REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Rogaine hair regrowth

where can i get it locally and how much?

i dont generally like to shop online

help and tips please?

GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
London drugs. Read the label carefully though, it only works for a very specific type of hair loss.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
I can tell you that you save A TON more buying online than locally. Online you are looking at 10 bucks a month supply, whereas locally, at least 30. I am talking about the generic Minoxidil.

TIP: start using it at the first sight of thinning, and stay on it. If you are already pretty bald, it isn't going to help.

http://www.minoxidildirect.com/Mens_Rogaine.htm
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
GG

thx i order 4 months supply online

will see how it goes
Old 03-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
GG

it seems the one u linked me is a bit more expensive?

4 months $60 dollar

Minoxidil 5% - Top 5% Minoxidil Foam Hair Products for Men at Minoxidil Direct

this one 6 months only 30 dollar

i bought the foam one

Old 03-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
RS Veteran

I linked the home page. It was up to you to navigate. foam is better anyways. less messy
Old 03-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top
it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...
the grandfather was pretty bald apparently it skips generations? im 22 and the hair is getting more blonde and thin in the top, this might help then
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
RS Veteran

Quote:
the grandfather was pretty bald apparently it skips generations? im 22 and the hair is getting more blonde and thin in the top, this might help then
don't pay so much attention and hope you don't go bald because of what your mom or your dads or you momds dads or dads mom etc.. if you see thinning , and don't like it , do something about it
Old 03-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
I read a little bit that it depends on your mom side because it carries from the Y chromosome or something like that. Ask your mom about your grandfather if he's bald.

Also, before going rogaine or the likes, consult your family doctor and have him recommend you a dermatologist. They can determine the reason why you're thinning.

Hair loss can be the cause of many things like A and B vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, lack of exercise, the use of specific shampoo, the use of hair dryer, stress and obviously diet.

There was a site where a girl posted her progress on combing her hair and her hair grew back because she was stimulating her hair follicles. If I find it again I'll post it. She had receding hairline though.

Anyways, if you have brittle nails, one thing I recommend trying is taking B-complex vitamins, especially biotin. They're water soluble so even if you take too much, it'll come out of your system when you take a piss. I bought 30mcg biotin and tried it for about a month and a half and noticed my hair got thicker, but I am still losing hair. There was actually a couple of months where I noticed my hair growing back faster than it was losing, and it was the time where I had least stress.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
I read a little bit that it depends on your mom side because it carries from the Y chromosome or something like that. Ask your mom about your grandfather if he's bald.

Also, before going rogaine or the likes, consult your family doctor and have him recommend you a dermatologist. They can determine the reason why you're thinning.

Hair loss can be the cause of many things like A and B vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, lack of exercise, the use of specific shampoo, the use of hair dryer, stress and obviously diet.

There was a site where a girl posted her progress on combing her hair and her hair grew back because she was stimulating her hair follicles. If I find it again I'll post it. She had receding hairline though.

Anyways, if you have brittle nails, one thing I recommend trying is taking B-complex vitamins, especially biotin. They're water soluble so even if you take too much, it'll come out of your system when you take a piss. I bought 30mcg biotin and tried it for about a month and a half and noticed my hair got thicker, but I am still losing hair. There was actually a couple of months where I noticed my hair growing back faster than it was losing, and it was the time where I had least stress.
it's genetics plain and simple. yes it COULD be other factors, but for men, the majority of the time it is MPB. If you did your research, you would have also learned that it may not be only linked to your mom's side.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

anybody wants some, i have a few bottle of kirkland 5%.. (stopped using as it contains alch. for absorption, leaving my scalp very dry.)
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #14
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Also IIRC it only works for the back of your head (the "bald spot") not the top ("receding hairline")
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #15
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Also IIRC it only works for the back of your head (the "bald spot") not the top ("receding hairline")
they can only claim that it works for the back of the head because that's where they tested it when the drug was in trials. If you think about it it, it shouldn't matter where the hair is, minoxidil is known to stimulate hair follicles by increasing blood flow to that area.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
they can only claim that it works for the back of the head because that's where they tested it when the drug was in trials. If you think about it it, it shouldn't matter where the hair is, minoxidil is known to stimulate hair follicles by increasing blood flow to that area.
They claim that because that is what the research and testing supports. Hair loss can be different depending on area... I haven't used it myself, but if you google it you might find out whether people have had success with monoxidil on their temples. I doubt they do, but who knows
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
GG

any side effect on using this product?

some say it may cause cancer
Old 05-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #18
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
any side effect on using this product?

some say it may cause cancer
wtf? the air I breathe causes cancer.... but seriously, that is the first time I heard anything along those lines
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

is there anything that works on a receding hairline?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #20
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
usually when your hair has receded to the point where you can notice it, all you can hope for is keeping what you have. goes for baldness on the crown as well. by the time you see just scalp, there are no more active follicles, that is why it is recommended to start treatment as soon as you start noticing. I personally believe rogaine can be used for receding hairlines but you won't get the results you want since it will be more for maintenance.

You guys who are using or thinking of using rogaine should seriously consider using saw palmetto extract as well. google it.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #21

its weird, according to my doctor im not going bald. i have a widows peak and the 2 peaks have gotten a little thinner and mightve receded a little not too sure. there are like these baby hairs around it, is there still hope to regrow these?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #22
RS Veteran

Quote:
its weird, according to my doctor im not going bald. i have a widows peak and the 2 peaks have gotten a little thinner and mightve receded a little not too sure. there are like these baby hairs around it, is there still hope to regrow these?
if there is hair, there is a chance they can regrow thicker with rogaine... the "baby" hairs are basically your thick hairs miniaturizing. Post a pic. Could be your hairline maturing.. sometimes hairlines will recede a bit and then stop.. sometimes itll keep going and lead to full out balding.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
yes , it does, i hadn't used anything for couple of years. now seeing growth. then again im using 15% rogain
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
yes , it does, i hadn't used anything for couple of years. now seeing growth. then again im using 15% rogain
15% is some super strength minox! where did you get yours from?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #25

managed to grab the 5 percent foam from the states, last box. starting it today , i am hoping for a miracle