REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #51
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Bit off topic but that hanh champion guy has a e46
Advertisement
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

start going to a gym
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordCouped View Post
Do not recommend doing cardio while bulking. Why? you need excess calories to put on size and by doing cardio you are just burning the calories off. Sure you may improve your cardiovascular system and what not but if you're main focus is trying to put on weight then I suggest dont do it. You can do all the cardio you want when you cut. Trust me

Also, don't think because you're doing cardio,you're going to burn fat and put on muscle at the same time. It doesnt work that way, in order to put on mass you need an excess of calories and to burn fat you need a deficit. They dont go hand in hand, thats why everyone either bulks then does a cut, or cut then bulk. Depends where your body is at
While that is very true, just keep in mind that cardiovascular endurance decreases at a much faster rate than muscular strength. The guys who bulk for a couple months with no cardio will have lost most if not all their cardio endurance when they were cutting.

It is possible to lose fat and gain muscle, its just slower than bulking/cutting, but nonetheless possible.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #54
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
used quickmass and recieved a gain of roughly 20 pounds in a 3-4 month period. taken 3 times a day and working out 5 days a week. after that i tried mammoth mass and that stuff was absolute shit, makes you fart and have mad diarrhea (and received no gains whatsoever). and now i've moved on to muscle juice revolution, so far it goes down the best, doesn't chunk up and doesn't make you feel bloated. the guy at popeye's said the main selling point was that it has less sugar and the protein that's used doesn't make you feel bloated.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #55
How I Mod your mother

^Mammoth tastes like shit, I dont even know how its even on the market.
Did you gain alot of fat while on gainer?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #56
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I don't know..3x a day? I'd rather make those meals.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #57
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
^Mammoth tastes like shit, I dont even know how its even on the market.
Did you gain alot of fat while on gainer?
not really sure if i gained alot of fat cuz i'm pretty lanky to begin with, but it did help with my weight training

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I don't know..3x a day? I'd rather make those meals.
I was already eating 4 meals a day during that time. imo it was easier to force down the weight gainer than trying to stuff my face, but thats just personal preference
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #58
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
any increase in calories will help with training, plus if it is coming from carbzzzzzz
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #59
I don't get it

just an update:
im at 138 lbs now, 13 lbs more than i was 2 and a half months ago. its getting harder to gain compared to the beginning, but i'm still steadily adding weight.
thanks for all the information when i just started everyone! appreciate it
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #60
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Are you working out or anything?

Muscle mass is the heaviest and it looks good so you should go to the gym and work out (:

Workout, Drink Whey and Eat a bit more than maintenance and you're good to go!
SpeedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #61
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I used to be in the same situation as yourself, skinny, high metabolism and very tough to gain weight.

First off, stop doing cardio. It costs 3500 calories to gain a pound. Eat, eat and eat. Try to eat 5 meals a day rather than 3 big meals. Instead of drinking water, drink milk or juice for those extra calories. Don't forget to hit up the gym or else you'll just get fat lol.

I went from 5"7 @ 135 pounds to 150 pounds through eating a lot, working out, and weight gainer protein.

FUN FACT: Sumo wrestlers eat a HUGE meal and after the feast, they take a nap because when energy is not used, it will be stored as fat for later use!

Last edited by LaidbacK; 03-31-2011 at 10:49 PM.
LaidbacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:34 PM   #62
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
what are compound exercises?
a compound exercise is one that incorporates the use of more than one muscle. one example is a squat, which activates your hamstring, quads and calves as well. compound exercises are great for gaining weight and overall muscle weight.

honestly, i was in your shoes. i am 5'11 and i weighed 145. i started working out 3-5 times a week, all exercises focusing on lifting heavy. i did not do cardio as it burned too many calories. you only gain weight by having a positive calorie intake (meaning you eat more than you burn).

i started out eating 5-6 meals a day (this could be yogurt, cookies, mass gainer, nuts and milk) and i also took mass gainer after most gym sessions.

i am currently sitting at 163. although i have gotten a bit of a gut, i can see a definite increase in my muscular strength and appearance.

in summation:

-lift heavy. your exercises should be around 6-8 reps as heavy as you can, for 2-3 sets per exercise.

-eat often, but focus on eating healthy and wholesome foods. choose brown rice and whole grain breads over white bread and white rice. choose to eat a baked potato over noodles. choose chicken breast over pork.

-when you lift weights, do not neglect your legs! by working out your legs you are stimulating your testosterone more than by working out your upper body. this increased level of testosterone will in turn help you recover and grow larger muscles faster.

-and the most important. DISCIPLINE. Do not be discouraged if you do not see results in a week. Heck even a month! Keep eating and keep exercising. If you are constantly eating and going to the gym often (and push yourself hard!) there is NO REASON why you would not get stronger and ultimately Bigger!

-and finally: diet is 80% and exercise is 20%. focus on eating. Never feel hungry but never feel full. the goal is to always be comfortable, which allows you to maximize daily caloric intake.

Work hard my friend, and you will reach your goals!

-Clint

"The value of life can be measured by how many times the soul has been deeply stirred"- Soichiro Honda
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #63
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonpoon88 View Post

-when you lift weights, do not neglect your legs! by working out your legs you are stimulating your testosterone more than by working out your upper body. this increased level of testosterone will in turn help you recover and grow larger muscles faster.

-Clint
I heard that many times but really does this really help?

Squats (leg exercise) cause a release of testosterone and growth hormone in the body during exercise, lasting until immediately afterward, then dissipating back to normal levels (Int J Sports Med. 1991 Apr;12(2):228-35). There isn't a lasting increase in these anabolic hormones (meaning, during periods of time where protein synthesis and muscle hypertrophy are actually occurring, anabolic hormone levels will be normal), and there have been no long-term studies on the affects of regular squatting and deadlifting in bodybuilders.

Growth hormone can be temporarily increased in the body from holding your breath or hyperventilating (Int. J. Sports Med. 7:311-315. 1986 ), should bodybuilders start believing this will make a difference in their physique?

A short anabolic response to exhaustive exercise doesn't mean you're now a super muscle building machine and all your muscle groups are gonna start blowing up, and it doesn't mean it can magically make you gain bodyweight.
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #64
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
"boosting testosterone" is not the reason you should need to work your legs.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
"boosting testosterone" is not the reason you should need to work your legs.
I would most definitely agree with you on this one. However, my point is that many believes working out your legs would magically boost testosterone thus helping you to get bigger faster when there's no scientific proof supporting this.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #66
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook79 View Post
I would most definitely agree with you on this one. However, my point is that many believes working out your legs would magically boost testosterone thus helping you to get bigger faster when there's no scientific proof supporting this.
Squats involve a fair amount of core strength, high core strength can translate to bigger numbers in other areas due to increased stability. It's pretty fair to assume that gaining strength anywhere on your body will be nothing but advantageous to your training.

Plus you won't look goofy with big shoulders and no legs, and working out your legs gives you a high no other muscle group matches.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:13 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Squats involve a fair amount of core strength, high core strength can translate to bigger numbers in other areas due to increased stability. It's pretty fair to assume that gaining strength anywhere on your body will be nothing but advantageous to your training.

Plus you won't look goofy with big shoulders and no legs, and working out your legs gives you a high no other muscle group matches.
yes exactly! I love doing squats for this reason, not in a hope that it'll magically boost testosterone or HGH as many people believes or were misled to believe
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #68
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedZ View Post
Are you working out or anything?

Muscle mass is the heaviest and it looks good so you should go to the gym and work out (:

Workout, Drink Whey and Eat a bit more than maintenance and you're good to go!
yeah im doing ss
PUPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #69
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Im in the same situation. Sitting at 6' and 125lb. I know I'm considered pretty bad, but its not my choice and it runs in the family to be skinny. I'm sick and tired of being small and not being able to wear jeans because of my skinny waistline and long legs. No pair of jeans in the average market will fit me easily.

I need someone to point me in the right direction as to which mass gainer to take, cost, and how much it costs. I personally don't want to take it up until this point, because I'm afraid fat will gain at wrong places. I'm also looking to increase bone mass, waste size, face fat/cheek bones, and of course muscle mass. Also another thing is if I need protein shakes.

Lately I have been off track, but my body still has its structure because I have worked out regularly as an amateur in the past, and I also have had intense training in badminton. If anyone knows about badminton, it's all about 70% stamina/cardio vs 30% strength. I'm also more of pinner person because of my training and I rarely work on legs because badminton takes care of that.

Plan 1) was to go to the oval and do some research to do stuff in better form and how to work out. Also how much to take protein shakes or shakes in general. I love the oval and I won't go anywhere else because it's worth the money and the investment in the facilities. It will be great if someone could literally guide me at the oval, sort of like a mentor, but I know that can't be always the case

Plan 2) was to go to TCC and get a personal trainer (cheaper I believe) to know all the good forms and proper way to work out, then when I have the knowledge after a month, I move to the oval because I still like it there.

