REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #251
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
But i am curious, im sure most of you guys have been to whistler/big white and cypress before. so does that mean when you decide to go to cypress it is because of the convenience, distance, and the mindset of "yea it'll do" rather than because you actually like the mountain?
cypress for "big mountain" experience
seymour for park n fun stuff
grouse.... well... they're expensive, but it's awesome at night because of the view.

they're all relatively close. my car can't make it all the way into the interior during winter
Advertisement
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #252
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post

But i am curious, im sure most of you guys have been to whistler/big white and cypress before. so does that mean when you decide to go to cypress it is because of the convenience, distance, and the mindset of "yea it'll do" rather than because you actually like the mountain?
no such thing as "yea it'll do" for me.

it's always been about the convenience, and the proximity of the hills that allowed me to progress and get to the point where i'm comfortable.

where else can you go right after work, get your anger out on some snow and then drive home minutes later. I don't know of many places that offer that.

No where else in the world has living conditions like Vancouver, and no where else in the world has epic resorts within few short hours of driving [sure there are some, but i'm not about to think of where they are]

yes, vancouver is pricey to live in, but then again, it's a world class city filled with awesome! Then you have the beach just steps from the city, and mountains just beyond that.

I can't complain, but i know some people will.

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #253
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Who hits up seymour regularly now?
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #254
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Hey anyone going to Cypress tonight. Ill be up there with a buddy for the night owl pass starting at 5pm. Look for me in the pic if you're gonna be there, later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bean Snowboarding.jpg (46.5 KB, 0 views)
Beantang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #255
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Icey as a mofo enjoy.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #256
I STILL don't get it

runs at cypress were really icy last sunday, i can only imagine how bad it is now...

god i hope mother nature takes a big dump on that whole mountain so i have something to look forward to...
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #257

Came back just earlier. Certain runs had icy patches, but it was clear skies with no lines. So i cant complain. As for the next time I go, i think ill wait for some new snow.
Beantang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #258
My homepage has been set to RS

It's funny hearing people complain about icy conditions or whatever. I'm in Germany right now in the Alps waiting for the snow to come so I can start working. It snowed a few days ago and they MIGHT open a bit tomorrow but all over the Alps (France, Austria, Switz, Ger) is shit right now.

And in response to the above question. I usually ride the Vancouver locals after work or when I want to go ride for a few hours on the weekend. But normally on Saturdays and Sundays I go to either Whistler or Baker. It's a 1.5hr drive for me to either so I usually check who got more snow when I wake up at like 5AM and go there. Personally, I think the locals are shit for snow conditions and terrain. I have way more fun riding Baker or Blackcomb. But I love trees, hate groomers and could care either way for bowls.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #259

I'm thinking of getting a revers camber board. I want the skate bananna, but lib tech boards are really expensive here in Europe. Anyone here have exp. with the burton "vrocker" boards? I want an all mountain board... something good for powder/trees with a bit of jibbing but not too much.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #260
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
I'm thinking of getting a revers camber board. I want the skate bananna, but lib tech boards are really expensive here in Europe. Anyone here have exp. with the burton "vrocker" boards? I want an all mountain board... something good for powder/trees with a bit of jibbing but not too much.
for freeriding, and powder and trees, I suggest that you go with a hybrid camber, or a flat camber board.

You want a little bit of pop for those needs to get out of a situation, and you still want that floatation for the lighter snow.

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #261
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

What is it with Vancouver!! When its cold its always dry!!
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangruver View Post
for freeriding, and powder and trees, I suggest that you go with a hybrid camber, or a flat camber board.

You want a little bit of pop for those needs to get out of a situation, and you still want that floatation for the lighter snow.
I've done a bunch of reading today, and it seems like the Never Summer Proto is right up my alley. Which is what you describe. Rocker with camber on the tips. It's getting rave reviews. However they are priced way above NA prices here in Europe. 699eur ($930CAD) VS. 529USD on online shops.. And no online shops I've found ship overseas.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #263
Better safe than Surrey

Cool ski video filmed in Trail BC:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #264
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Hittin up whistler on friday wih a buddy, weow.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #265
LYC
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
I've done a bunch of reading today, and it seems like the Never Summer Proto is right up my alley. Which is what you describe. Rocker with camber on the tips. It's getting rave reviews. However they are priced way above NA prices here in Europe. 699eur ($930CAD) VS. 529USD on online shops.. And no online shops I've found ship overseas.
Dude look in to volkl. They are a European company that seems to make decent boards. I've got a couple friends who swear by them and they've held up to the abuse my friends have put them through. They are relitivly cheap when you compare them to burton or libtech.
Posted via RS Mobile
LYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #266

Anyone going to seymour tomorrow?
Old 12-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #267
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

my license got taken away, and there's no way im taking public transit all the way from slurrey. otherwise i would
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #268

I'll be going in an hour or so.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #269

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Whistler was alright on Friday. Never hit a line longer than 2 minutes. Light was pretty damn flat up top and the bottom portion of the peak to creek sucked hairy nuts.

But, the chutes off Harmony chair were pretty fun and found a couple little drops to test out the new fatter skis on.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #270

Does anyone know where I can buy a Cypress lift pass ticket as a gift for someone? I'm not looking to go all the way to Cypress to purchase a ticket. Does 7-Eleven or any grocery stores sell lift passes???

Thanks in advance.
ericpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #271
VLS Head Mod

Riding cypress right now and conditions are decent. It's a bit icy in some spots but the spots where the sun has been shining is the soft nice snow.

Need help. I have the burton boots with the heel support and they are killing my heel on the right foot and I think rubbing it raw; how do I fix this? Or only by wearing them in? Tia
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #272

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
Riding cypress right now and conditions are decent. It's a bit icy in some spots but the spots where the sun has been shining is the soft nice snow.

Need help. I have the burton boots with the heel support and they are killing my heel on the right foot and I think rubbing it raw; how do I fix this? Or only by wearing them in? Tia
Posted via RS Mobile
If its rubbing chances are it means ur heel is moving.
Try putting in a pair of footbeds first. Reduce heel movement and center ur heel in the heel pocket would be the first thing I do.
You can also heat mold the liners.
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #273
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpoker View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy a Cypress lift pass ticket as a gift for someone? I'm not looking to go all the way to Cypress to purchase a ticket. Does 7-Eleven or any grocery stores sell lift passes???

Thanks in advance.
Go to your nearest bell store
Posted via RS Mobile
jack_dangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #274

Damnnn Grouse was hella crappy tonight. Lots of hail/mist/rain. But other then that, it was empty.

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:14 AM   #275

Finally getting some snow here in Germany. It's snowed about 3 feet in town the last 36 hours and it's still snowing. Today was epic on the mountain.. no one there, first day they opened up everything on Fellhorn (one of the local mountains) and it was powder and tree runs all day long. No pic from the hill.. didn't bring my phone but this is in town.