REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

u should of just held her hand since she knows that u like her already

TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #27
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
^
THIS

It's not going to turn an introvert into an extrovert. But it'll give a shy boy a fighting chance.

Having a job that forces you to talk to random stranger, puts you in a situation where you are forced to learn to make small talk. You're not going to make a sale with awkward silence.
+1
I worked at Best Buy for a year when I was a punk teen. I used to be pretty shy but retail definitely helps open up. Another thing that helps, when you go to bars force yourself to walk up to any stranger and start talking to them. The worst thing they can do is tell you to go away.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
the most important thing is humor... not perverted humor.. haha...

think of something funny you saw at work, and tell her... MAKE HER laugh... once you do that, she will be eating out of your hand in no time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Rs200 View Post
lol the problem with this is.... IF she has no interest, he will go down faster then a sinking ship.. so you cant move to fast..
Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #29
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
^
THIS

It's not going to turn an introvert into an extrovert. But it'll give a shy boy a fighting chance.

Having a job that forces you to talk to random stranger, puts you in a situation where you are forced to learn to make small talk. You're not going to make a sale with awkward silence.
That's exactly what I mean.

My crappy retail jobs I seriously have to thank for bringing me out of my shell and teaching me to talk to people of every walk of life in all sorts of situations.

Also Starbucks which taught me how to manage grumpy caffine deprived people and make them smile even when they didn't want to.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #30
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD Rs200 View Post
I'd go with this idea. Just get it done, and don't stretch this out. My experience has been to move in for the kill, right away. If you're gonna get rejected, it's better to get your hand pushed away than end up in friendzone. If you've liked this girl for awhile, then you may already be too late.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvs View Post
i dont know, perhaps just ask her if she wants to be your gf?, instead of behaving like a beta

if she saids yes then good for u, if no then just move on and be friends like 2 adults
This happens all the time in HS which is why there are always these 2 week relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegglez View Post
Confidence my friend, is the key. Chicks dig it. Humor too. That's all I needed 8)
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah and be a little bit of an ass too. You can't be a laydown and be her bitch. That would make it too easy for her and she's gonna get bored of you real quick. It's true when they say nice guys finish last.

You seem pretty shy and she does too. Go watch a movie and put your arm around her and if shes ok with that then hold her hand. See how she reacts.
If she's not ok with that, you'll know pretty quick and you can just back right off.

ahhhhh the good ol high school days.....I miss them.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #32
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
move on..... since you're only in your teens.. meeting a girl is way easier
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Its awkward because IT IS awkward. Simply just address it. Say "Hey i know since (your friends name) told you i liked you that things are seemingly awkward between us now, buts it hardly true....for now, and i just want to get to know you better"
Posted via RS Mobile
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

OP, if you guys are speaking to each other in sentences every 2-3 minutes and she's texting while you're just standing there as her cup holder, it's not the makings of a good relationship or even a relationship for that matter. BTW, speaking 2-3 lines every 2-3 minutes really isn't a conversation if it's just random banter.

Unless you guys can talk more and hold more of an actual conversation, you have no chance, bud. Like someone else said, she ain't that into you otherwise she'd show at least some signs of it even as a friend.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #35
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i don't think that bumping into her friends at the mall was a coincidence...

"Nothing beats the feeling of taking a good poo..."
i_eat_r1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: