REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #26
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I believe it was Jawaharlal Nehru who, at Mahatma Gandhi's funeral, said "Friends and comrades, the light has gone out of our lives and there is darkness everywhere. I do not know what to tell you and how to say it."

Our beloved friend, "Dukes" as we called him, the father of the hipster nation, is no more.

We will not see him again as we have seen him for these many years.

We will not run to him for advice and seek solace from him, and that is a terrible blow, not to me only, but to thousands on this forum, and it is a little difficult to soften the blow by any other advice that I or anyone else can give you.

As Fidel Castro said at the funeral of Che Guevara, "Tonight we are gathered here, you and I, to try to express these sentiments in some way with regard to one who was one of the most familiar, one of the most admired, one of the most beloved, and, without any doubt, the most extraordinary of our comrades of revolution, to express these sentiment to him and to the heroes who have fought and have fallen beside him"

Dukes stood among us as a man among men, though we knew he was so much more. We shouldn't remember for his final words, "Ewwww...dirty Chinks" but for the words he DIDN'T say. As a man born in the Chinese special economic zone of Macau who immigrated to Canada at a young age, he had a unique perspective on Sino-Canadian relations. I believe this perspective led to him compounding his feelings on the issue of a potential insurance scammer into those three words. bcrdukes sought a better world for us all and he paid the ultimate price in doing so.

To borrow from Oprah Winfrey's statements at the funeral of civil rights activist Rosa Parks:

And after our first meeting I realized that God uses good people to do great things. And I'm here today to say a final thank you, Brother Dukes, for being a great man who used your life to serve, to serve us all. That day that you refused to give up your opinion, you, bcrdukes, changed the trajectory of my life and the lives of so many other people in the world.
I would not be standing here today nor standing where I stand every day had he not chosen to put his foot down. I know that. I know that. I know that. I know that, and I honor that. Had he not chosen to say we shall not -- we shall not be moved.

Good night, sweet prince. There is no pain where you are.

Advertisement
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #27
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

shit, even I've been banned.

wait, isn't Hot Baby Asian?

regardless you are responsible for your own account security. weather you leave your account logged in at the Apple store or lose your phone. Until you fix the situation, you can be banned.

EDIT: sorry I didn't see this thread was locked
Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Hell, even I was banned by Trinity a while ago.

Keep your account safe, watch what you say in the main forums, and you'll be fine.

Don't pull a Dukes.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #29
VLS Head Mod

I've seen bcrdukes troll a lot over the last years so personally I don't think this was an instance of hacked account
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #30
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
This has now become a mod discussion post. Ahh, the advantages of being able to post in closed threads
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread