REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Advertisement
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #27
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

you have to find what works best with your body for me since i'm naturally wide and didn't really want bulk i trained for definition.

starting age 20
starting weight 145
height 5'11

nutrition: i asked a natural path doctor about what my blood type should be eatting to gain weight and be healthy.

a lot of complex carbs like whole wheat pasta and rye bread , a lot of proteine high meats, a lot a fat rich foods with "good" cholesteral like coconut butter.

supplements: B12, bcaa, calcium, multi, creatine and glutamine. (warning about creatine it did work quite well but i had kidney pains after a three monh cycle, so i havn't used it since).

i also take milkthistle for my liver.

workout regiment: 3-6 days a week at the gym for an average of half an our each day. leaving at least 2 days of rest in between each muscle group. i superseted everything.
for example i'd curl 8 reps at 40 pound, drop the 40s and grab 35s right away, do 8 reps then 30s, 25s and 20's each at 8 reps.

i's do about 4 muscle groups each day and only 2-3 sets of superset reps for each muscle groupe.

(supersets will get you ripped,increase your cardio endurance and increase your athletic explosive power. but they're not the best for training for bulk or heavy lifting).

i trained for 3 months this way and went from a skinny kid at 145 pounds to a defined skinny kid at 165 pounds, with very low body fat.

here's photo's from 145 to 155

and a photo shoot a modeled for for a friend at school at 165, i think i make a decent looking goth kid, lol

mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I was skinny 140lbs (5'10) and 20% body fat, slept 10 hours a day and still felt tired. Started running 10km every 2 days for 3 months, then stopped running and hit the gym to gain mass, every 3 days for an hour each with a heavy weight low rep routine. Cut my diet to only protein and veg 5 meals a day, not fruit or dairy and the only carb i'd eat was a small bowl of brown rice every day. after 4 months I weighed 172lbs with 7% body fat, slept 5 hours a day and would be energized for the entire day.... then I came to China and started partying and stopped working out, now i'm back down to 140lbs and 24% body fat >
Old 06-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I started working out mostly out of boredom and a sprinkle of napoleon complex. After being your typical gym goer for a year, I decided to get more serious about lifting and my inner gym rat/RS workout thread has kept me motivated ever since.
hx2gls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Define fit lol. As in healthy fit or muscular fit?

I pretty much just jog for 45 to 60mins every other day and go to yoga. Not very muscular at all but not fat either.

It depends on what you want. If you want muscle, go work out in a gym, if you just want to healthier and burn some fat then go jogging, swimming and some yoga.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #31
I don't get it

Since February, I've gone from 208lbs to 184lbs. For the first 40 days I was on the 4 hour body, 6 days on, 1 day off. Worked pretty well in terms of losing the first 10-12 lbs. Then i started watching all these Netflix movies on food and proper nutrition. The one that really influenced me the most was "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead".

I began fresh pressed juicing 2-3 times a day and went on a 4 day mini fast where I felt like crap for the first 3 days and better afterwards. I began eating mostly vegetables and juicing for the next 2 weeks. Energy felt great, continued to lose weight.

Eventually i stopped eating red meat (chicken, pork, turkey, beef, lamb) all together and continued to press fresh juices twice a day, protein shake in the am and pm, work out at home with my TRX cables, and hockey once a week. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since April and none of my pants fit me (unless i want to look thug).

In May i had a health check and my Total cholesterol was at 3.94 and body fat percentage was at 17%. Hopefully by this time next year i'll be down to 11-12% body fat.

Last edited by Zordon; 07-16-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #32
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklam View Post
Since February, I've gone from 208lbs to 184lbs. For the first 40 days I was on the 4 hour body, 6 days on, 1 day off. Worked pretty well in terms of losing the first 10-12 lbs. Then i started watching all these Netflix movies on food and proper nutrition. The one that really influenced me the most was "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead".

I began juicing 2-3 times a day and went on a 4 day mini fast where I felt like crap for the first 3 days and better afterwards. I began eating mostly vegetables and juicing for the next 2 weeks. Energy felt great, continued to lose weight.

Eventually i stopped eating red meat (chicken, pork, turkey, beef, lamb) all together and continued to press fresh juices twice a day, protein shake in the am and pm, work out at home with my TRX cables, and hockey once a week. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since April and none of my pants fit me (unless i want to look thug).

In May i had a health check and my Total cholesterol was at 3.94 and body fat percentage was at 17%. Hopefully by this time next year i'll be down to 11-12% body fat.
not sure if you meant juicing as in steroid/doping or as in drinking juice. Can be kind of deceiving since we're talking about working out and body composition.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #33
I don't get it

I see what you mean, i've edited the above. Not steroids, fresh fruits and vegetable juices.
Zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #34
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I think for me, the biggest issue is diet. I've been back at the gym for about two months and although I haven't lost weight, I've thinned out around my waist a little and bulked up in my upper torso. I just need to get back on avoiding pop/store juices as well as eating more leafy greens and fruit.

Going to the gym is easy, changing your diet and lifestyle is the hard part.
Posted via RS Mobile
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogenfruz View Post
I think for me, the biggest issue is diet. I've been back at the gym for about two months and although I haven't lost weight, I've thinned out around my waist a little and bulked up in my upper torso. I just need to get back on avoiding pop/store juices as well as eating more leafy greens and fruit.

Going to the gym is easy, changing your diet and lifestyle is the hard part.
Posted via RS Mobile
Totally
It's diet man
Most peeps don't get that
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
I started to watch what I eat
and did GSP Rushfit program 3 consecutive times. (1 week rest in between each 8 week program)
Then started going to the gym a few times a week

Still a long ways to go, but I'm happy with my progress so far.

total time lapse: ~18months before: ~250lbs+, 35%+bf after: ~180lbs, 17%bf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rscomparo.jpg (75.5 KB, 0 views)
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Diet is a huge factor.. I've lost about 6 sizes on my waist since january from changing it.. and its still a bit dirty (store bought pizzas and whopper wednesdays ).
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #38

^ I caved this past week and had pizza twice... I started drinking Coke again because if I start, I just keep drinking it. I hate it. I broke my 2 month streak.

I gotta start eating cleaner, maybe get on this Kale train that's so popular lately.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #39
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25 View Post
you have to find what works best with your body for me since i'm naturally wide and didn't really want bulk i trained for definition.

starting age 20
starting weight 145
height 5'11

nutrition: i asked a natural path doctor about what my blood type should be eatting to gain weight and be healthy.

a lot of complex carbs like whole wheat pasta and rye bread , a lot of proteine high meats, a lot a fat rich foods with "good" cholesteral like coconut butter.

supplements: B12, bcaa, calcium, multi, creatine and glutamine. (warning about creatine it did work quite well but i had kidney pains after a three monh cycle, so i havn't used it since).

workout regiment: 3-6 days a week at the gym for an average of half an our each day. leaving at least 2 days of rest in between each muscle group. i superseted everything.
for example i'd curl 8 reps at 40 pound, drop the 40s and grab 35s right away, do 8 reps then 30s, 25s and 20's each at 8 reps.

i's do about 4 muscle groups each day and only 2-3 sets of superset reps for each muscle groupe.

(supersets will get you ripped,increase your cardio endurance and increase your athletic explosive power. but they're not the best for training for bulk or heavy lifting).

i trained for 3 months this way and went from a skinny kid at 145 pounds to a defined skinny kid at 165 pounds, with very low body fat.
the high rep meaning more toned, low reps meaning bulky muscle is a myth. low body fat percentage = toned.

if you look up the best way to increase muscle mass (hypertrophy), you will see that higher reps are more benficial, as it recruits the most muscle fibers.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #40
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

thumbs up guys!

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #41
RS Veteran

btw, awesome work skiipi
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #42
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
i bought a blendtec blender and i have to say, its simplified my life a lot.

i use it 3 times a day (morning shake with a lot of extras added, lunch green smoothie, morning shake again with a light dinner or after workout). basically i use it to replace breakfast and lunch (sometimes go out for lunch with coworkers but rare these days).

totally recommend a high powered blender such as a vitamix or blendtec for those who are trying to save time in the kitchen. its the only kitchen appliance i bought that i didnt stop using after a few weeks, and i dont think i'll stop anytime soon (sorry juicer, food processor, mixer, and a million other things)
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #43
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25 View Post

starting age 20
starting weight 145
height 5'11

holy shit, its like you took every fitness myth possible. literally everything you said in the post is completely wrong
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #44

Growing up I was the skinny lanky kid that could eat anything and would remain skinny. Then in highschool I started to put on a lot of weight, i chalked this up to puberty and McDonalds daily special menu. In grade 10, I weighed about 170 by the time I left in Grade 12 I was about 200lbs. Couple years after high school I decided to move out with a couple buddies and thats when I ballooned, we ate out every night, always had people over drinking, had the worst sleep regiment and overall just a very unhealthy lifestyle. During this time about 4 years ago I was roughly 230lbs when I met this girl, she is now my wife, she slowly started to change my diet and I initially lost some weight. Started going back to the gym but never really got cut up or anything, I was the dude at the gym that would lift large weights and look really massy but never looked really muscular I weighed in at 215lb for the longest time. Over the last year and two I started to try to get active again, played alot of basketball and what not but still only got down to about 210lbs. I started to weight train again recently, within the last 2 months and watched what I was eating a little bit better and now am down to roughly 199lbs, my goal weight is 185lbs. I decided to try to lose weight as even though I am only 26, its not like I am getting and younger so I need to get my health in check,given that I am married now and everything and would like to be around for my wife as long as possible. As of right now I have basically cut out all deep fried food, fast food and pop. Started packing lunches trying to eat cleaner in general, and I am also on a EC stack.

What I have learnt about myself over the course of all these years is that:
1. my metabolism can no longer handle eating everything in sight
2. I feel like I am a fast loser but a faster gainer, so that kinda sucks
3. My friends and I actually discussed this: because in the summer time we are constantly out doing activities and what not we eat whatever we want and either maintain or lose weight, however as soon as winter rolls around we start packing on the weight.

My advice to everyone, if I am even qualified to do so, is that come up with a plan that you are able to sustain. Crash dieting and all that stuff you will get immediate results but why not chose something that you will actually enjoy doing or eating.

17/07/2013
6'1" 199lbs
Goal: 185lbs

good luck to everyone going through the same stuff!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #45
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
holy shit, its like you took every fitness myth possible. literally everything you said in the post is completely wrong
I wouldn't say everything he did was/were myth. What's wrong with getting advice from a natural path?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I wouldn't say everything he did was/were myth. What's wrong with getting advice from a natural path?
aside from absolutely no empirical information supporting most of their claims?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #47
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
aside from absolutely no empirical information supporting most of their claims?
and what has western medicine done except mask the problem, and drugging people up with side effects? Don't get me wrong, I am not against western medicine as it has done wonders, but aside from vaccination, it is almost all reactive medicine. People would save millions if they learned to prevent diseases instead of helping pharmaceutical companies get richer. Of course that would never happen. The big companies like Pfizer would never let that happen.

It all comes down to money. A lot of natural remedies are not "scientifically proven" because there is no funding from anyone to conduct the independent tests. You can hate all you want, but I would rather go the natural route with respect to acne, stress, blood pressure, etc, than simply taking a pill that causes other side effects while masking the underlying issue.

Just like western medicine drugs, it doesn't work for everyone, nor does everyone suffer from the same side effects. There is enough satisfied patients for homeopathic doctors to make a decent living, and for it to be recognized by many extended health insurers.

You can say it hasn't worked for you, but you cannot generalize and say it doesn't work, period. Have you even tried any alternative medicine?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Was a chubby kid up until early highschool, even though I played a lot of sports and was active. Probably because I ate so much goddamn rice.

Anyway, became a DDR master and shed a lot of weight, also started playing tennis and working out and became a lot stronger. Now I don't really care about getting massive, just getting stronger, staying lean, and eating/resting properly.

Numbers wise though, went from 150 two years ago, athletic-stoner build, to around 167 now and more muscular. I'm around 5'10 as well. Cut back on rice, eating a lot more fruits and veggies, less processed foods, more water instead of anything with sugar and carbonation. Drinking a lot less (sort of) munching out a lot less.

Last edited by SB7; 07-17-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: details
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
and what has western medicine done except mask the problem, and drugging people up with side effects? Don't get me wrong, I am not against western medicine as it has done wonders, but aside from vaccination, it is almost all reactive medicine. People would save millions if they learned to prevent diseases instead of helping pharmaceutical companies get richer. Of course that would never happen. The big companies like Pfizer would never let that happen.

It all comes down to money. A lot of natural remedies are not "scientifically proven" because there is no funding from anyone to conduct the independent tests. You can hate all you want, but I would rather go the natural route with respect to acne, stress, blood pressure, etc, than simply taking a pill that causes other side effects while masking the underlying issue.

Just like western medicine drugs, it doesn't work for everyone, nor does everyone suffer from the same side effects. There is enough satisfied patients for homeopathic doctors to make a decent living, and for it to be recognized by many extended health insurers.

You can say it hasn't worked for you, but you cannot generalize and say it doesn't work, period. Have you even tried any alternative medicine?
if you wanna believe in what is inherently witchcraft, thats fine by me...there's a sucker born every minute. it just seems like you have almost 0 understanding of basic physiology, biology, economics and chemistry

literally 99% of "western" medicine (stupid fucking term btw) is just synthetic compounds derived from naturally occuring substances. for example...tylenol etc

as for the side effects, a medicine is formulated to treat maybe millions of people, all of which have idiosyncratic conditions and physiology. you can have a side effect to literally anything you consume

naturopaths "work" in the sense that they inherently exploit the power of our own minds (via the placebo effect) to "treat" illnesses
Old 07-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #50

@sidvicious @spidey
To each their own, this thread was made to help inspire ppl not for u guys to bitch about which approach is better