Obviously Plan 1 is cheaper if someone could help me out and it would help a lot. I'm pretty serious about this and I'm ready to take on whatever it costs to show some real good results, but also to get things as low costs as possible because I will be paying everyone alone
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #70
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

^ I go to the oval regularly and tcc I could help you out!PM me
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #71
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
Im in the same situation. Sitting at 6' and 125lb. I know I'm considered pretty bad, but its not my choice and it runs in the family to be skinny. I'm sick and tired of being small and not being able to wear jeans because of my skinny waistline and long legs. No pair of jeans in the average market will fit me easily.

I need someone to point me in the right direction as to which mass gainer to take, cost, and how much it costs. I personally don't want to take it up until this point, because I'm afraid fat will gain at wrong places. I'm also looking to increase bone mass, waste size, face fat/cheek bones, and of course muscle mass. Also another thing is if I need protein shakes.

Lately I have been off track, but my body still has its structure because I have worked out regularly as an amateur in the past, and I also have had intense training in badminton. If anyone knows about badminton, it's all about 70% stamina/cardio vs 30% strength. I'm also more of pinner person because of my training and I rarely work on legs because badminton takes care of that.

Plan 1) was to go to the oval and do some research to do stuff in better form and how to work out. Also how much to take protein shakes or shakes in general. I love the oval and I won't go anywhere else because it's worth the money and the investment in the facilities. It will be great if someone could literally guide me at the oval, sort of like a mentor, but I know that can't be always the case

Plan 2) was to go to TCC and get a personal trainer (cheaper I believe) to know all the good forms and proper way to work out, then when I have the knowledge after a month, I move to the oval because I still like it there.

Obviously Plan 1 is cheaper if someone could help me out and it would help a lot. I'm pretty serious about this and I'm ready to take on whatever it costs to show some real good results, but also to get things as low costs as possible because I will be paying everyone alone
Easier to workout with a friend who know what they are doing. Why spend money on a trainer when you can get information for free? There is the internet, peers and people at the gym that can easily help you out. I am currently on a weight gainer too, Ultimate Nutrition's isomass: xtreme weightgainer. I got a tub of 10 pounds for 80$ at xfuel on boundary. It contains creatine, gulamine and significant amount of protein for me to get it. I had a friend who used to take it and I decided it may work for me too. I started out at 5'8 140 pounds and 3-4 weeks later, I am at 155 pounds with big gain in muscle and weight. There are plently of websites to help you out, as example: http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-gain-m...-same-time.htm, and the bodybuilding forums. Each day of workout should focus on a specific muscle, my routine is: Back, Chest + Tris, Arms(Bi,Tris+Forearm), Legs, Shoulder + Abs, and sometimes cardio.
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #72
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
I used to be like you guys, thinking it was necessary to take weight gainer in order to gain weight. Really, it's not the case. Eating real food is an absolute better idea than weight gainer shakes.

Eat pasta, beef, chicken, potatoes, etc.

However, if you insist on taking weight gainer, just remember it's a supplement to real food, not a replacement.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I used to be like you guys, thinking it was necessary to take weight gainer in order to gain weight. Really, it's not the case. Eating real food is an absolute better idea than weight gainer shakes.

Eat pasta, beef, chicken, potatoes, etc.

However, if you insist on taking weight gainer, just remember it's a supplement to real food, not a replacement.
Exactly. Gorging yourself on corn starch can not be good for your body in so many ways.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #74
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanks. First on the agenda is buying the gainer. I'll get the protein later from food or juice, then I'll see if I can afford protein shakes as well. Then nearing the end of the month I'm going to sign up for the continuous pass for Oval and see how that will turn out
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #75

After all these people tell you it's a bad idea, the FIRST ON YOUR AGENDA is to do it... Go you

Here's an idea, instead of eating a 500 calorie gainer where most of the calories are from unhealthy starch and bad oil, go buy a flat of coconut milk in small cartons, several jars of different nut butters, a few bottles of fish oil, and some protein blends (not pure whey, get blends). If you match the calories with these ingredients, you will gain weight just as well (if not better), have more energy, better blood profile (lower cholesterol) and won't fuck up your metabolism.

That covers the supplement part. The rest is up to you - eat high quality, non-lean meat all the time, with lots of veggies and veggie juice.

And don't join a gym with the intention of "seeing how it will work out". Join the gym, find a good mass program, and work out like a fucking boss.