REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #26
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

How much calories/carbs should I be getting a day of I want to lose weight fast? According to the calculations above my body needs 2000 cals a day. Can I do 750-1000 cals a day along with working out / cardio? I need to lose 20 pounds in 5 weeks.
Advertisement
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

20 pounds in 5 weeks?

I doubt that is a reasonable goal, assuming your a beginner in fitness and nutrition.

Last edited by GGnoRE; 06-06-2012 at 09:56 PM.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
20 pounds in 5 weeks is a little optimistic.

Most people, on average, lose 1 to 2 pounds a week while staying healthy. None of this weird anorexia or bulimic crap.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Even then, a large chunk of that is no doubt water weight.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
How much calories/carbs should I be getting a day of I want to lose weight fast? According to the calculations above my body needs 2000 cals a day. Can I do 750-1000 cals a day along with working out / cardio? I need to lose 20 pounds in 5 weeks.
Your either a guy going on a summer vacation, or a chick looking to fit into a dress for an upcoming wedding..

I bet if you do an ECA stack, eat low calorie diet, and excersize, you might get close to dropping 20 pounds, but itl mainly be just a number. You won't come away looking all ripped. Kinda like mma fighters who have to drop x amount of weight in a few days, and look exactly the same.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
20 pounds in 5 weeks is a little optimistic.

Most people, on average, lose 1 to 2 pounds a week while staying healthy. None of this weird anorexia or bulimic crap.
depends how fat you are.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #33
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

I`m a guy, currently at 165 lb and 5`5. I`ve done the EC stack before and lost 6-7 pounds in 2 weeks, didn`t have much of an appetite while on it. Sure it might not be healthy losing so much weight, but that's my goal and I just want to slim down fast. Not looking to be ripped.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

1) eat in a calorie deficit
2) Train to prevent muscle loss
3) Keep protein 1gram for every body lb

do this for 3 months and you'll see a big change

those are the 3 main things
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #35
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
1) eat in a calorie deficit
2) Train to prevent muscle loss
3) Keep protein 1gram for every body lb

do this for 3 months and you'll see a big change

those are the 3 main things
So for me, I am rated at 3000 Calories if I am lying down in bed all day. I do work a desk job but I walk around quite a bit and stay fairly active. I consumed about 2500 Calories yesterday, I only consumed about 150g of protein (I should be at 235g) and I consumed over 200 grams of carbs, over my 180g daily limit.

I know I will still be losing weight, but unless Im eating chicken breasts and fish filets all day, how do I cut down on the carbs

I eat a lot of fruit too
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
I`m a guy, currently at 165 lb and 5`5. I`ve done the EC stack before and lost 6-7 pounds in 2 weeks, didn`t have much of an appetite while on it. Sure it might not be healthy losing so much weight, but that's my goal and I just want to slim down fast. Not looking to be ripped.
Do it the right way man.

heart attack, stroke, and death are some great side effects of torturing your body
Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #37
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

You cut down the carbs by not eating them at all. Or if you have more self control restrict what you eat seriously. I think this thread just screams I want it but I'm not willing to do it.

If you want to lose weight like everyone said weight lift, and have a diet. You don't have to be consistent about when you eat or how much you eat each meal.
Instead try to work on how much have I eaten for the day. Try cutting back a little today, and make damn sure you atleast cut back by that much the next few days eventually your stomach won't have as big of an appetite. If your stomach is hungry and you considered that you ate more than expected that day. Just skip the meal It won't hurt.
Also, If you have a super desire to lose weight. Cut all carbohydrates besides veggies and fruit. I cut rice, pasta, bread, pop, candy and everything to lose weight it worked. I did cheat once or twice a week but the scale shows I still lost weight.
The most important thing is to have some kind of protein whether real food or a shake after working out. The rest is a joke you could technically not even eat all day and eat one meal at night and call it intermittent fasting and not lose any muscle (personal experience)
I also don't count calories, use to be 185 lbs now I'm closer to 150 lbs, big difference right? Consistency is the key if you psych yourself out and cheat, get back on it right away don't stall and say next week or tomorrow cause it'll never come.
xPhuong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebTeggy View Post
Do it the right way man.

heart attack, stroke, and death are some great side effects of torturing your body
I do real amphetamines and it has no effect + arrythmia. Just consult with your doctor before starting any stims.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #39
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
I think for the lazy people that dont want to do a lot of research for programs and etc
Insanity is a great cardio program to lose fat. period.
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #40
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

For most people that are not going to eat 6-8 meals a day or watch calorie intake its simple

do not intake any refined sugar
do not intake a lot of bad fats
do not drink beer
do not go crazy on bad carbs

work out 2-3 times a week

seems simple, but its hard for most people.

Most people will lose 2-5 lbs a year if they just stop intaking sugar.
C5_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #41
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
heh when im pressed for time / don't have the ingredients to make a health conscious meal, i head over to mc donalds for lunch, order two grilled chicken snack wraps, eat the chicken and throw the rest away. costs around 4 bucks but hey, its fast and i (think) youre making the best out of a tight situation
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
heh when im pressed for time / don't have the ingredients to make a health conscious meal, i head over to mc donalds for lunch, order two grilled chicken snack wraps, eat the chicken and throw the rest away. costs around 4 bucks but hey, its fast and i (think) youre making the best out of a tight situation
might as well order chicken mcnuggets :P but this is a good idea haha, Im assuming you dont get ranch or buffalo, just plain
Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #43
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
If it tastes good, you're doing it wrong.

Jokes aside, I would just get it plain with only the chicken and lettuce/tomato, no sauce.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #44

So a quick update for you guys.....

I have started changing a lot of things around regarding the diet.

I usually eat some hard boiled eggs for breakfast (2) and a cup of V8 or some raw veggies, depending on how badly Im rushing to work.

I will drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. It is actually amazing because if I go without water for a couple hours I feel like Im dying. I remember days where I would go the whole day and only drink a coffee and a coke or something.

Drinking lots of water has reduced my appetite significantly. I am no longer hungry, and when I am I can usually put it off with water. Even at my hungriest during the day, i can feel my stomach being hungry but I have NO appetite. I actually prefer this since I don't ever really feel like snacking.

Fruits are EXTREMELY sweet. Drinking all this water instead of pop/coffee really reduced my ability to eat lots of sweets. Although I do still put a fair amount of sugar, I have reduced my coffee sizes to small, so its sweet, but low amounts of it.

I have been trying to eat lots of meat, to minimize my muscle loss, and I have been eating flour-less bread (bread made with whole grain wheat rather than flour). I still need to reduce my carb intake but I am doing well for now.

Lots of fresh fruits and fresh veggies. I usually have a cheat day on sundays but I just eat straight chicken wings, so I'm at least getting protein.

Thanks everyone for the tips. It is actually easy once you get into it. I find it kind of strange to walk around all day with a slight gurgle in my stomach. I know I am still eating good for my size but It is easy to get tricked. Water does the trick usually.

Does anyone know of a store that sells really good bone-less smoked salmon. I am going to start eating it by the pound.... I go to safeway but its like 10-11$ for a filet and it's just not worth it.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #45

Okay so reading through this thread is kind of confusing me, other than what seb just posted. I'm currently about 6'1, 170lbs which is pretty small. But I've done a body fat test and came in around 15-17%. I want to drop this without actually losing weight. I want to try and get to say 180lbs but only about 9-11% body fat.

I'll admit, my diet over this summer hasn't been great but once I get into university this fall, I'm changing everything right away; whole grain bread, pasta, more veggies/fruits. But what is a general rule for losing body fat but maintaining/building muscle mass in order to maintain weight? I plan on following a specific gym routine as well as running/doing HIIT runs/sprints once or twice a week.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes View Post
Okay so reading through this thread is kind of confusing me, other than what seb just posted. I'm currently about 6'1, 170lbs which is pretty small. But I've done a body fat test and came in around 15-17%. I want to drop this without actually losing weight. I want to try and get to say 180lbs but only about 9-11% body fat.

I'll admit, my diet over this summer hasn't been great but once I get into university this fall, I'm changing everything right away; whole grain bread, pasta, more veggies/fruits. But what is a general rule for losing body fat but maintaining/building muscle mass in order to maintain weight? I plan on following a specific gym routine as well as running/doing HIIT runs/sprints once or twice a week.
Your body fat percentage is probably in error. Also, do you know what 9-11% body fat looks like? A bodybuilder is 2-4%, sometimes 5%, someone in phenominal shape is around the 10% area. At 17% bf, 6'1 and 170 lbs you need to definitely start training to gain weight.

Basically, all that you ust listed, bread, pasta, fruits, veggies, that is all CARBS. This is something I learned recently. This will make up a large percentage of your calories.

From what I understand, if you eat 1800 Calories a day and you are recommended for 2400 calories a day, you will lose weight.

Now, if those 1800 calories come from purely carbs (Scenario A - sugars, potatoes, crap) you will lose weight differently from someone who is getting 1800 calories from a better option (Scenario B - veggies, meat, poultry, fish, etc.)

Think of it this way. If you work out and eat 1800 calories a day instead of 2400, Scenario B will yield in rip-ness where-as Scenario A will yield drastic amounts of muscle loss.

I plan on following a specific gym routine as well as running/doing HIIT runs/sprints once or twice a week

This sounds about right. Watch what you eat.

Also, Im confused, why the hell do you think that university life is going to make you a better eater? I am entering 4th year in september and my diet has always been horrible.

Last edited by sebTeggy; 06-26-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #47

I'm living in an 4 bdrm apartment at university, meaning I'm cooking my own meals and can manage and keep track of what I eat instead of just being served foods that the cafeteria makes. I actually eat a lot better at university than I do when I'm at home, as being at home, the family likes to cook large meals with meat, potatoes, veggies, everything.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #48
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Why are people against dairy products? Just wondering.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBettah View Post
Why are people against dairy products? Just wondering.
Dairy products is an inefficient way to take in protein and calcium, there are far better alternatives.

High in sat-fats and sugar, but low in calories.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #50
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Mid-update for you guys. I've lost a total of 9 pounds in the last 20 days. No pills or nothing but just clean eating and cardio 5x a week.

I still have about another 2.5 weeks left to go but even if i'm short 4 pounds or so of reaching my goals, I'm still really happy.

I definitely look healthier and a lot slimmer; friends are all saying i look fit =)
This post thanked by: