REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I like. Can't wait to see how crazy the gt500 looks
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
BBMme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post

•2.4L I4 GTDI Engine (310 Horsepower/310 ft-kb of torque and Fuel Economy: 22 MPG City/32 MPG Highway)
potential 2014 mazdaspeed 3 power plant?
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
They aren't going to scrap the Coyote after only 3 years, and why would they get rid of the 3.7 v6 for one that was worse performance, and worse fuel economy?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
potential 2014 mazdaspeed 3 power plant?
Doubt it, Ford & Mazda split years ago.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
WTB 2.4L turbo charged engine
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
some more info, based on a ford survey:

2015 Mustang Engine Lineup and Power Figures Revealed by Ford Survey | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog ? Mustang6G

•4.9L V8 Engine (430 Horsepower/396ft-lb of torque and Fuel Economy: 18 MPG City/28 Highway MPG) $1,890
4951cc rounds up to 5.0L, nice math website
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Yeah...funny how that whole 360 view thing "leaked". Stop the presses, we have a "whistle blower" wink wink.

Anyway...that is one sad ass looking Mustang. The gum drop back end, to the family sedan style front end.

Only thing I like is that it finally has IRS...which will piss off the purists to no end. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about that as much as most people I see driving Mustangs are...well, pretty everyone from Grandmas all the way down to teenagers.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #33

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
No.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

I guarantee it is going to have a crappy interior like every previous generations of Mustangs.
platinum300 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum300 View Post
I guarantee it is going to have a crappy interior like every previous generations of Mustangs.

Even with a crappy interior, Mustangs have a certain magic and allure about them.
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #36
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Ford Working on ?Voodoo? EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V8 for 2015 Mustang

some of this is already in this thread but just to summarize again:

Quote:
Acccordng to Car&Driver, the Blue Oval company is working a EcoBoost twin-turbo V8 mill, internally known as “Voodoo”, that will develop between 550 to 600 HP when fitted in the next-generation Shelby GT350. Interestingly enough, our source also speculates that Ford will continue to offer the Shelby GT500 - with the same supercharged 5.8-liter V8 - although past reports said the performance nameplate will be dropped and replaced by a new Mach 1.

In addition to the “Voodoo” engine, which displaces between 5.0 and 5.5-liters and has a 180-degree crankshaft, the 2015 Mustang will gain an updated “Coyote” 5.0-liter that could deliver as much as 500 HP. What’s more, Top Speed adds that Ford is also considering the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 found in the Taurus SHO for the new Mustang.

Until these rumors are either confirmed or denied, we do known the 2015 Ford Mustang will become available with a 300 HP naturally-aspirated V6, a 310 HP four-cylinder and the already familiar “Coyote” V8 as the range-topping GT (before any other high-performance iteration).

watch out z/28 and zL1.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #37

The ecoboost V8 is what would have me running back to the dealers...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 10-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Even with a crappy interior, Mustangs have a certain magic and allure about them.
yeah 662hp, 202mph for cheap!

that performance is supercar territory
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
looks like the new A5/S5 to me...

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #40

It should be called Fusion Coupe.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
It would almost appear that car manufacturers are beginning to look less diverse
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #42

Quote:
It would almost appear that car manufacturers are beginning to look less diverse
yeah i know

except the GT-R, it's in the class of its own
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #43
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
With stricter crash standards, emission controls and the adoption of global platforms, I think everything will look the same in due time.

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #44

It's comparable to the early days of NASCAR vs. today's NASCAR. Back in the day, it used to be about who could build the fastest car (with spectacular results), now it's all cookie cutter regulated crap. A "Ford Fusion" stock car is almost identical to a "Toyota Camry" stock car, as is the automotive industry of today.

If individual style/flare has to go out the window in favor of 20 airbags, I think it's gone too far. You can only be so safe in a metal cage, accepting that bad things can happen is part of the driving experience. There is a reason behind old muscle cars being worth 20x as much as when they were new, and while going that far back in terms of safety isn't ideal, it proves a point, people want individuality and style.

Maybe my opinion is amplified by my depression, but everything about today's vehicles is bland and unappealing.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 10-30-2013 at 06:30 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #45

In hindsight me saying i should of waited a year is off, what it really comes down to for me is powertrain, i.e if next year's V6 has 350hp, or whatever, i'd wish i had waited, but if it has the same, i'm happy with mine. As long as it's RWD, 2 dr, and looks somewhat decent, i'm buying the power train more than the aesthetics.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #46
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
looks like the new A5/S5 to me...
Not similar at all.

But, it is subjective, or is it?
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #47
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Damn...Ford designers sure got lazy.
(flamesuit on)

is the grille design really that bad? i know copying aston martin is not original, but i can think of much worse grilles out there (lexus and acura come to mind). but this design is supposed to be the new ford global corporate look they are adopting to most if not all of their passenger vehicles. the fusion was the first. you see a similar grille shape in the focus, and they just redesigned the fiesta's grille to look the same. the mustang is only following suit, and this is just the fords available in north america... this grille design is on nearly everything ford overseas (ford transit for example):

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 10-31-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #48

Quote:
(flamesuit on)

is the grille design really that bad? i know copying aston martin is not original, but i can think of much worse grilles out there (lexus and acura come to mind). but this design is supposed to be the new ford global corporate look they are adopting to most if not all of their passenger vehicles. the fusion was the first. you see a similar grille shape in the focus, and they just redesigned the fiesta's grille to look the same. the mustang is only following suit, and this is just the fords available in north america... this grille design is on nearly everything ford overseas (ford transit for example):
]
ok read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
It's comparable to the early days of NASCAR vs. today's NASCAR. Back in the day, it used to be about who could build the fastest car (with spectacular results), now it's all cookie cutter regulated crap. A "Ford Fusion" stock car is almost identical to a "Toyota Camry" stock car, as is the automotive industry of today.

If individual style/flare has to go out the window in favor of 20 airbags, I think it's gone too far. You can only be so safe in a metal cage, accepting that bad things can happen is part of the driving experience. There is a reason behind old muscle cars being worth 20x as much as when they were new, and while going that far back in terms of safety isn't ideal, it proves a point, people want individuality and style.

Maybe my opinion is amplified by my depression, but everything about today's vehicles is bland and unappealing.
No, Aston Martin grille is not bad.

What I'm saying is that Mustang lost it's original look. As Yodamaster said, what kind of muscle car fans want to their car look like a Ford Transit or Fusion family sedan?

Same goes for Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, etc.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #49
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
ok read this...

No, Aston Martin grille is not bad.

What I'm saying is that Mustang lost it's original look. As Yodamaster said, what kind of muscle car fans want to their car look like a Ford Transit or Fusion family sedan?

Same goes for Corvette, Camaro, Challenger, etc.
sign of the times. the 70's are long gone, and traditional muscle car fans only account for a small market share. the camaro, firebird, etc. disappeared because they remained old school in a modern age (fuel costs and insurance also played a factor as well). the mustang skated on thin ice as well (such as the 1990's when the ford probe was supposed to be the new mustang). then 2005 came and the retro look was in and mustangs were flying off the shelves. but now something like 8 years have passed and nostalgia can only carry you so far. ford has to move forward, and they have stated for awhile now that this redesign was not going to be a continuation of the retro theme anymore. they want the mustang to appeal to a broader market, including overseas. if there are more sales and better profits, maybe ford will invest more into such things like adding more content into the cheap interior (like the useless cupholders and stupid missing dead pedal i don't have in mine). they've already done so with the new IRS and the ecoboost engine option... we'll just have to wait and see if the consumer will buy into this.

Last edited by thumper; 10-31-2013 at 09:35 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #50

Quote:
sign of the times. the 70's are long gone, and traditional muscle car fans only account for a small market share. the camaro, firebird, etc. disappeared because they remained old school in a modern age (fuel costs and insurance also played a factor as well). the mustang skated on thin ice as well (such as the 1990's when the ford probe was supposed to be the new mustang). then 2005 came and the retro look was in and mustangs were flying off the shelves. but now something like 8 years have passed and nostalgia can only carry you so far. ford has to move forward, and they have stated for awhile now that this redesign was not going to be a continuation of the retro theme anymore. they want the mustang to appeal to a broader market, including overseas. if there are more sales and better profits, maybe ford will invest more into such things like adding more content into the cheap interior (like the useless cupholders and stupid missing dead pedal i don't have in mine). they've already done so with the new IRS and the ecoboost engine option... we'll just have to wait and see if the consumer will buy into this.

If they "have to move forward with design", it would be best for them to dump the Mustang name. This... thing gives the Mustang badge a bad name. In my opinion the Mustang died in 1970, what they came up with next would have been better suited to a new name. When you create a completely new car, it starts with an original image, skew too far from that image and it is no longer part of that namesake.

The same can be said for the new Camaro, Corvette, Challenger, 370z, and Skyline (Japan). As I've mentioned, if individual traits and style have to go out the window in the name of safety regulations, we've lost the way completely. I'd much rather buy a new Nissan Z if it looked like the 240z, but instead you get this mashed up G37 abortion. There is a reason why older versions of these cars get so much attention from the public when you see them driving around, and it's not just enthusiasts that notice.

The Scion FRS is a great example of creating a brand new namesake in the place of past glory (and still pleasing fans), a shape people can identify as being an "FRS".

Last edited by Yodamaster; 10-31-2013 at 11:30 AM.
This post thanked by: