REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #51
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Good job dude!
Advertisement
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #52
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
Mid-update for you guys. I've lost a total of 9 pounds in the last 20 days. No pills or nothing but just clean eating and cardio 5x a week.

I still have about another 2.5 weeks left to go but even if i'm short 4 pounds or so of reaching my goals, I'm still really happy.

I definitely look healthier and a lot slimmer; friends are all saying i look fit =)
hey grats to you!

My whole life i was always in the middle between being normal, and being chubby. A year and half ago i underwent a minor case of depression, and just became a lazy person while blazing and munching out nearly every single day. My friends and coworkers all noticed how fat i was getting. My chin and jawline had almost disappeared, i didn't fit into a lot of my clothes anymore. I weighed myself then and i was around 165 lbs. Fast forward to now, with regular trips to the gym and eating wisely ( i still have my cheat days! ), i weigh around 141 lb's. It's amazing how lowering your bf% will greatly improve your facial aesthetics. Recently i've been noticing how many girls are noticing and complimenting me now, feels good brah. I am still working and dieting hard to reach around ~10% bf.

Once it becomes a habit, dieting is easy. You just have to tough it out the first week or two and then it becomes routine.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #53

I absolutely agree with the habit part.

For example, I went for dinner last night and only ate half my plate, I intentionally left it to pack home for another day. I was still hungry, yes, but I just finished my glass of water and called it a night.

The sensation of being 'hungry' is still there, but I have learned to sort of ignore it so it doesn't bug me as much. And like I said many times before, a glass of water usually gets rid of it.

I have lost 11 pounds roughly in the last month, but I did weigh myself in gym clothes after using the washroom, so give or take a little bit.

I am able to tell that my pants are giving me a lot more room. I have been eating MUCH MUCH less than I used to, and my stupid reasoning was 'big guy needs to eat!'

Good job Drow, I'm glad you are happy now

Oh and cheat days are IMPORTANT! Morally. It doesn't have to be a full day, I usually have a cheat meal on sundays when I go out for wings. I even order a pop. Although it isn't the best thing for you, its better to have 1 bad meal a week than to give up because you are nothing to look forward to
Old 08-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #54

UPDATE

So it is about 2.5 months after I posted this thread.

I am currently at 216 LBS from 235, I have lost lots of fat, my pants are having trouble fitting and I am using my belt on its max setting.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, making wiser choices. I can still get away with drinking a beer, going for wings, etc, but I consider these 'treats' and feel guilty if I eat poorly.

I have been exercising a lot. Not cardio, mainly weights (2-3 times a week), and go for a weekly walk/hike. Also take the stairs, things like that.

I think I will have to contribute most of my success to two things:

- Drinking plenty plenty plenty of water! It fills me up, flushes me out, keeps me active and hydrates, refreshed, etc. I have put hunger off many times by hydrating myself and realizing I really am not that hungry
- Avoiding bread with flour. I eat bread made from whole-grain-wheat that is sprouted without using flour. I used to eat 3 sandwitches a day (white flour) but now I eat it once a day.

A few other things:

Lots of avocados, tomatoes, nuts, and chewing gum.

In case anyone is wondering.......... Before, I used to eat shitty food 3 times a day, 7 days a week, and feel guilty and crappy about it

Now, I eat something tasty 2-3 times a week, and LOVE it Much better in my opinion.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #55
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i thought chewing gum makes u more hungry o_o
lavisxice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavisxice View Post
i thought chewing gum makes u more hungry o_o
I think the saliva in my stomach helps somehow.....