REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #251
Need to Seek Professional Help

jeeze, i had goosebumps just thinking "are those all ticks?", but damn. glad the pup is with the spca now.
Advertisement
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #252
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
holy hell... i'm glad the dog is getting help but there needs to be a permanent solution for the pup. great job helping all these pups out skinny, you're a good guy.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #253
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well look who we found wandering the side of the road, literally right in front of the spot where the good boy got run over:

We're waiting for our neighbour to come home and help decide what to do. She already has the other two pupps (who were SO HAPPY to see us even through the window) so I don't know if she can take this dog, who is so utterly terrified right now
GREAT NEWS!!!

As you know, we took her to the SPCA. Unfortunately they deemed her "unfit for adoption" because apparently it would take them too long to rid her of the ticks, mites, and ringworm (fungus). Basically, they told us that if we don't adopt her ourselves, they would put her down.

We asked them to PLEASE hold off on it while we find someone to adopt her... We would have done it ourselves, but the way my life is situated right now, it is NOT the right time to be responsible for a dog. So we begged and pleaded on Facebook, and one of my friends' friend was able to take her in!

She was literally running into the last hours of her life, and she was rescued. I want to cry!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #254
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

SP delivers! I wanna shake your hand, sir.
Spoiler!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #255
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to get her back into tip top shape? ie. get rid of all the ticks/fleas/ring worm?
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #256

I can ask the guy who adopted her. It shouldn't be too much, since she had no serious illnesses. I think he is having her stay at their vet, so that would be somewhat costly. Taking her to your own home wouldn't be much, since all you'd have to do is keep pulling ticks out of her as they hatch. Pretty gross job (you can see the video of what happens on the previous page... nastiest cleanup job I have ever done), but not too expensive.

The adoption would be $1800 HKD, $1000 of which gets returned after you have her spayed. So about $100 CAD in the end.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #257
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Nothing to do with me rescuing a dog but this thread felt like the best place for this story

a guy on a paddle board paddled by some rocks peeking just over sea level and he finds a puppy stranded on it! and he rescues it (just saw it on cnn)

Paddle boarder saves Bam Bam the shih tzu stranded at sea - NY Daily News

Quote:
Paddle boarder saves Bam Bam the shih tzu stranded at sea
'He just sat there like a little dude’ says rescuer.

It wasn’t looking good for Bam Bam.
The shih tzu had ended up stranded on rocks in England’s North Sea, and the tide was rising.
But a water sports enthusiast paddling through the area spotted the shivering pup and came to his rescue just in time.
“There’s a little dog...and he’s stuck because of the tide,” Charlie Head said during a video he filmed of the rescue.
Head, 33, expertly maneuvered his paddle board toward the frightened animal.
‘He just sat there like a little dude, wondering what the hell to do,” he said as he steered toward the dog.
“He definitely needs a rescue,” he adds.
“It’s alright dude...it’s ok, it’s ok,” Head says as he coaxes the wet, shivering animal on his board.

Head was paddling his way from Cornwall to London to train for a 3,000-mile cross-Atlantic trip, Kent Online reported.
He took the dog to shore in Hampton. He is being kept by the town's dog warden as authorities search for his owners.

Read more: Paddle boarder saves Bam Bam the shih tzu stranded at sea - NY Daily News
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #258
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Anyone need a 7 month old pit bull? Found one wandering our work and in tempted to adopt but my program starts soon.
Posted via RS Mobile
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #259
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
Anyone need a 7 month old pit bull? Found one wandering our work and in tempted to adopt but my program starts soon.
Posted via RS Mobile
I wish I had room. Monty would love a little brother. I'll spread the word around.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #260

Here's "Stella" all healthy now

Old 07-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
They came back!

We think they escape when their "owners" neglect to feed them. I think one of our neighbors wants to take them in so we'll help him get them registered properly so he owns them legitimately
I was looking through my instagram photos, and I noticed that it has been nearly 1 year since we met these three... As you know, the boy (top in photo) got run over (coming home to that scene is something I'll never forget) but we were able to save the other two. Our neighbours took them in, and they are doing very well!

The memorial we put up for the boy lasted quite a while, but my wife says it was torn down about a month or two ago We'll still never forget him, and I am glad we get to see the girls still (although our neighbour moved to another village, it's not that far)

Them feels
This post thanked by:
Old 08-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #262
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Well, the name on the barge is "BARKley Sound", after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #263
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Called river dispatch to ask a passing tug to check it out.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #264
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Just a quick update, BB is alive and well. Livin' it up with his fur brothers still

Spoiler!