REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
I don't get it

RSers, how did you get fit?

I'm not sure if this thread is made redundant by the general fitness thread, or if it's been posted before. I did some searching and couldn't find anything.

What are your transformation stories? Maybe it will inspire and motivate people. To be honest, I'd rather hear the stories of people who were super skinny or obese and transformed their bodies, rather than those who had a leg up and were athletic their whole lives, simply because I can relate to it more.
Advertisement
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Super skinny prior to 2012 sept. I have always been very active (playing basketball, soccer, badminton, vball), but was always very skinny (i looked like I weighed 120ish at 5'8). Decided to hit up the gym and bulk. Gained about 15-20 lbs since then, and am still working hard at it. I'm hoping to bulk another 10-15 lbs by the end of the year. Currently going to SN about 5 times a week. Going to the gym has definitely helped my performance and endurance in sports.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
good thread will post my story when I get off my phone and into computer
Posted via RS Mobile
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
The desire to be able to tear bones from flesh with my bare hands.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

u go to the gym to improve on your physique. You train hard, you will notice improvements. And because you notice improvements, its what motivates you.

I started working out last summer and I wasnt serious about it. During the time, I worked out when I felt like it or when my friends wanted to. Sometimes we go and we just leave because we rather go out and chill instead.

Just when school started, I became serious on making gains. I was 120lbs, now I am 150lbs due to being persistent on going to the gym every morning before class.
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Started riding a bike, started eating clean and the rest is just filler.

I now fit into my clothes from high school.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
I weighed 220 mid November 2012, by mid February 2013 I was 175 then got in a car accident and was unable to work out for awhile. Now I'm down to 165 and starting to build muscle. Biggest things for me were excercise, stopped drinking pop and eating at fast food places/eating random shit I didn't need.
Posted via RS Mobile
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
I was always a fatty, especially during grade 8 and 9, almost weighing in at 200lbs. Joined rugby and wrestling during grade 9 to help lose weight. Started working out mildly in grade 10. Took it a bit more serious in grade 12 and joined local gym Raptors. I wasn't as fat as before, but I didn't get the result I was looking for (ripped, toned, etc). Unfortunately back then I ignored doing squats and deadlifts like most others.

It wasn't until 3 years later in 2010 when I took it very seriously. I started to post on forums, ask questions and re-search online to help me make changes. During this time I worked out at home and manged to lose 40 lbs within the year. The key was proper diet (nutrition) and weight training. Cleaned my diet, logged my workouts and signed up with Steve Nash Sports Club. Now playing sports and working out is part of my lifestyle. Working out and getting a good sweat on is fun for me. It's also a good stress reliever. Most importantly its my thing, for that 1-1.5 hr I get to focus on myself and improve myself physically and mentally. So kudos to anyone that is willing to make an effort to living a healthier lifestyle.

anyways I may not have the 6 pack that I've wanted atm, but my lifts are better than ever, and I'm not a fatty anymore
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Great thread, the posts are a good read and very inspiring. Here is my story taken from my website:

"Gary was often known as the “skinny guy” growing up. Being hyperactive as a child, he had no trouble finding time for exercise whether it was on the basketball court, on the field or at home. However, he never gained much muscle mass. It was not until a close friend of his introduced him to weight lifting during his university years that he started to take working out more seriously. With the support of friends and coaches, Gary soon made big changes to his body composition. This taught him that hard work and dedication are a must in order to achieve the body he wanted. Even though it started off as a hobby, he continues to lift hard for his own personal satisfaction and well-being. Gary strongly believes that when someone puts their mind into something and is guided in the right direction, there is no reason why he or she cannot achieve what they want to become."
GFitTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Patience. Everything takes time. Eat right, sleep well and exercise.
Posted via RS Mobile
BBMme is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Ièm actually doing a video on this right now, had a friend on facebook ask about this.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #12
I subscribe to Revscene

Started off as 165lb with a beer belly last May. Work 9-5 where I sit on a chair all day long. Didn't play any sports either. Ate out every other night, drank beer, smoked and so on. Decided to really change myself before I get too old. Started paying for a gym membership and because it was not cheap, it sort of motivated me to go more often to get my money's worth. Noticed I am actually making progress so I kept going. It's like a cycle.

Throughout the entire time I tried out supplements as well, such as EC stack, pre-workouts and the usual protein. Happy to say that now I'm down to 140lb, and I actually look muscular.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
I've heard that much of keeping fit has to do with your frame in general. Some take little effort and can still keep fit whereas others gain a ton of weight eating quite minimal. The key is patience and im trying
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #14
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
steroids.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #15
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
saw an ad for celltech that told me I could look like one of their models if I used their supplement
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #16
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
started in high school. from grade 8 to grade 10, i was the skinniest guy u can find. standing just below 6 ft and weighing 110lbs,i was pretty much the brown larry king live. then during grade 10, i made a life changing decision of working out, problem was that i was a really weak ass bitch. i'm talking like too weak to bench 50 pounds kind of weak. so i made a little plan to start up the whole process.

plan was to do 3 sets of 10 for pushups, dips, pull ups, curls, and anything that i could do in the vicinity of my house. i was too insecure to lift outside of my house kuz i was so damn weak. needless to say, shit went damn well. i got into strength and condition in grade 11 and 12 and actually having some strength to move the bar was nice to see.

