REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #801
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
No one remembers who came in second.

I would trade one cup in franchise history over a bunch of appearances in the finals.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #802
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Calgary wasn't that far off from making the playoffs and the 8th seed in the west managed to win the cup. However, I do believe they should be trading assets and collecting prospects for a rebuild. The Battle of Alberta could then shift to being the battle for top pick in the draft.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #803

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
I look at past success of my team like this:
We have an old man who banged a bunch of 10's back in the day (13 Cups, the last one in 67). In the case of fans like myself who are too young to have witnessed these Cup wins, I see this old man as having alzheimers - unable to remember all those women he's banged all the while the conquests are well documented.

Meanwhile we have the 41 year old virgin who seems to have no problem approaching hot women, but always missing one element needed to seal the deal.

In the end, I would rather be the old man who can say he banged 10's in his day, than the 41 year old virgin.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #804
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i dunno. to me, winning the cup once but spending every other year in obscurity doesnt do it for me. id rather be excited about the chance of winning one this year or next year or in 3 years than live in the past of "we won one once" while going on 10 game losing streaks and spending year after year after year at the bottom of the standings knowing you're going to lose again. would you rather be a fan of a team with one win in one show, but be a garbage team every other year, or be a fan of like philly or the canucks with at least a hope of winning the cup and a good successful showing every year.

ya, id love to see the canucks win a cup, ive been a fan since bure's rookie year. but im realistic knowing theres 29 other teams that can win and anything can happen so im not going to hate my life because they havent won one yet.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #805
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
i dunno. to me, winning the cup once but spending every other year in obscurity doesnt do it for me. id rather be excited about the chance of winning one this year or next year or in 3 years than live in the past of "we won one once" while going on 10 game losing streaks and spending year after year after year at the bottom of the standings knowing you're going to lose again. would you rather be a tampa bay fan with their one win in one show, but be a garbage team every other year, or be a fan of like philly or the canucks with at least a hope of winning the cup and a good successful showing every year.

ya, id love to see the canucks win a cup, ive been a fan since bure's rookie year. but im realistic knowing theres 29 other teams that can win and anything can happen so im not going to hate my life because they havent won one yet.

Yahhhhh, Tampa Bay fan.

At least they only had to wait just over 10 years to get their cup. Although our fanbase is bigger, we're 41 years and still counting; maybe for a while.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #806
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
from the looks of it, top players dont amount to much, eh? youve got lots of 'top' players on the canucks, as per your 'fans'....but you cant even make it through the first round..
It's easy to talk when you're on the outside looking in. Enjoy that cup you guys won over 23 years ago. Were you even born?
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
It's easy to talk when you're on the outside looking in. Enjoy that cup you guys won over 23 years ago. Were you even born?
I don't think it's easy because "they're outside looking in." I think it's easy because they actually won one.

Fuck, if Canucks ever won the cup, don't think it's not something we will dwell on, or even brag 20 years down the road.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #808
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
as long as we get one before the Leafs win in the modern era thats all I care about
Old 06-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #809
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

we need to win one before the leafs or before I die, whichever is sooner
Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #810

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
I vouch that we will win one before I die.
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 06-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #811
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I don't think it's easy because "they're outside looking in." I think it's easy because they actually won one.

Fuck, if Canucks ever won the cup, don't think it's not something we will dwell on, or even brag 20 years down the road.
Who gives a fuck? The Flames suck ass right now. Why bring up something that happened over 20 years ago?

BRB, Vancouver Millionaires
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #812

Quote:
Who gives a fuck? The Flames suck ass right now. Why bring up something that happened over 20 years ago?

BRB, Vancouver Millionaires

Calgarians.

And Millionaires != Canucks and that wasn't even the NHL.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #813
Big Drama Show

Still the Stanley Cup
Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #814
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

A rebuild for the flames should happen since bouwmeester is off the books soon. I'm not saying bouwmeester is bad, but does he play like a 7mil d-man? Wideman is a huge risk if he does not pan out. If they rebuild, they should do it soon since 2013 draft class is said to be very stacked with elite prospects (Shinkaruk, Mackinnon, Seth Jones, Barkov and etc). Canucks were pretty good during 2010-11 season with trades and moves and need to be as precise as they were back then. Road games seem to bite them in the ass in the finals.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #815
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Still the Stanley Cup
are you sure it was even called 'stanley cup' in 1915 or whenver it was?

honest question...to lazy to google.

One thing a lot of fans forget, and it is important...is that the best FRANCHISES out there are Toronto/montreal/islanders/edmonton. yes, i love to make fun of all of them...but i also respect them since they have a lot more cups than my team.

i have to give kudos to teams who have won...they have done it, doesnt matter when....they have done it...everyone thinks back on great achievements, if you say you dont, your a fucking liar....whenever it happened it still counts.

so sit down...take your presidents trophy and what other lame banners and participation ribbons you have...and shut up....youre a nothing team that hasnt done IT in 41 years. i bet you guys think lebron is better than micheal jordan too hahahaha

/rant
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #816
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
let me think what calgary has done in recent memory...

Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #817
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
are you sure it was even called 'stanley cup' in 1915 or whenver it was?

honest question...to lazy to google.

One thing a lot of fans forget, and it is important...is that the best FRANCHISES out there are Toronto/montreal/islanders/edmonton. yes, i love to make fun of all of them...but i also respect them since they have a lot more cups than my team.

i have to give kudos to teams who have won...they have done it, doesnt matter when....they have done it...everyone thinks back on great achievements, if you say you dont, your a fucking liar....whenever it happened it still counts.

so sit down...take your presidents trophy and what other lame banners and participation ribbons you have...and shut up....youre a nothing team that hasnt done IT in 41 years. i bet you guys think lebron is better than micheal jordan too hahahaha

/rant
Those franchises have only been successful because they've been around a long ass time, back when the competition wasn't as tough. Today, they're all shit. Detroit, however, is one franchise that I totally respect..it's been mostly successful and consistent for decades.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #818
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
I don't give much credit to Toronto at all. They won cups in a league where there was only 6 teams. What happened in 1967? The league expanded and they never even REACHED the cup finals ever again.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #819
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Exactly.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #820
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
Brb caring about teams that won championships with a 6 team league

It's like playing in the CFL, if you have a long enough career you'll probably win a championship
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #821

hahahaha tegra_devil youre awesome. this thread needed someone to polarize against since the nhl has been dry with news. you make a great sacrificial lamb ( i mean that in the nicest way possible, the last page and a bit would be boring as fuck without ya)

flames suck btw. trade your captain (who gives a fuck what he means, you guys need some high end prospects to carry your team forward. ..and your window to win is very unlikely to be now. They can tell him to resign later after hes a FA again or whatever if they are worried of being butthurt ) and ship get j-bo off ur books

and Edmonton will make do to the flames what pancakes did to dustin penner for years to come. The Battle of Alberta will consist of the Oilers drilling the hell out of Calgary

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #822
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Brb caring about teams that won championships with a 6 team league

It's like playing in the CFL, if you have a long enough career you'll probably win a championship
Lol, strong this
Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 AM   #823

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Hopefully this isn't a repost..lolll

These (soon-to-be) NHL Draft Picks Were Eager to Get Drunk and Screw Before Their Big Day - Crossing Broad
Old 06-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #824
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Hahaha. Oh to be young and dumb. And drafted LOL.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #825
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
When I played Jr hockey there were puck bunnies all over the place just like that. The things that happened when I was 18 lol
Closed Thread