REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Rogaine hair regrowth (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681671-rogaine-hair-regrowth.html)

GG 03-13-2013 08:14 PM

Rogaine hair regrowth

where can i get it locally and how much?

i dont generally like to shop online

help and tips please?

westopher 03-13-2013 08:17 PM

London drugs. Read the label carefully though, it only works for a very specific type of hair loss.

Spidey 03-13-2013 08:18 PM

I can tell you that you save A TON more buying online than locally. Online you are looking at 10 bucks a month supply, whereas locally, at least 30. I am talking about the generic Minoxidil.

TIP: start using it at the first sight of thinning, and stay on it. If you are already pretty bald, it isn't going to help.

http://www.minoxidildirect.com/Mens_Rogaine.htm

GG 03-13-2013 09:35 PM

thx i order 4 months supply online

will see how it goes

GG 03-13-2013 09:40 PM

it seems the one u linked me is a bit more expensive?

4 months $60 dollar

Minoxidil 5% - Top 5% Minoxidil Foam Hair Products for Men at Minoxidil Direct

this one 6 months only 30 dollar

i bought the foam one

:okay:

Spidey 03-14-2013 09:59 AM

I linked the home page. It was up to you to navigate. foam is better anyways. less messy

snails 03-14-2013 10:09 AM

when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top

Spidey 03-14-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8184504)
when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top

it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...

snails 03-14-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8184505)
it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...

the grandfather was pretty bald apparently it skips generations? im 22 and the hair is getting more blonde and thin in the top, this might help then :okay:

Spidey 03-14-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8184508)
the grandfather was pretty bald apparently it skips generations? im 22 and the hair is getting more blonde and thin in the top, this might help then :okay:

don't pay so much attention and hope you don't go bald because of what your mom or your dads or you momds dads or dads mom etc.. if you see thinning , and don't like it , do something about it

mr_chin 03-15-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8184504)

I read a little bit that it depends on your mom side because it carries from the Y chromosome or something like that. Ask your mom about your grandfather if he's bald.

Also, before going rogaine or the likes, consult your family doctor and have him recommend you a dermatologist. They can determine the reason why you're thinning.

Hair loss can be the cause of many things like A and B vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, lack of exercise, the use of specific shampoo, the use of hair dryer, stress and obviously diet.

There was a site where a girl posted her progress on combing her hair and her hair grew back because she was stimulating her hair follicles. If I find it again I'll post it. She had receding hairline though.

Anyways, if you have brittle nails, one thing I recommend trying is taking B-complex vitamins, especially biotin. They're water soluble so even if you take too much, it'll come out of your system when you take a piss. I bought 30mcg biotin and tried it for about a month and a half and noticed my hair got thicker, but I am still losing hair. There was actually a couple of months where I noticed my hair growing back faster than it was losing, and it was the time where I had least stress.

Spidey 03-16-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8186005)
I read a little bit that it depends on your mom side because it carries from the Y chromosome or something like that. Ask your mom about your grandfather if he's bald.

Also, before going rogaine or the likes, consult your family doctor and have him recommend you a dermatologist. They can determine the reason why you're thinning.

Hair loss can be the cause of many things like A and B vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, lack of exercise, the use of specific shampoo, the use of hair dryer, stress and obviously diet.

There was a site where a girl posted her progress on combing her hair and her hair grew back because she was stimulating her hair follicles. If I find it again I'll post it. She had receding hairline though.

Anyways, if you have brittle nails, one thing I recommend trying is taking B-complex vitamins, especially biotin. They're water soluble so even if you take too much, it'll come out of your system when you take a piss. I bought 30mcg biotin and tried it for about a month and a half and noticed my hair got thicker, but I am still losing hair. There was actually a couple of months where I noticed my hair growing back faster than it was losing, and it was the time where I had least stress.

it's genetics plain and simple. yes it COULD be other factors, but for men, the majority of the time it is MPB. If you did your research, you would have also learned that it may not be only linked to your mom's side.

tool001 03-19-2013 01:38 PM

anybody wants some, i have a few bottle of kirkland 5%.. (stopped using as it contains alch. for absorption, leaving my scalp very dry.)

SkinnyPupp 03-19-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8184505)

Also IIRC it only works for the back of your head (the "bald spot") not the top ("receding hairline")

Spidey 03-19-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8188922)
Also IIRC it only works for the back of your head (the "bald spot") not the top ("receding hairline")

they can only claim that it works for the back of the head because that's where they tested it when the drug was in trials. If you think about it it, it shouldn't matter where the hair is, minoxidil is known to stimulate hair follicles by increasing blood flow to that area.

SkinnyPupp 03-19-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueG2 (Post 8188976)
they can only claim that it works for the back of the head because that's where they tested it when the drug was in trials. If you think about it it, it shouldn't matter where the hair is, minoxidil is known to stimulate hair follicles by increasing blood flow to that area.

They claim that because that is what the research and testing supports. Hair loss can be different depending on area... I haven't used it myself, but if you google it you might find out whether people have had success with monoxidil on their temples. I doubt they do, but who knows

GG 05-10-2013 10:50 PM

any side effect on using this product?

some say it may cause cancer

Spidey 05-11-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tequilabomb (Post 8234692)
any side effect on using this product?

some say it may cause cancer

wtf? the air I breathe causes cancer.... but seriously, that is the first time I heard anything along those lines

jack3d 05-14-2013 04:41 AM

is there anything that works on a receding hairline?

Spidey 05-14-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 8237048)

usually when your hair has receded to the point where you can notice it, all you can hope for is keeping what you have. goes for baldness on the crown as well. by the time you see just scalp, there are no more active follicles, that is why it is recommended to start treatment as soon as you start noticing. I personally believe rogaine can be used for receding hairlines but you won't get the results you want since it will be more for maintenance.

You guys who are using or thinking of using rogaine should seriously consider using saw palmetto extract as well. google it.

jack3d 05-14-2013 04:03 PM

its weird, according to my doctor im not going bald. i have a widows peak and the 2 peaks have gotten a little thinner and mightve receded a little not too sure. there are like these baby hairs around it, is there still hope to regrow these?

Spidey 05-14-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 8237309)
its weird, according to my doctor im not going bald. i have a widows peak and the 2 peaks have gotten a little thinner and mightve receded a little not too sure. there are like these baby hairs around it, is there still hope to regrow these?

if there is hair, there is a chance they can regrow thicker with rogaine... the "baby" hairs are basically your thick hairs miniaturizing. Post a pic. Could be your hairline maturing.. sometimes hairlines will recede a bit and then stop.. sometimes itll keep going and lead to full out balding.

tool001 05-15-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 8237048)

yes , it does, i hadn't used anything for couple of years. now seeing growth. then again im using 15% rogain

Spidey 05-15-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool001 (Post 8237865)
yes , it does, i hadn't used anything for couple of years. now seeing growth. then again im using 15% rogain

15% is some super strength minox! where did you get yours from?

jack3d 05-16-2013 04:57 AM

managed to grab the 5 percent foam from the states, last box. starting it today , i am hoping for a miracle