at the time of my graduation, i could rep out wide grip pull ups, rep out 135 bench, preacher curl 70, rep out dips, military press 90ish, and shrug a few plates. my body weight went from 110lbs in grade 10 to 160lbs in grade 12. in gr11 and 12, i focussed on reps so i would be doing allot of pyramids, 10x10s, and many high rep crap to get my body growing. sadly i never worked legs during this time like a cheeky pinner cunt

fast forward a couple years and a friend of mine gets me into the powerlifting world. this is when i finally start working my weak ass legs. at first it was a big shock as i was still doing body building shit that didnt have full range of motion or lockouts so all my lifts plummeted . then i realized that my body was far more accepting to strength training rather than body building. i was not only getting stronger pretty rapidly but i started packing some serious muscle mass.

then not until a month ago, i finally passed the 1000 pound total mark with the body weight of 215lbs. i went from a wimpy weak ass 110lbs to 215lbs in a span of 5 years. i had a shit loadda injuries n what not but it doesnt stop me from going back to the gym

as for diet, i ate anything and everything, added a whole lotta fruits n veggies and a ton of meat including the protein powders in my diet.
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
mindblowing inspiration overload in this thread.

Something we can all relate too, because none of us started off being big, fast or strong and everyone has their own story

I got something good in store for you guys

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
I LOVE SQWAT

Not fit yet, but I'm working on it!

Find some something you truly enjoy doing and then rest will be easy. For me that was powerlifting too.
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Back when I considered myself "fit" it all started with a gym membership. As others have said, the price made me go; I wanted my money's worth. I would go 5 days each week, with weekends off. This would be after 8 hours at a somewhat physical job anyway.

Once I moved for University, I lost focus, but I'm getting a new membership tomorrow and starting after work on Monday.

Time to get back to a solid 190!
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
halogodv2
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

I was always very skinny. I remember when I was 19, I weigh 138lbs at 6'1". I felt like crap, ate whatever I wanted and have no idea on how to diet, bodybuild, or anything like that. I could eat a cow and still maintain the same weight on my ectomorph frame. I was jealous of people with natural good genes and thought this is pretty much what I will be for the rest of my life.

A friend introduced me to the gym and I thought ah.h..might as well try it out. What do I have to lose. I started bench pressing 85lbs and was struggling. LOL. After about 8-12 months I hit 155lbs and I felt great! I wasnt as scrawny as I used to be, but still looked thin under my clothes.

I kind of left the gym for years due to school/work/gf etc. Then last year I was about to get married, my fiance and I signed up for a gym to get in shape. I was 155 at the time. My goal was to get bigger, so I started researching on how to do that. I started eating a lot more and supplementing with lots of home made protein/weight gainer shakes and push harder at the gym. I now weight in at 176 with approx 10% body fat. My goal is to hit 185, so I am almost there and feeling great!
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #22

For me, It was drinking/eating out.

I did it to excess for about 4 years. Spending a lot of time at Guu, Kintaro, etc.

I ballooned from 190lbs to about 235. Last April I got pissed off and decided to stop. So the first thing I did was:

Cut out beer.

Just that with some minor diet changes, I lost 15lbs alone in the first month. Then in May 2012 I started to go to the gym, for rehab a car accident injury, and just did a lot of cycling/eliptical/rowing machine.

In June 2012 I started playing as a goalie in ball hockey, 3 times a week along with the gym 2-3 times a week.

By February of this year, I was at 183lbs. I went from a size 48 suit to size 42. L-XL shirts to a M, and from 36-38 waist to 34.

BUT. Had a really shitty breakup in mid february, so started drinking and eating out again.....now I'm at 194..... =(((

Cutting it out at the end of this month again and going back to circuit training for hockey (I'm now playing on ice).

Moral of it all?

Don't drink so much beer. Don't eat so much shit. Run/bike/swim a couple times a week.

You'll be good.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutgz View Post
I was always very skinny. I remember when I was 19, I weigh 138lbs at 6'1". I felt like crap, ate whatever I wanted and have no idea on how to diet, bodybuild, or anything like that. I could eat a cow and still maintain the same weight on my ectomorph frame. I was jealous of people with natural good genes and thought this is pretty much what I will be for the rest of my life.

A friend introduced me to the gym and I thought ah.h..might as well try it out. What do I have to lose. I started bench pressing 85lbs and was struggling. LOL. After about 8-12 months I hit 155lbs and I felt great! I wasnt as scrawny as I used to be, but still looked thin under my clothes.

I kind of left the gym for years due to school/work/gf etc. Then last year I was about to get married, my fiance and I signed up for a gym to get in shape. I was 155 at the time. My goal was to get bigger, so I started researching on how to do that. I started eating a lot more and supplementing with lots of home made protein/weight gainer shakes and push harder at the gym. I now weight in at 176 with approx 10% body fat. My goal is to hit 185, so I am almost there and feeling great!
I'm an endomorph body. It's like I NEVER get skinny. Wish we can trade and balance each other out LOL
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
nothing too crazy to report but i was about 185 (all time high) two years ago and never active at all, now down to 150 (all time low since highschool)
the first 20-25lbs was easy but the last 10 were not. took a lot of calorie counting and running 3-4x a week to get to where i am. now im addicted to running, so i think i'll be just fine.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #25
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I went from being fit and toned at 7% body fat to just being fat these days. So need to find the motivation and not sure how these days...
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote