REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
GG
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
GG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 880
Thanked 290 Times in 80 Posts
Rogaine hair regrowth

where can i get it locally and how much?

i dont generally like to shop online



help and tips please?

GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,167
Thanked 18,407 Times in 3,973 Posts
London drugs. Read the label carefully though, it only works for a very specific type of hair loss.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
I can tell you that you save A TON more buying online than locally. Online you are looking at 10 bucks a month supply, whereas locally, at least 30. I am talking about the generic Minoxidil.

TIP: start using it at the first sight of thinning, and stay on it. If you are already pretty bald, it isn't going to help.

http://www.minoxidildirect.com/Mens_Rogaine.htm
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
GG
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
GG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 880
Thanked 290 Times in 80 Posts
thx i order 4 months supply online

will see how it goes
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
GG
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
GG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 880
Thanked 290 Times in 80 Posts
it seems the one u linked me is a bit more expensive?


4 months $60 dollar

Minoxidil 5% - Top 5% Minoxidil Foam Hair Products for Men at Minoxidil Direct

this one 6 months only 30 dollar


i bought the foam one

GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
I linked the home page. It was up to you to navigate. foam is better anyways. less messy
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy
 
snails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in a shell
Posts: 2,580
Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #8
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top
it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy
 
snails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in a shell
Posts: 2,580
Thanked 5,905 Times in 1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...
the grandfather was pretty bald apparently it skips generations? im 22 and the hair is getting more blonde and thin in the top, this might help then
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
the grandfather was pretty bald apparently it skips generations? im 22 and the hair is getting more blonde and thin in the top, this might help then
don't pay so much attention and hope you don't go bald because of what your mom or your dads or you momds dads or dads mom etc.. if you see thinning , and don't like it , do something about it
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,699
Thanked 1,007 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
when you say very specific types what do you mean? i dont have a family doctor so its not something i can talk about, im not bald or anything but i noticed thinning on the top
I read a little bit that it depends on your mom side because it carries from the Y chromosome or something like that. Ask your mom about your grandfather if he's bald.

Also, before going rogaine or the likes, consult your family doctor and have him recommend you a dermatologist. They can determine the reason why you're thinning.

Hair loss can be the cause of many things like A and B vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, lack of exercise, the use of specific shampoo, the use of hair dryer, stress and obviously diet.

There was a site where a girl posted her progress on combing her hair and her hair grew back because she was stimulating her hair follicles. If I find it again I'll post it. She had receding hairline though.

Anyways, if you have brittle nails, one thing I recommend trying is taking B-complex vitamins, especially biotin. They're water soluble so even if you take too much, it'll come out of your system when you take a piss. I bought 30mcg biotin and tried it for about a month and a half and noticed my hair got thicker, but I am still losing hair. There was actually a couple of months where I noticed my hair growing back faster than it was losing, and it was the time where I had least stress.
mr_chin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
I read a little bit that it depends on your mom side because it carries from the Y chromosome or something like that. Ask your mom about your grandfather if he's bald.

Also, before going rogaine or the likes, consult your family doctor and have him recommend you a dermatologist. They can determine the reason why you're thinning.

Hair loss can be the cause of many things like A and B vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, lack of exercise, the use of specific shampoo, the use of hair dryer, stress and obviously diet.

There was a site where a girl posted her progress on combing her hair and her hair grew back because she was stimulating her hair follicles. If I find it again I'll post it. She had receding hairline though.

Anyways, if you have brittle nails, one thing I recommend trying is taking B-complex vitamins, especially biotin. They're water soluble so even if you take too much, it'll come out of your system when you take a piss. I bought 30mcg biotin and tried it for about a month and a half and noticed my hair got thicker, but I am still losing hair. There was actually a couple of months where I noticed my hair growing back faster than it was losing, and it was the time where I had least stress.
it's genetics plain and simple. yes it COULD be other factors, but for men, the majority of the time it is MPB. If you did your research, you would have also learned that it may not be only linked to your mom's side.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS
 
tool001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,214
Thanked 810 Times in 274 Posts
anybody wants some, i have a few bottle of kirkland 5%.. (stopped using as it contains alch. for absorption, leaving my scalp very dry.)
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,007
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
it's pretty much meant for male pattern baldness.. google it and you will find out what that is... pretty much genetic and not caused by stress or illness etc...
Also IIRC it only works for the back of your head (the "bald spot") not the top ("receding hairline")
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Also IIRC it only works for the back of your head (the "bald spot") not the top ("receding hairline")
they can only claim that it works for the back of the head because that's where they tested it when the drug was in trials. If you think about it it, it shouldn't matter where the hair is, minoxidil is known to stimulate hair follicles by increasing blood flow to that area.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,007
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
they can only claim that it works for the back of the head because that's where they tested it when the drug was in trials. If you think about it it, it shouldn't matter where the hair is, minoxidil is known to stimulate hair follicles by increasing blood flow to that area.
They claim that because that is what the research and testing supports. Hair loss can be different depending on area... I haven't used it myself, but if you google it you might find out whether people have had success with monoxidil on their temples. I doubt they do, but who knows
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #17
GG
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
GG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 880
Thanked 290 Times in 80 Posts
any side effect on using this product?

some say it may cause cancer
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #18
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
any side effect on using this product?

some say it may cause cancer
wtf? the air I breathe causes cancer.... but seriously, that is the first time I heard anything along those lines
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 591
Thanked 170 Times in 60 Posts
is there anything that works on a receding hairline?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
is there anything that works on a receding hairline?
usually when your hair has receded to the point where you can notice it, all you can hope for is keeping what you have. goes for baldness on the crown as well. by the time you see just scalp, there are no more active follicles, that is why it is recommended to start treatment as soon as you start noticing. I personally believe rogaine can be used for receding hairlines but you won't get the results you want since it will be more for maintenance.

You guys who are using or thinking of using rogaine should seriously consider using saw palmetto extract as well. google it.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 591
Thanked 170 Times in 60 Posts
its weird, according to my doctor im not going bald. i have a widows peak and the 2 peaks have gotten a little thinner and mightve receded a little not too sure. there are like these baby hairs around it, is there still hope to regrow these?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
its weird, according to my doctor im not going bald. i have a widows peak and the 2 peaks have gotten a little thinner and mightve receded a little not too sure. there are like these baby hairs around it, is there still hope to regrow these?
if there is hair, there is a chance they can regrow thicker with rogaine... the "baby" hairs are basically your thick hairs miniaturizing. Post a pic. Could be your hairline maturing.. sometimes hairlines will recede a bit and then stop.. sometimes itll keep going and lead to full out balding.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS
 
tool001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,214
Thanked 810 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
is there anything that works on a receding hairline?
yes , it does, i hadn't used anything for couple of years. now seeing growth. then again im using 15% rogain
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
yes , it does, i hadn't used anything for couple of years. now seeing growth. then again im using 15% rogain
15% is some super strength minox! where did you get yours from?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 591
Thanked 170 Times in 60 Posts
managed to grab the 5 percent foam from the states, last box. starting it today , i am hoping for a miracle
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net