keep getting these skid marks up my ass and back. What are your thoughts on having a fender on? Look cool without one but look like you sharted yourself upwards? or have one and look like a dork but be slightly drier? Man, I hate riding in the rain and damp roads.
You can get the plastic removable ones which you can snap on/off very easily. I forget what they're called (ass savers or something?) for a reasonable price.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #6299
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Anyone have any bike trainer tire recommendations?
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #6300
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
Anyone have any bike trainer tire recommendations?

The one I use on mine is the Schwable Insider but it came with the wheel that was included with the trainer I bought off someone from craigslist. Worked great the one time I used it.

Since we are nearing the fall/winter months, I came across an app that will connect with your speed/cadence sensor and will train you based on your power or FTP. They have training plans available and plenty of workouts to choose from, depending on what you want to get out of your training. I love how they take the guesswork and monotony out of indoor cycling. Check it out TrainerRoad

Did the Ride to Conquer Cancer last weekend and Saturday was by far the worst conditions I had ridden. Day started out just pissing rain and when we got to Seattle we were welcomed by a windstorm. They eventually cancelled the rest of the ride for Saturday because people were getting hurled around and hit with branches and debris. Did a video montage of the ride for anyone who cares to see.

Last edited by tomatogunk; 09-01-2015 at 05:11 PM.
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: